Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buchanan At last, America First!

Buchanan At last, America First!

Donald Trump’s triumphant march to the nomination in Cleveland, virtually assured by his five-state sweep Tuesday, confirms it, as does his foreign policy address of Wednesday.

Two minutes into his speech before the Center for the National Interest, Trump declared that the “major and overriding theme” of his administration will be – “America first.” Right down the smokestack!

Gutsy and brazen it was to use that phrase, considering the demonization of the great anti-war movement of 1940-41, which was backed by the young patriots John F. Kennedy and his brother Joe, Gerald Ford and Sargent Shriver, and President Hoover and Alice Roosevelt.

Whether the issue is trade, immigration or foreign policy, says Trump, “we are putting the American people

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/at-last-a...5zkjkfIugKk.99

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This was right before he said America saved the world by joining WWII
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    This was right before he said America saved the world by joining WWII

Japan brought into the war. Hitler declared war on the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by William R View Post
    Donald Trump’s triumphant march to the nomination in Cleveland, virtually assured by his five-state sweep Tuesday, confirms it, as does his foreign policy address of Wednesday.
    All delegate calculations assumed he would win the mid-Atlantic states by a huge margin (as leftist GOP candidates typically do).

He is by no means a lock for the nomination.

I say 25% chance he doesn't get a majority, which probably means he loses on a second or third ballot.

...since he's far too incompetent to properly manage his delegates (most of whom are actually Cruz/Kasich/other delegates).

Two minutes into his speech before the Center for the National Interest, Trump declared that the “major and overriding theme” of his administration will be – “America first.” Right down the smokestack!
    Translation: "I am an imbecile! I have no policies at all! What are polices again...?"

Gutsy and brazen it was to use that phrase, considering the demonization of the great anti-war movement of 1940-41, which was backed by the young patriots John F. Kennedy and his brother Joe, Gerald Ford and Sargent Shriver, and President Hoover and Alice Roosevelt.
    ...yea, I'm sure that was the allusion he was going for.

GTFO, $#@!ing bullshitting cockcucker....

Whether the issue is trade, immigration or foreign policy, says Trump, “we are putting the American people
    Whether the issue is socialized medicine, TARP, the Fed, the Iraq War, the Libya War, or torture, Trump takes the establishment position.

Read more at...
    No thanks, the novel writing machines don't do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    All delegate calculations assumed he would win the mid-Atlantic states by a huge margin (as leftist GOP candidates typically do).

I say 25% chance he doesn't get a majority, which probably means he loses on a second or third ballot.

...since he's far too incompetent to properly manage his delegates (most of whom are actually Cruz/Kasich/other delegates).

Translation: "I am an imbecile! I have no policies at all! What are polices again...?"

Whether the issue is socialized medicine, TARP, the Fed, the Iraq War, the Libya War, or torture, Trump takes the establishment position.

You're (mod edit) kid.

You're (mod edit) kid.
    Well, you almost convinced me with this airtight argument.

Now I just need to huff glue for 20 years and I might possibly consider voting for Trump.

You're (mod edit) kid.
    Ha ha ha ha. Is that all you have O Wise One?
    "The Patriarch"

You're flat out (mod edit) kid.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...ate-count-996/

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ah, yes, I'm sure that Trumpbart article will explain why Trump is the best candidate.

It will explain why:
    • Trump supported the bank bailouts (TARP)
    • Trump supported the Fed's easy money policies in 2008
    • Trump is in favor of socialized medicine
    • Trump opposes all cuts in welfare
    • Trump supported the Iraq War
    • Trump has no plan to cut spending
    • Trump supported the Libyan War
    • Trump supports amnesty
    • Trump is a Democrat working to get Hillary elected *cough*cough*

You're (mod edit) kid.

Don't worry I have new nick for these three, Team Trinity

Oh these boards are going to be fun in the coming months
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post

Don't worry I have new nick for these three, Team Trinity

Oh these boards are going to be fun in the coming months
    These three? Lol, not sure who you're referring to but I think you're a bit confused.
    "The Patriarch"

Ah, yes, I'm sure that Trumpbart article will explain why Trump is the best candidate.

It will explain why:
    • Trump supported the bank bailouts (TARP)
    • Trump supported the Fed's easy money policies in 2008
    • Trump is in favor of socialized medicine
    • Trump opposes all cuts in welfare
    • Trump supported the Iraq War
    • Trump has no plan to cut spending
    • Trump supported the Libyan War
    • Trump supports amnesty
    • Trump is a Democrat working to get Hillary elected *cough*cough*

Presidents have very little power on domestic issues. It starts with the House!!

Where the President does really have some juice is foreign affairs.

“His speech did not deviate from the themes he has already enunciated and it showed that he is willing to go very far indeed. Nothing like this has been heard from a Republican foreign policy candidate in decades. Trump doesn’t want to modify the party’s foreign policy stands. He’s out to destroy them.”

“This is why perhaps his most significant statement was: ‘I will also look for talented experts with new approaches, and practical ideas, rather than surrounding myself with those who have perfect résumés but very little to brag about except responsibility for a long history of failed policies and continued losses at war.’ What Trump is talking about is dispensing with an entire wing of the GOP that has controlled the commanding heights of foreign policy over recent decades.”

“Unfortunately, after the Cold War our foreign policy veered badly off course. We failed to develop a new vision for a new time. In fact, as time went on, our foreign policy began to make less and less sense. Logic was replaced with foolishness and arrogance, which led to one foreign policy disaster after another.

“They just kept coming and coming. We went from mistakes in Iraq to Egypt to Libya, to President Obama’s line in the sand in Syria. Each of these actions have helped to throw the region into chaos and gave ISIS the space it needs to grow and prosper. Very bad. It all began with a dangerous idea that we could make western democracies out of countries that had no experience or interests in becoming a western democracy.

“We tore up what institutions they had and then were surprised at what we unleashed. Civil war, religious fanaticism, thousands of Americans and just killed be lives, lives, lives wasted. Horribly wasted. Many trillions of dollars were lost as a result. The vacuum was created that ISIS would fill. Iran, too, would rush in and fill that void much to their really unjust enrichment.”

http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2...he-trump-test/

Outside Ron and Rand Paul Trump's foreign policy views are the closest we'll get to old School Republican.

Immigration and borders are another area the President has real power. Unless we get control of our borders and enforce the laws there won't much of a country left. Obama is deliberately flooding the country with very poor unskilled people to change the demographics. Fundamentally transform the country as he put it in 2008.

Presidents have very little power on domestic issues
    What? Really? Sou I guess you've never heard of the bully pulpit, the veto or control of federal agencies? I guess Obama had very little influence on domestic issues then according to you're logic.
    "The Patriarch"

Putting America first. About time.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

The phrase "America first," can be used to support whatever anyone wants. If that's all it takes to win over Buchanan's heart nowadays, then he's gone senile.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    The phrase "America first," can be used to support whatever anyone wants. If that's all it takes to win over Buchanan's heart nowadays, then he's gone senile.
    That's not all it takes, but it is a good start. Put stopping the illegal alien invasion of our country at the top of the list.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

LE do you really believe Trump would live up to his promises once in office? very naive I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    LE do you really believe Trump would live up to his promises once in office? very naive I have to say.
    Don't know, Warlord. But, I KNOW the other ones are traitors. So, like I have said many times before, to me, this is worth a shot. It's my hail mary.

One thing about Trump's infamous ego. I do think he cares about the country; I do. I also don't think he would like the hate that his millions and millions of supporters would have for him if he did a 180 on all of his campaign promises.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 04-29-2016 at 11:38 AM.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    That's not all it takes, but it is a good start. Put stopping the illegal alien invasion of our country at the top of the list.
    That's not what "America first" was about with the Old Right, when the slogan got it's meaning. Trump didn't talk about that in his foreign policy speech, when he kept repeating the phrase "America first." And Trump is for amnesty for illegal immigrants. Under Trump's immigration policies, people who want to immigrate are incentivized to do so illegally, thus getting themselves on the fast track to legal status via Trump's touch back amnesty (and even that they would only need to do if they got caught), rather than making any attempt to come legally. The market will respond to that incentive, and there will be more illegal immigration, not less.

That's not what "America first" was about with the Old Right, when the slogan got it's meaning. Trump didn't talk about that in his foreign policy speech, when he kept repeating the phrase "America first." And Trump is for amnesty for illegal immigrants. Under Trump's immigration policies, people who want to immigrate are incentivized to do so illegally, thus getting themselves on the fast track to legal status via Trump's touch back amnesty (and even that they would only need to do if they got caught), rather than making any attempt to come legally. The market will respond to that incentive, and there will be more illegal immigration, not less.
    Uh no. No on it all.

I have to wonder about those Americans who have a problem with putting their own country first. It's a rather curious phenomenon.
    ================

Uh no. No on it all.

I have to wonder about those Americans who have a problem with putting their own country first. It's a rather curious phenomenon.
    To what are you referring when you say, "not at all"?

You don't dispute that Trump is for amnesty, do you?

I don't see why putting America first has to be an issue. Why not just do what's right without regard for who wins or loses when you do?

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

To what are you referring when you say, "not at all"?
    Everything you posted.

You don't dispute that Trump is for amnesty, do you?
    See above.

I don't see why putting America first has to be an issue. Why not just do what's right without regard for who wins or loses when you do?
    Because we are Americans. At least I am. It would be stupid to engage in an activity that harms our country.
    ================

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    cartoon
    That cartoon bears no resemblance to what Trump actually said in his speech. But, people can listen to it and judge for themselves.

================

Everything you posted.

See above.
    That makes it sound like you do dispute that Trump supports amnesty. But it's indisputable. Are you just some kind of (mod edit)

Because we are Americans. At least I am. It would be stupid to engage in an activity that harms our country.
    I don't see what any of this has to do with anything I said.

Being Americans means that we shouldn't put what is right first to you?
    Last edited by erowe1; 04-29-2016 at 12:23 PM.

That cartoon bears no resemblance to what Trump actually said in his speech. But, people can listen to it and judge for themselves.
    Trump canceled the march debate that would of gave him the rare opportunity to speak directly to the American voters, to ~20 million live-Americans so he could give this speech. This is scripted/teleprompted not off the cuff speaking. Trump knows what he is saying.

"I speak to you today as a lifelong supporter and true friend of Israel.
    I am a newcomer to politics, but not to backing the Jewish state."

if I’m not elected president Iran
    will provide better weapons to Hezbollah and Lebanon -
    mosques
    foment a culture of hatred
    It is a horrible, horrible way to think.
    That
    culture will end and it’ll end soon
    I love the people in this room.
    I love Israel. I love Israel.
    I’ve been with Israel so long
    in terms of I’ve received some
    of my greatest honors from Israel
    my father before me, incredible.
    My daughter, Ivanka, is about to
    have a beautiful Jewish baby.

Uh no. No on it all.

Liberty proponents put what is RIGHT first- and try to help their country achieve that. You know, sorta like that Ron Paul guy.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This is scripted/teleprompted not off the cuff speaking. Trump knows what he is saying.
    It's precisely the scriptedness of the speech, and Trump's obvious lack of comfort in delivering it, that make me wonder if he really does know what he's saying in it.

It's precisely the scriptedness of the speech, and Trump's obvious lack of comfort in delivering it, that make me wonder if he really does know what he's saying in it.
    I think he believes every word of it. Because I have heard him say same on multiple occasions. But, of course, time will tell.
    ================

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast