Thread: Do Federations directly apply to the people?

Do Federations directly apply to the people?

or are they always Government's OF Governments?

"The governmental or constitutional structure found in a federation is known as federalism. It can be considered the opposite of another system, the unitary state.

A federation (also known as a federal state) is a political entity characterized by a union of partially self-governing states or regions under a central (federal) government.

As originally written, the United States Constitution was created to limit the federal government from exerting power over the states by enumerating only specific powers. It was further limited by the addition of the Tenth Amendment contained in the Bill of Rights and the Eleventh Amendment. However, later amendments, particularly the Fourteenth Amendment, gave the federal government considerable authority over states."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation

A unitary state is a state governed as a single power in which the central government is ultimately supreme and any administrative divisions (sub-national units) exercise only powers that the central government chooses to delegate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitary_state

with any luck, I will no longer be pestered by those who do not understand this word.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seeing as how the question in the thread title is meaningless, I don't see how anyone can answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Seeing as how the question in the thread title is meaningless, I don't see how anyone can answer it.
    especially for you erowe1!

"what is a Federation?" can it be defined? or is it as esoteric as the wind?

(and before you ask, yes. I can explain why the wind blows. and also why it rains!)
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Here hold my Beer and watch this.

I am not sure if Federations apply to the people but they, Federations, would like us to think they apply to us.
    Last edited by mrsat_98; 04-29-2016 at 06:27 PM.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

I wonder if the OP knows that the FFs he worships had their own definition and understanding of Federalism that has little to do with his copypasta....
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    As originally written, the United States Constitution was created to limit the federal government from exerting power over the states by enumerating only specific powers. It was further limited by the addition of the Tenth Amendment contained in the Bill of Rights and the Eleventh Amendment. However, later amendments, particularly the Fourteenth Amendment, gave the federal government considerable authority over states.
    So that we can understand what you're getting at here, did you quote this in order to show something you disagree with?

I ask because I notice that it refers to that thing which the Constitution limits as "the federal government," and you've been very zealous in insisting that the US Constitution has nothing to do with any government.

or are they always Government's OF Governments?

"The governmental or constitutional structure found in a federation is known as federalism. It can be considered the opposite of another system, the unitary state.

A federation (also known as a federal state) is a political entity characterized by a union of partially self-governing states or regions under a central (federal) government.

As originally written, the United States Constitution was created to limit the federal government from exerting power over the states by enumerating only specific powers. It was further limited by the addition of the Tenth Amendment contained in the Bill of Rights and the Eleventh Amendment. However, later amendments, particularly the Fourteenth Amendment, gave the federal government considerable authority over states."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federation

A unitary state is a state governed as a single power in which the central government is ultimately supreme and any administrative divisions (sub-national units) exercise only powers that the central government chooses to delegate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitary_state

with any luck, I will no longer be pestered by those who do not understand this word.
    Federations are weak to start with . They basically have to be geographically connected . Otherwise the central govt has no force to move around quickly to stamp out those who do not participate. Then if they are connected , at some point it is likely some of those will see a benefit to be alone , or not with the whole group .

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I wonder if the OP knows that the FFs he worships had their own definition and understanding of Federalism that has little to do with his copypasta....
    would you be so kind sir. as to enlighten us, as to WTF you are talking about?

the FFs were LONG DEAD before the 14th. ( did you borrow suzes secret decoder ring?)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde;6206639[B
    ]Federations are weak to start with .[/B] They basically have to be geographically connected . Otherwise the central govt has no force to move around quickly to stamp out those who do not participate. Then if they are connected , at some point it is likely some of those will see a benefit to be alone , or not with the whole group .
    @.oyarde, Federations are weak to start with .

you will have to take that up with AF and others.
    I do not consider a "Federation" to be the ultimate Pandora's box sir.

(AF is DEATHLY afraid of federations sir)

It depends.

The National Federation of Gay Pilots does not apply to me. (yes, there really is such a thing)

A national federation of governments that have come together to form a powerful central government to rule over me, certainly does apply.

Federations apply directly to people when federations use force to apply the federation on people.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Federations apply directly to people when federations use force to apply the federation on people.
    First thing a government federation does: gets a bunch of guys with guns, gives them silly looking clothes and haircuts, and permission to kick our ass whenever they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    First thing a government federation does: gets a bunch of guys with guns, gives them silly looking clothes and haircuts, and permission to kick our ass whenever they feel like it.
    Hey, it's all good. Theye, the people, voted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    It depends.

The National Federation of Gay Pilots does not apply to me. (yes, there really is such a thing)

A national federation of governments that have come together to form a powerful central government to rule over me, certainly does apply.
    why have you not shared your special knowledge of this word with Wikipedia?

is it because you consider a "unitary state" to always be superior to a "federal state"?

I simply cannot make this subject more simplistic for you AF. sorry..

(and yes, Federal express also exists.)
    Last edited by HVACTech; 04-30-2016 at 10:24 PM. Reason: this guy is a waste of my time.

Hey, it's all good. Theye, the people, voted for it.
    Safety(TM) is indeed of the utmost importance. Just because the occasional skull gets broken while being Protected And Served doesn't mean it's wrong. After all, without our Overlords' strongmen, who would keep us Safe(TM)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    why have you not shared your special knowledge of this word with Wikipedia?

is it because you consider a "unitary state" to always be superior to a "federal state"?

I simply cannot make this subject more simplistic for you AF. sorry..

(and yes, Federal express also exists.)
    You haven't done anything other than spout a bunch of nonsense.

If you get a bunch of your buddies together and federate, I'd just have to say, yes. Unless it doesn't directly apply, then no.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 05-01-2016 at 07:50 AM.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic