Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch Live: Donald Trump's Teleprompted Foreign Policy Speech

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    This thread and the site policy that came from it says otherwise:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Trump-(POTUS)
    If that thread has concluded that Hillary's foreign policy is more "pro liberty" than Trump's, as Murray N Rothbard claims, then I am surrounded by idiots.
    Last edited by openfire; 04-27-2016 at 11:56 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This thread and the site policy that came from it says otherwise:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Trump-(POTUS)
    From that thread...

H/T Bryan:

Cons:

- No apparent respect for Constitutional limits on power.
    - No apparent respect for rule of law, domestic or international treaty.
    - Supports big brother security state.
    - Supports torture.
    - Supports targeting and killing innocent civilians.
    - Wants to execute whistle-blowers.
    - Would force Apple to do his bidding,
    - No apparent desire for smaller government or less spending.
    - Wants to cut deals with Democrats and avoid "gridlock".
    - Hanging out with Christie and Giuliani.
    And that's the short list.... but you all go ahead and support him. Don't choke on all that nationalist-tyrant brand koolaid.... and don't let the door hit you on the way out (of RPF).
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    From that thread...

H/T Bryan:

- No apparent respect for Constitutional limits on power.
    - Supports torture.
    - Would force Apple to do his bidding,
    - No apparent desire for smaller government or less spending.
    - Wants to cut deals with Democrats and avoid "gridlock".
    - Hanging out with Christie and Giuliani.

And that's the short list.... but you all go ahead and support him. Don't choke on all that nationalist-tyrant brand koolaid.... and don't let the door hit you on the way out (of RPF).
    This discussion is about foreign policy.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    If that thread has concluded that Hillary's foreign policy is more "pro liberty" than Trump's, as Murray N Rothbard claims, then I am surrounded by idiots.
    Murray never said that- he is saying that they are both neocon bee-aaat-ches and anyone with half a liberty brain would know that.
    There is no spoon.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

This discussion is about foreign policy.
    What part of this foreign policy do you not get?

No apparent respect for Constitutional limits on power.
    - Supports torture.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Murray never said that- he is saying that they are both neocon bee-aaat-ches and anyone with half a liberty brain would know that.
    I quote:

the foreign policy component of Trumps positions alone, when compared to the foreign policy positions of the likely Hillary Clinton Democrat platform (especially after Bernie Sanders has his influence on it) as stated today are still MUCH worse, in a "pro-liberty" Ron-Paulian sense.
    That's exactly what he said, verbatim.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    What the $#@! are you people talking about? He's talking nuclear expansion, alliances with defacto dictators, more aggressive intervention when intervention is done, and intervention purely on behalf of "American Interests"- whatever the hell those are...? Guess what was on behalf on "American Interests" in 2003? And since when is increasing the size of the military a good thing?

Wake up, you clowns. You've drank the Trump koolaid.
    There was no other cool-aid to drink, the tv told me not to drink any other ones.

I quote:

the foreign policy component of Trumps positions alone, when compared to the foreign policy positions of the likely Hillary Clinton Democrat platform (especially after Bernie Sanders has his influence on it) as stated today are still MUCH worse, in a "pro-liberty" Ron-Paulian sense.
    That's exactly what he said, verbatim.
    He did NOT say Hitlery was more "pro-liberty"- that's your interpretation
    There is no spoon.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    He did NOT say Hitlery was more "pro-liberty"- that's your interpretation
    I didn't claim he said that she is more pro-liberty (that's your interpretation), I cited the fact that he said that her foreign policy is more "pro-liberty". Which is laughable, considering she is a full blown interventionist.

Read again:

Last edited by openfire; 04-27-2016 at 12:16 PM.

I didn't claim he said that she is more pro-liberty (that's your interpretation), I cited the fact that he said that her foreign policy is more "pro-liberty". Which is laughable, considering she is a full blown interventionist.

Read again:
    I don't know I would vote for Clinton over Trump just over the fact that Trump advocates torture and killing people that are related to terrorists. I have some real $#@! head family members, i would hate to be responsible for their bull$#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I don't know I would vote for Clinton over Trump just over the fact that Trump advocates torture and killing people that are related to terrorists. I have some real $#@! head family members, i would hate to be responsible for their bull$#@!.
    What do you think they were doing while Hillary was Secretary of State?

Last edited by openfire; 04-27-2016 at 12:26 PM.

What do you think they were doing while Hillary was Secretary of State?
    I'm not going to vote for the guy who wants to use nukes and torture, I have enough innocent blood on my tax dollars. Ron Paul taught me blowback, and because of blowback my friends came back from the middle east different people. It's not the visability of their scars or their missing limbs, but their psychological scars. If one of my friends commits suicide I would be hard pressed to vote for someone who advocates more blowback.

I'm not going to vote for the guy who wants to use nukes and torture, I have enough innocent blood on my tax dollars. Ron Paul Taught me blowback, and because of blowback my friends came back from the middle east different people. It's not the visability of their scars or their missing limbs, but their psychology scars. If one of my friends commits suicide I would be hard pressed to vote for someone who advocates more blowback.
    I'm not telling you who to vote for, but I think you are insane if you think that Hillary's interventionist, warmongering, neocon foreign policy will produce less blowback.

This is complete and utter nonsense. You have it backwards.
    Here is a question...Who would have- in a liberty and limited government sense- a better foreign policy, Ron Paul or Barney Frank? Answer, neither, they're about the same-- on foreign policy alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zLK-NfuQz4

And so how would Barney Frank and Trump compare? Trump obviously the more interventionalist, for bigger government, bigger military, etc. It's like night and day. I am not saying we should EVER be supporting Democrats, but the foreign policy issue is still not even close to adequate under the usual GOP candidates, and that includes Trump. And regardless of the views on civil liberties or domestic spending, it renders them un-electable imo, from a libertarian perspective. Trump is just as bad as any Neocon there is.

Here is a question...Who would have- in a liberty and limited government sense- a better foreign policy, Ron Paul or Barney Frank? Answer, neither, they're about the same-- on foreign policy alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zLK-NfuQz4

And so how would Barney Frank and Trump compare? Trump obviously the more interventionalist, for bigger government, bigger military, etc. It's like night and day. I am not saying we should EVER be supporting Democrats, but the foreign policy issue is still not even close to adequate under the usual GOP candidates, and that includes Trump. And regardless of the views on civil liberties or domestic spending, it renders them un-electable imo, from a libertarian perspective. Trump is just as bad as any Neocon there is.
    I understand your point, however...

Hillary Clinton is no Barney Frank when it comes to foreign policy. She's more of a George W Bush. That's the part I think you don't understand...

I'm not telling you who to vote for, but I think you are insane if you think that Hillary's interventionist, warmongering, neocon foreign policy will produce less blowback.
    What part of using nukes and torture against innocent human lives is morally reprehensible do you not understand? For example: We should apologize to the innocent people of Japan, and not the government of Japan that caused those innocents to die. Any other nation for that matter, too. This is why citizens in other nations come to hate us, because we do $#@! like that and then we say oops, we don't point the finger at their governments that uses their people like marionettes.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    True, but I'd rather have a president who can speak well unscripted than one who can read a script well.
    I'd rather have a president who speaks truthful $#@! they believe in that doesn't contradict statements made days or hours beforehand.

I'd rather have a president who speaks truthful $#@! they believe in that doesn't contradict statements made days or hours beforehand.
    That's the magical marketing of Trump though, makes you want to buy a product that you absolutely hate. No matter who you end up voting for, Trump is your motivation.

This is something that Obama said was a mistake, it was blamed on false intelligence. Basically they bombed them off their metadata, and their data was being spoofed by real targets. I'm with Ron on this though, my first preference is not to be there at all. My second preference would be to leave their innocent civilians alone because its not their fault. One could argue that wasn't a mistake, but I think one could also argue that without the meta data and intelligence either argument is unsubstantial. I tend to argue on the side of error, then intent.

People knock Trump for saying that, but it was actually a surprisingly astute comment. Tribal cultures such as those that exist in the Middle East require deterrent measures tailored to a collective society, not an individualist one. Russia and Israel have both found collective punishment to be a highly effective tactic in dealing with Muslim Terror.

As for the speech today, wow. I'm supporting Trump for President primarily because of his foreign policy but even I was blown away by what was said today. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he'd go that far in terms of challenging the neocon establishment. And this was a scripted speech too, not just Trump shooting from the hip. The Republican Party is once again the party of Robert Taft. Lindsay Graham is losing his shyt.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    People knock Trump for saying that, but it was actually a surprisingly astute comment. Tribal cultures such as those that exist in the Middle East require deterrent measures tailored to a collective society, not an individualist one. Russia and Israel have both found collective punishment to be a highly effective tactic in dealing with Muslim Terror.

As for the speech today, wow. I'm supporting Trump for President primarily because of his foreign policy but even I was blown away by what was said today. Never in my wildest dreams did I think he'd go that far in terms of challenging the neocon establishment. And this was a scripted speech too, not just Trump shooting from the hip. The Republican Party is once again the party of Robert Taft. Lindsay Graham is losing his shyt.
    Well Trump is designed to punch the RNC-establishment platform to help Hillary, but I guess people have too much of a hard on to watch someone punch the RNC establishment to notice that he is not on our side but I guess that leads to a good 2020 for Rand Paul..

Well Trump is designed to punch the RNC-establishment platform to help Hillary, but I guess people have too much of a hard on to watch someone punch the RNC establishment to notice that he is not on our side but I guess that leads to a good 2020 for Rand Paul..
    How does absolutely eviscerating Hillary's foreign policy and putting the GOP back on the side of opposing idiotic wars and nation building "help" Hillary Clinton?

Well, if Ann Coulter said it, I'm on board.

Wouldn't we all.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, if Ann Coulter said it, I'm on board.
    A bit of hyperbole. Robert Taft gave some pretty great foreign policy speeches too. And Ron gave great ones from a purely substantive standpoint.

Uh, no... That's exactly the point. He's saying no more wars in the M.E. for Israel. Read between the lines.
    How about we don't read between the lines when it comes to a politician? Hilarious the response in here.

"Obama turned his back on a friendly leader in Egypt". Dictator. 30 years. Tortured his own citizens to protect Israel's southern border.

"Iran can not have nuclear weapons". How is that not the NeoCon policy?

Ron Paul Forums. RON PAUL FORUMS. RON PAUL.
    Last edited by Chieppa1; 04-27-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    The Voluntary Exchange Podcast

Twitter

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain"

"I want to be President, not because I want to run your lives. I don't want to run the economy, and I don't want to run the world. I want to be President to restore liberty."

"The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft"

"My name is George. I'm unemployed and live with my parents."

What the $#@! are you people talking about? He's talking nuclear expansion, alliances with defacto dictators, more aggressive intervention when intervention is done, and intervention purely on behalf of "American Interests"- whatever the hell those are...? Guess what was on behalf on "American Interests" in 2003? And since when is increasing the size of the military a good thing?

Wake up, you clowns. You've drank the Trump koolaid.

But I'm sure you think when Rand says those things he doesn't really mean it.

Neo-Con Prince Bill Kristol is fuming on Twitter over Trump's latest victories.
    "If Ron Paul had raised 22 million, he'd have 21.8 million on hand. That's about how he does not like to spend". -Pat Buchanan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic