Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buchanan At last, America First!

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Why should I prefer you to a Mexican?
    How old are you??

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    How old are you??
    It was a reasonable question. Do you have a reasonable answer?

How old are you??
    You didn't answer the question.

....protectionist

....nativist

....chump.

Justify your existence on this continent.

Otherwise, perhaps you should be deported to the Congo.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You didn't answer the question.

....protectionist

....nativist

....chump.

Justify your existence on this continent.

Otherwise, perhaps you should be deported to the Congo.
    A nativist protectionist. Ohhh my goodness. Well the most libertarian President of the 20th century had no problem being a protectionist.

https://coolidgefoundation.org/blog/...l-dinner-pail/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5puwTrLRhmw#t=15

And he certainly didn't have any problems with strict immigration laws

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...mmigration-law
    Last edited by William R; 04-29-2016 at 08:45 PM.

A nativist protectionist. Ohhh my goodness. Well the most libertarians President of the 20th century had no problem being a protectionist.

https://coolidgefoundation.org/blog/...l-dinner-pail/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5puwTrLRhmw#t=15

And he certainly didn't have any problems with strict immigration laws

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...mmigration-law
    That doesn't change the fact that protectionism and strict immigration laws are bad things.

It's not like being the least terrible president makes someone a paragon of virtue, considering the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that protectionism and strict immigration laws are bad things.

It's not like being the least terrible president makes someone a paragon of virtue, considering the competition.
    You're flat our delusional. Immigration with a giant income transfer mechanism in place is a disaster. Phony free trade deals with floating fiat currencies are a disaster.

You're flat our delusional. Immigration with a giant income transfer mechanism in place is a disaster. Phony free trade deals with floating fiat currencies are a disaster.
    I never said anything supporting either of those. But the solution to the problems of big government isn't even more big government, which is what protectionism and immigration restrictions are.

Washington Republicans and political pundits keep depicting Paul as some kind of ideological mutation, the conservative equivalent of a black swan. They’re wrong. Ask any historically-minded conservative who the most conservative president of the 20th Century was, and they’ll likely say Calvin Coolidge. No president tried as hard to make the federal government irrelevant. It’s said that Coolidge was so terrified of actually doing something as president that he tried his best not even to speak. But in 1925, Silent Cal did open his mouth long enough to spell out his foreign policy vision, and what he said could be emblazoned on a Ron Paul for President poster: “The people have had all the war, all the taxation, and all the military service they want.”

Small government conservatism, the kind to which today’s Republicans swear fealty, was born in the 1920s not only in reaction to the progressive movement’s efforts to use government to regulate business, but in reaction to World War I, which conservatives rightly saw as a crucial element of the government expansion they feared. To be a small government conservative in the 1920s and 1930s was, for the most part, to vehemently oppose military spending while insisting that the US never, ever get mired in another European war.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...p-in-2012.html

A nativist protectionist. Ohhh my goodness. Well the most libertarian President of the 20th century had no problem being a protectionist.
    Which one would that be?

If it's Coolidge, you have most definitely not stayed cool with Coolidge.

Trump is the exact opposite of Calvin, FYI.

Thanks for saying that. Nice thing to save.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 04-29-2016 at 09:26 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I never said anything supporting either of those. But the solution to the problems of big government isn't even more big government, which is what protectionism and immigration restrictions are.
    Defending our borders is actually one of the things our government is supposed to be doing.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    That's not a answer.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Neither should the government be allowed to control a person's right to travel across unowned property and for human capital to travel where it will for its benefit. The government shouldn't be allowed to regulate the market in any way. Yet, you're still supportive of that.

Doing what is right isn't hard. Only when you get the government involved, only when you treat the "country" as a person - the ultimate in Corporate Personhood- is there an issue. What is good for the individual is what matters, not for some faceless monopolistic bureaucracy.
    They are trespassing on others' private property every single night in Texas. They have no right to trespass on private property, nor on America's public property, which is owned by AMERICANS.
    ================

No

He's representing libertarian views.

This is a libertarian forum.

Why are you here?
    Uh, no, it most certainly is not.
    ================

So it is a.......?
    "The Patriarch"

Ummmm..... YES- it IS.
    There is no spoon.

He may have been a liberty fighter at some point in the past. If he was, he obviously isn't one any more. All he does is come here and ridicule anyone who is a liberty fighter.
    Nope.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Ummmm..... YES- it IS.
    lol. Why don't you ask Bryan. It has never been a libertarian forum. It has been open to anyone and everyone who supported Ron Paul, when he was running. Now, it's about the guidelines. Oh, and by the way, Ender, RP would have never been elected, nor been able to stay in the House, had it not been for the gold bugs and the Birchers. They are his core; they are the remnant.
    ================

They are trespassing on others' private property every single night in Texas. They have no right to trespass on private property, nor on America's public property, which is owned by AMERICANS.
    How did America acquire Texas? Did we buy it and therefore own it outright through property rights? Is this your argument?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So you have no rational argument for why I should tolerate you, but not Mexicans.

Yo comprendo...

...but why aren't you inferior to Mexicans?

Uh, no, it most certainly is not [a libertarian forum].
    Yea...

...actually it is.

I can understand that leftists like yourself wouldn't be comfortable here.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    How did America acquire Texas? Did we buy it and therefore own it outright through property rights? Is this your argument?
    Go back and read Pierz' post. I'm not going to play ring around the rosy with you.
    ================

lol. Why don't you ask Bryan. It has never been a libertarian forum. It has been open to anyone and everyone who supported Ron Paul, when he was running. Now, it's about the guidelines. Oh, and by the way, Ender, RP would have never been elected, nor been able to stay in the House, had it not been for the gold bugs and the Birchers. They are his core; they are the remnant.
    Libertarians are about FREEDOM- an element that seems to be missing on the forum right now- and so is Ron Paul.

BTW, I have no problem with Birchers- have cousins that are and they are very cool.
    There is no spoon.

Go back and read Pierz' post. I'm not going to play ring around the rosy with you.
    Instead of "ring around the rosy" how about actually discussing what I posted and having a discussion about it?

Defending our borders is actually one of the things our government is supposed to be doing.
    But that has nothing to do with anything I said.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Did you forget about the Alamo? The U.S. didn't fight for Texas' independence. Texicans did. Later, Texas wanted to become a part of the U.S.
    ================

But that has nothing to do with anything I said.
    Yes, you did, and not just in the post I quoted. Stop it with the strawmen, erowe. It's gotten way past being old.

Originally Posted by erowe1
    ================

Yes, you did, and not just in the post I quoted. Stop it with the strawmen, erowe. It's gotten way past being old.
    What are you talking about? I replied to a post you made about defending our borders being something government is supposed to do.

What does that have to do with illegal immigration?

Also, you should look up "straw man" in a dictionary.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What are you talking about? I replied to a post you made about defending our borders being something government is supposed to do.

What does that have to do with illegal immigration?

Also, you should look up "straw man" in a dictionary.
    This is what you replied to: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6206701

And I quoted it in the post up above.

Stop playing games, erowe.
    ================

Did you forget about the Alamo? The U.S. didn't fight for Texas' independence. Texicans did. Later, Texas wanted to become a part of the U.S.
    Funny you should bring this up. Where did the "Texicans" come from? They were immigrants. Where from? America. Estimates are about 30k Anglos to 8k Mexicans. They had a revolution after Santa Anna dissolved the Mexican constitution. The "Texicans" also seceded from the Fed Union. Didn't work out for them.

Oh, the irony.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast