Thread: Charles Krauthammer: Trump's Foreign Policy Speech Reminded Me Of Rand Paul

Charles Krauthammer: Trump's Foreign Policy Speech Reminded Me Of Rand Paul

oops.

i think we just uncovered all those posters with cognitive dissonance on this board or paid shills by the Establishment.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...rand_paul.html

so Trump is HELPING Rand Paul. Actually. But Rand Paul will never be president if doesn't learn to punch back like Trump.

Watch Trump win in November folks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sometimes you need to crack a few eggs by running in the opposite direction.

But unless you are making a lot of omelets, you shouldn't do it often.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    oops.

i think we just uncovered all those posters with cognitive dissonance on this board or paid shills by the Establishment.

so Trump is HELPING Rand Paul. Actually. But Rand Paul will never be president if doesn't learn to punch back like Trump.

I'm so happy to be proven wrong about Donald Trump.

Yeah well. I'll take back everything I've said about Trump if he turns out to be a non-interventionist. I still don't think that's likely.
    "I am a bird"

Rand has always been a non-interventionist. Trump is just now arguing for non-interventionism because he knows how popular that position is among the general public.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Rand has always been a non-interventionist. Trump is just now arguing for non-interventionism because he knows how popular that position is among the general public.
    If he doesn't carry it out, he won't be reelected. If he wants his legacy he won't become imperialist in his second term.

Post the video where Rand says he would use force to take another country's natural resources:

Show where Rand advocates nuclear proliferation:

Post the quote where Rand would kill innocent civilians:
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

oops.

Not one sentence of the OP makes a lick of sense. Go away.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    If he doesn't carry it out, he won't be reelected. If he wants his legacy he won't become imperialist in his second term.
    That couldn't be further from the truth.

Look at all the presidents with the greatest legacies among the general public and historians. Nothing cements a legacy like getting us into a major war. In fact, Trump is likely to pursue war actively specifically for the purpose of expanding his fame and significance. His extreme narcissism makes him the likeliest of all candidates to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Not one sentence of the OP makes a lick of sense. Go away.
    That may be, but I just listened to the video and Ted Cruz's response to Trump's speech was just completely retarded and made way less sense than anything in the OP.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Rand Paul as Secretary of State in the Trump administration???

Quote Originally Posted by blaster668 View Post
    No, it would be someone like Bob Corker.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Yeah well. I'll take back everything I've said about Trump if he turns out to be a non-interventionist. I still don't think that's likely.
    But even if he is, he openly supports a strong police state here at home. That's about 100 times worse, IMO.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    No, it would be someone like Bob Corker.
    Possibly. But I expect his cabinet to be mostly Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Trump's talking out of both sides of his mouth.

One minute he says no more war- the next minute:

Trump: First, we need a long-term plan to halt the spread and reach of radical Islam.
    Containing the spread of radical Islam must be a major foreign policy goal of the United States.
    There is no spoon.

That couldn't be further from the truth.

Look at all the presidents with the greatest legacies among the general public and historians. Nothing cements a legacy like getting us into a major war. In fact, Trump is likely to pursue war actively specifically for the purpose of expanding his fame and significance. His extreme narcissism makes him the likeliest of all candidates to do that.
    Making deals is a yuuuuge part of his ego.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    One minute he says no more war
    But does he?

I didn't listen to or read the whole speech. But I never noticed anything that explicit. He leaves himself tons of wiggle room with vague ideals. He wants to put America first. Great. But in what sense? If everything else he has said in the campaign is any indication, it's in the sense of America as a global bully.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Making deals is a yuuuuge part of his ego.
    That's true. He's a master liar.

That's a bad thing right?

Quote Originally Posted by blaster668 View Post
    Trump holds grudges and hates anyone that dares to go after him, so I think it would be much more likely for Trump to order a nuclear strike on Rand then ever offering him a position. I think the only way Trump offers Rand anything (not that I think Rand should take it), is if he starts praising Trump and talking highly of him, which Rand would look quite silly doing I think.

Not to change the subject, but I really hope Rand refrains from endorsing anyone. I know he said at the start that he would support the nominee, but still. Rand went after Trump to the point where he will look completely silly endorsing him imo. In the end it doesn't really mean much, but I would prefer he just stays quiet on the matter

But does he?

I didn't listen to or read the whole speech. But I never noticed anything that explicit. He leaves himself tons of wiggle room with vague ideals. He wants to put America first. Great. But in what sense? If everything else he has said in the campaign is any indication, it's in the sense of America as a global bully.
    Yes- I will change my wording to "alludes" to no war but definitely leaves wiggle room.

Trump: To all our friends and allies, I say America is going to be strong again. America is going to be a reliable friend and ally again.
    We’re going to finally have a coherent foreign policy based upon American interests, and the shared interests of our allies. We are getting out of the nation-building business, and instead focusing on creating stability in the world. Our moments of greatest strength came when politics ended at the water’s edge.
    We need a new, rational American foreign policy, informed by the best minds and supported by both parties, as well as by our close allies.
    This is how we won the Cold War, and it’s how we will win our new and future struggles
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Yes- I will change my wording to "alludes" to no war but definitely leaves wiggle room.
    Assuming this speech means anything at all, which is a big if, he liked the Cold War.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    oops.

While as a site we do not support Trump, we understand some of our members do and we are open to dialog on specific issues that focus on the issues.

Starting a thread that insults other members, degrading a supported candidate framed around support for a candidate we are not in favor of, from a news person that isn't seen to have strong credibility will only serve to annoy members and cause problems.

I hope it is understandable why this is being closed. Just be a little more careful in the future. We're not trying to kill discussion. Thanks.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic