Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lindsey Graham compares Donald Trump's foreign policy to Rand Paul calling it isolationist

Trump is a one issue interventionist ISIS, that's it, if he can get in and beat them, he might even declare the Bush "War on Terror" over.
    Then he can change 16 years of bad foreign policy that 9/11 caused, that's what Ron wanted to do, that's what Rand wanted to do not to the extent of his dad but still a way better foreign policy than the neocons or Hillary.

It makes me wonder if Rand will endorse before Cleveland ?
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can understand Rand's butt kissing but not his lying on war and peace, spreading propaganda. He could have stood out, been tough, and told the truth instead of being a Ted Cruz gateway drug.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    Trump is a one issue interventionist ISIS, that's it, if he can get in and beat them, he might even declare the Bush "War on Terror" over.
    Then he can change 16 years of bad foreign policy that 9/11 caused, that's what Ron wanted to do, that's what Rand wanted to do not to the extent of his dad but still a way better foreign policy than the neocons or Hillary.

It makes me wonder if Rand will endorse before Cleveland ?
    Trump is a Netanyahu endorsing Israel-bot. He realizes Empire is broke and needs tribute to keep on running. He isn't going to leave the Middle East playground. Obama said the Iraq war is stupid but now more marines are heading to Iraq: http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattves...-iraq-n2137029

His views on the Middle East are incoherent just like everyone else except for Ron Paul. Trump has shown through his speeches that he at least supports the propaganda instead of challenging it. Iran bad, terrorist sponsors will fight their sponsored terrorist, we gotta take out a weak 4th generation army that is localized and is little threat to the United States.

"Scott Horton: Yeah well there’s the easy way and the hard way. It seems maybe we’ve already chosen the latter there. Well so let me ask you if you’d been the President, you’d been elected and you we’re the President, would you have any mission remaining in Afghanistan, Pakistan of course it kind of goes about saying that as long as Osama Bin Laden has not been brought to justice that the mission there is open ended, nation building aside or oil pipe lines aside."

"Ron Paul: No, I said many times in the campaign “Just come home we just marched into these countries we can just march out.” I’d come home from the whole Middle East, I’d come home from Europe, I’d come home from Korea, I’d come home from Japan, save a lot of money. But do you say, “Well, what about this target? What if the evidence is really there? Like they claim that Al Qaeda and Bin Laden are responsible, should we totally ignore it?” Although obviously our foreign policy was a precipitating factor, it’s pretty hard to say, “Well he just killed 3000 Americans. We don’t care about him to let him go.” But we should at least make an attempt to do it within the law, which means that if we knew he was in Pakistan, maybe we could ask the Pakistani government, “Can we go in?” But we don’t need to go in with these armed forces I’m sure. You recall my proposal back then was not to send the army in, but to revive the old idea of the Letter of Marque and Reprisal."

"Scott Horton: Right."

"Ron Paul: You know if we have an enemy of 25 people, do we declare war against the Muslim world, you know? It makes no sense. Why don’t we go after the ring leaders and target those individuals? And to me I think that’s why the founders were rather wise in giving us that option where you don’t have to declare war against an entire country if you’re dealing with a bunch of thugs."

"Scott Horton: And of course that didn’t get anywhere. Instead everyone opted for the authorization which, I guess as you said, the language you thought at the time was specific enough. That it was about the individuals not overthrowing Afghanistan’s pseudo government and replacing it with another pseudo government, but it was narrow enough to satisfy you then."

"Ron Paul: Right."
    http://www.ronpaul.com/2009-02-20/ro...antiwar-radio/

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic