Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coach Bobby Knight endorses Trump in Indiana

Coach Bobby Knight endorses Trump in Indiana

================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Knight is very popular in Indiana.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Chair-throwing, coach-choking, player-slapping Indiana legend Bobby Knight endorses “most prepared man in history” to be president — Donald Trump
    Continuing the tradition of old, white men with a strange affinity for chairs endorsing likely Republican nominees, yesterday former Indiana basketball coach Bobby Knight came out in support of Donald Trump, claiming that he’s “the most prepared man in history to step in as president of the United States.”

Knight was as short as his infamous temper as to why Trump was actually that qualified, merely telling Greta Van Susteren that “I’ve always voted for the person that I thought was the best for the job [and] there’s no question in my mind that the man standing between the two of us [Donald Trump] is far and away the best person to lead America back where we all want to be led.”

For his part, Trump called the man who once said that “if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it” an “unbelievable leader,” and described how he actively sought out the endorsement of the chair-tossing, assistant coach-choking, player-slapping Knight a “leader.”

“I said, ‘Coach, it’s Trump — do you still want to endorse me?'” Trump recalled. “He’s like, ‘Absolutely, I’ve been waiting for your call.'” Knight looked uncomfortable being cast as the object of a fourteen-year-old’s crush, but Trump ventured on, saying that he needed a “winner” like Knight by his side if he was going to keep on “winning.”

“We all love Indiana, but who’s more Mr. Indiana, who’s done more for Indiana? I mean — look at all the championships.”
    http://www.salon.com/2016/04/28/chai..._donald_trump/
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    So, you're saying RP is KKK because these guys wanted a picture with him? What does that have to do with Trump CALLING Knight for an endorsement?
    There is no spoon.

Last edited by CPUd; 04-29-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

I have been told on these forums a zillion times that a candidate is not his supporters. If you are claiming that is not the case, then you must say the same about Ron and his supporters.

Trump asked for Knight's endorsement, apparently, and Knight willingly gave it. It was a political move before the Indiana vote. That's all it was.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 04-29-2016 at 12:47 PM.
    ================

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Applause.

"Beat" means be successful. To win. i.e. I beat you in that board game.

If the person is working towards something I agree with, I darn sure want them to be successful.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 04-29-2016 at 12:48 PM.
    ================

Well there's 50,000 more votes.

What's cool about this is that watching the news is like watching ESPN.

"When my time is gone. I hope they bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my ass!"

Bob Knight

He endorsed Trump because Trump is eager to use nuclear weapons. Sounds dreamy.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

panem et circenses

Oh, Bobby Knight endorsed him?! Damn. I guess I need to reconsider and start supporting Trump.

Said no one. Ever.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

"Bobby Knight Praises Trump Because He Has ‘the Guts’ to Drop an Atom Bomb"

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bobby...rop-an-a-bomb/

I like Bob Knight as a basketball coach but he has no idea what he is talk about. Bob Knight called Harry Truman one of the three great Presidents. it is interesting that most people voting for Trump perceive him to be ultra-hawkish.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    "Bobby Knight Praises Trump Because He Has ‘the Guts’ to Drop an Atom Bomb"

http://www.mediaite.com/online/bobby...rop-an-a-bomb/

I like Bob Knight as a basketball coach but he has no idea what he is talk about. Bob Knight called Harry Truman one of the three great Presidents. it is interesting that most people voting for Trump perceive him to be ultra-hawkish.
    ...here

"What's your priority among our nuclear triad?"

No matter how little you know about the makeup of our nuclear forces, it's clear Hewitt is suggesting the technologies we use to deliver a nuclear attack are too old, and asking Trump what his priority would be when it comes to maintaining them. Right? You'd have to be completely ignorant, an utter buffoon with the intelligence of an earthworm the other earthworms make fun of for being dumb not to get the gist of what Hewitt is asking here.

And yet.

This was Trump's response:

"Well, first of all, I think we need somebody absolutely that we can trust, who is totally responsible, who really knows what he or she is doing. That is so powerful and so important."

On the face of it, Trump's first comments may seem reasonable. We do need someone we can trust, who is totally responsible, who knows what he or she is doing when it comes to taking charge of our nuclear arsenal. But this wasn't an introduction to a fuller answer explaining why he knows what he's doing (or what his plans are). To Trump, that was the substantive answer. Listen to Trump for 30 seconds at any of his rallies and you realize that's the entirety of his thought process. "Make America Great Again" is a perfectly fine slogan if you have a plan to make America great again, but with Trump, the slogan is the entire agenda. There is no plan.

How do we know Trump is responsible enough to handle our nuclear arsenal? He went on:

"And one of the things that I'm frankly most proud of is that in 2003, 2004, I was totally against going into Iraq because you're going to destabilize the Middle East. I called it. I called it very strongly. And it was very important."

First of all, Trump is simply lying; he did not, in fact, strongly object to the Iraq War before it began. But even if he was against the Iraq War, that doesn't qualify him to control and maintain the world's largest collection of nuclear bombs. I opposed the war, marching with signs and everything. And please believe me when I tell you I have no business anywhere near a bomb with the power to evaporate a city.

Trump wasn't done yet.

"But we have to be extremely vigilant and extremely careful when it comes to nuclear. Nuclear changes the whole ballgame. Frankly, I would have said get out of Syria; get out – if we didn't have the power of weaponry today. The power is so massive that we can't just leave areas that 50 years ago or 75 years ago we wouldn't care. It was hand-to-hand combat."

Yes, in 1940 soldiers only fought in hand-to-hand combat. The boxing-related deaths of World War II were truly devastating.

Again, Trump is right, in a childlike way. We do have to be careful with nuclear; it does change the whole ballgame. But these are generalities borne out of ignorance. In 145 words Trump has yet to approach anything remotely like an answer to Hewitt's question. He hasn't said what his priority would be when it comes to maintaining or upgrading our nukes. He hasn't even said what his principles would be. But surely that's coming soon, right?

You know what? Let's just finish the exchange.

Trump: "The biggest problem this world has today is not President Obama with global warming, which is inconceivable, this is what he's saying. The biggest problem we have is nuclear – nuclear proliferation and having some maniac, having some madman go out and get a nuclear weapon. That's in my opinion, that is the single biggest problem that our country faces right now."

Hewitt: "Of the three legs of the triad, though, do you have a priority? I want to go to Sen. Rubio after that and ask him."

Trump: "I think – I think, for me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me."
    The devastation is very important to him...

I like trumps quote about if someone hurts you.....go after them viciously. I agree
    Last edited by puppetmaster; 04-29-2016 at 08:54 PM.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    I lime trumps quote about if someone hurts you.....go after them viciously. I agree
    I too lime them.

$#@! Trump and anyone who (mod edit)

SIMON: What about domestic issues?

KNIGHT: What the hell do I know anything about domestic issues? That's for somebody a lot smarter than I am. And you got to understand that I'm just talking about a guy that I think and all those things that need to be done, like domestic issues and whatever, here's my choice of the guy to do it. It's just that simple.

SIMON: Can he unify the United States?

KNIGHT: How the hell would I know that? Do you know that? Do you think you could? Do you think I could? I just think that here is my choice. I'm not going to talk and say he should do this, he should - that's not my responsibility. I'm not qualified
    The style sounds strangely familiar..

http://www.npr.org/2016/04/30/476272..._medium=social
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I too lime them.

$#@! Trump and anyone (mod edit).
    I take offense to that wording bro. I won't even ask how I can help you at this point. don't valet if you're a bitch. (mod edit)

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    So, you're saying RP is KKK because these guys wanted a picture with him? What does that have to do with Trump CALLING Knight for an endorsement?
    AZjoe neg repped me for standing up for RP- put it where the sun don't shine, buddy- I'm tired of the Trump supporters $#@!e.
    There is no spoon.

Indeed! This makes total sense!

When liberal entertainment/sports celebrities make statements we are opposed to we say "Who cares. They are just a celebrity." When an entertainment/sports celebrity endorses Trump somehow this is big news.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I already made the prediction on an earlier thread - Trump will win Indiana over basketball!!

I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's were the fun is.
    Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's were the fun is.
    Donald Trump
    "I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it.'" Bob Knight

Yes, lovely view on life this guy Bob Knight has, pity I never spent time wasting my life away watching college sports so I could know more about him. Then again, I'm not the typical American in that regard, so Knight's endorsement will probably go down pretty well, especially in the sports obsessed mid-west.

P.S. - I was going to say something complementary of the people on here slamming Knight and Trump, but then somebody decided to link to an article on Salon. Sorry, no can do. I'm not backing Trump because I don't do the whole lesser evils thing, but at the same time, I can't very well condone the endorsement of the whole greater evil thing with websites like Salon and what they represent.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    Yes, lovely view on life this guy Bob Knight has, pity I never spent time wasting my life away watching college sports so I could know more about him. Then again, I'm not the typical American in that regard, so Knight's endorsement will probably go down pretty well, especially in the sports obsessed mid-west.

P.S. - I was going to say something complementary of the people on here slamming Knight and Trump, but then somebody decided to link to an article on Salon. Sorry, no can do. I'm not backing Trump because I don't do the whole lesser evils thing, but at the same time, I can't very well condone the endorsement of the whole greater evil thing with websites like Salon and what they represent.
    Glenn Greenwald came from Salon- and he's pretty cool.
    There is no spoon.

well he is right. always see the bright side.

the intellectual cucks can't see behind the offensive words.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast