Thread: US cops kill more people in a day than Norwegian cops have in a decade

Exclamation US cops kill more people in a day than Norwegian cops have in a decade

http://filmingcops.com/us-cops-kill-...ve-in-a-decade
    WASHINGTON DC — With Americans being killed by police every day, one begins to wonder what the country would be like if cops were trained differently and stopped resorting to lethal force so quickly.
    One country we can look to is Norway.
    In Norway, cops have shot only one person to death. That was nearly a decade ago.

Since then there have been no other fatal shootings by Norwegian police.
    Norwegian police are trained to actually de-escalate conflicts and engage with people respectfully, eye-to eye.
    Contrast that with the United States.
    In just the first eight months since January 1, 2015, over 600 Americans have been killed by police.
    100 of those Americans were killed in just the month of March alone.
    We can look even further back before January.
    Consider the fact that cops have killed well over 5,000 Americans since 9/11.
    Many of these killings have occurred during no-knock raids, which have risen by 4000% since the 1980s.

20 Facts About Melania Trump That Donald Has Kept S…LifeDaily.com

25 News Anchors That Are The Most Beautiful In The …My Daily Viral

The REAL Reason Why Most Restaurants FailCNBC

23 Unreal Photos Taken Before Most Tragic Moments In…HistoryThings.com

Nicholas Cage's Net Worth Will Surprise You AccessTheStars

by Taboola
    Sponsored Links

To put that in perspective, Iraqi insurgents have killed around 3,500 Americans in Iraq since 9/11 in Operation Iraqi “Freedom.” That’s to say, Americans killed by cops now outnumber Americans killed in the Iraq war.
    You are eight times more likely to be killed by a cop than by an actual “terrorist.”
    Domestic violence is two-four times more common among police families than American families in general.
    As of 2010 the compared data lifted from Cato’s NPMSRP shows that the reports of police committing sexual assault amounted to more than 2 times the reports in the entire general population.
    If officer-involved killings were prosecuted as murder, the murder rate for law enforcement officers would exceed the general population murder rate by at least 472%.
    And here is something crucial to keep in mind: these statistics account only for the reported incidents. The vast majority of police misconduct and abuse is unreported.

In Norway, it was all the back in 2006 when the last person was shot by police.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Cops in the US kill more people in one day than Norwegian cops kill in an entire decade.
    Something has got to change about the way cops in the US are behaving themselves.
    They constantly blame the “training” or the “fearing for their lives” — but the reality of the situation is that cops are individuals, and individuals are responsible for their actions.
    We can no longer accept such excuses.
    What we are dealing with here is a relatively tiny gang of individuals who have little to no accountability. The sooner we accept that reality, the sooner we can think of ways to take effective action — and the sooner we can correct the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    America #1, as usual
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Cops in Iceland have only killed one person in the history of the country...

It was an unprecedented headline in Iceland — a man shot to death by police.

"The nation was in shock. This does not happen in our country," said Thora Arnorsdottir, news editor at RUV, the Icelandic National Broadcasting Service.

She was referring to a 59-year old man who was shot by police in December 2013. The man, who started shooting at police when they entered his building, had a history of mental illness.

It's the first time someone has been killed by armed police in Iceland since it became an independent republic in 1944. Police don't even carry weapons, usually. Violent crime in Iceland is almost non-existent.
    http://www.pri.org/stories/2013-12-0...me-its-history

[edit]I must say I'm totally amazed at Norway, which is a much bigger country than Iceland.. I knew they didn't have a lot of violent crime but if you think about it, these numbers are LOW. Very low. Damn, that's a safe place to live.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 04-28-2016 at 03:49 AM.
    "I am a bird"

I SWAG, in Norway, "white lives matter"!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    America #1, as usual
    American Police officers are obviously much braver to take on criminals than those lazy scaredy-cats over in Europe.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    American Police officers are obviously much braver to take on criminals than those lazy scaredy-cats over in Europe.
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12