Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch Live: Donald Trump's Teleprompted Foreign Policy Speech

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    I would like to talk today about how to develop a new foreign policy direction for our country – one that replaces randomness with purpose
    We must as, a nation, be more unpredictable.
    I Tried to google it, this is what I was able to find out-

how do you replace randomness and be less predictable

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q...ss+predictable

Search Results
    Predictable Evolution Trumps Randomness of Mutations

Stumpf of Imperial College London. Although biologists have observed traits appearing in a particular order, until now no one had documented the genetic basis for those changes.
    "It's of interest to know how often the genes that change are the same or different," says biologist Jerry Coyne of the University of Chicago, Illinois. "That tells us how much constraint there is on evolution."

This was an amazing speech.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There were more Ron Paul type ideologies in that that in McCain's or Romney's foreign policy.
    I want to see the Neo-cons banished, their foreign policy has been bad for America.
    They have basically been in control since the fight was won in the 2000 election, under Obama it was just the lite version.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Just read the transcript and I have to say that that was one of the worst speeches I have ever seen.

I am totally flabbergasted that anyone on the RPF would support such a complete lack of knowledge in history, military, and economics- and then have the nerve to blame Iran for everything.

Why in the world would anyone support this man? I'm speechless.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    ^ Propaganda

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    ^ Genius

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    ^ (mod edit)
    If you can't have decent dialog proving your POV, it is YOU who are the (mod edit).

Here's RP's speech and he what he is promoting is 1000% the opposite of Trump.

Channel: C-SPAN
    Date: 02/13/2009

Transcript:

Ron Paul: “Madam Speaker, I have a few questions for my colleagues.

What if our foreign policy of the past century is deeply flawed and has not served our national security interest?

What if we wake up one day and realize that the terrorist threat is the predictable consequence of our meddling in the affairs of others, and has nothing to do with us being free and prosperous?

What if propping up repressive regimes in the Middle East endangers both the United States and Israel?

What if occupying countries like Iraq and Afghanistan and bombing Pakistan is directly related to the hatred directed toward us?

What if someday it dawns on us that losing over 5,000 American military personnel in the Middle East since 9/11 is not a fair tradeoff with the loss of nearly 3,000 American citizens no matter how many Iraqi, Pakistanian, Afghan people are killed or displaced?

What if we finally decide that torture, even if called “enhanced interrogation technique”, is self-destructive and produces no useful information and that contracting it out to a third world nation is just as evil?

What if it is finally realized that war and military spending is always destructive to the economy?

What if all war-time spending is paid for through the deceitful and evil process of inflating and borrowing?

What if we finally see that war-time conditions always undermine personal liberty?

What if Conservatives who preach small government wake up and realize that our interventionist foreign policy provides the greatest incentive to expand the government?

What if Conservatives understood once again that their only logical position is to reject military intervention and managing an empire throughout the world?

What if the American people woke up and understood that the official reasons for going to war are almost always based on lies and promoted by war propaganda in order to serve special interests?

What if we as a nation came to realize that the quest for empire eventually destroys all great nations?

What if Obama has no intention of leaving Iraq?

What if a military draft is being planned for for the wars that would spread if our foreign policy is not changed?

What if the American people learned the truth, that our foreign policy has nothing to do with national security, that it never changes from one administration to the next?

What if war in preparation for war is a racket serving the special interests?

What if President Obama is completely wrong about Afghanistan and it turns out worse than Iraq and Vietnam put together?

What if Christianity actually teaches peace and not preventive wars of aggression?

What if diplomacy is found to be superior to bombs and bribes in protecting America?

What happens if my concerns are completely unfounded?

Nothing.

But what happens if my concerns are justified and ignored?

Nothing good.

And I yield back the balance of my time.”
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    If you can't have decent dialog proving your POV, it is YOU who are the (mod edit).

Here's RP's speech and he what he is promoting is 1000% the opposite of Trump.
    Yes, I know that speech inside out. I've shared it many times over the years.

You fail to recognize what Trump's speech represents and how it advances the most of the ideals and goals in Ron's speech. Hence, my comment.

"1000% opposite"?

Point by point, I can find only one "opposite of Trump":

What if our foreign policy of the past century is deeply flawed and has not served our national security interest?

What if we wake up one day and realize that the terrorist threat is the predictable consequence of our meddling in the affairs of others, and has nothing to do with us being free and prosperous?

What if propping up repressive regimes in the Middle East endangers both the United States and Israel?

What if occupying countries like Iraq and Afghanistan and bombing Pakistan is directly related to the hatred directed toward us?

What if someday it dawns on us that losing over 5,000 American military personnel in the Middle East since 9/11 is not a fair tradeoff with the loss of nearly 3,000 American citizens no matter how many Iraqi, Pakistanian, Afghan people are killed or displaced?

What if we finally decide that torture, even if called “enhanced interrogation technique”, is self-destructive and produces no useful information and that contracting it out to a third world nation is just as evil?

What if it is finally realized that war and military spending is always destructive to the economy?

What if all war-time spending is paid for through the deceitful and evil process of inflating and borrowing?

What if we finally see that war-time conditions always undermine personal liberty?

What if Conservatives who preach small government wake up and realize that our interventionist foreign policy provides the greatest incentive to expand the government?

What if Conservatives understood once again that their only logical position is to reject military intervention and managing an empire throughout the world?

What if the American people woke up and understood that the official reasons for going to war are almost always based on lies and promoted by war propaganda in order to serve special interests?

What if we as a nation came to realize that the quest for empire eventually destroys all great nations?

What if a military draft is being planned for for the wars that would spread if our foreign policy is not changed?

What if the American people learned the truth, that our foreign policy has nothing to do with national security, that it never changes from one administration to the next?

What if President Obama is completely wrong about Afghanistan and it turns out worse than Iraq and Vietnam put together?

What if Christianity actually teaches peace and not preventive wars of aggression?

What if diplomacy is found to be superior to bombs and bribes in protecting America?
    Last edited by openfire; 04-28-2016 at 02:45 AM.

You fail to recognize what Trump's speech represents and how it advances the ideals and goals in Ron's speech. Hence, my comment.
    I missed the part of Trump advancing Ron's goals and ideas by telling the media in an interview in 2011 that Ron doesn't have an Isreal centric foreign policy and that he would run 3rd party if Ron was the nominee.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by openfire; 04-28-2016 at 02:45 AM.

I have a feeling that Trump supporters are extremely lonely or have a really bad situation going on in their real life, so they escape into this fantasy candidate that is an infomercial that sells poison.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    I have a feeling that Trump supporters are extremely lonely or have a really bad situation going on in their real life, so they escape into this fantasy candidate that is an infomercial that sells poison.

That would be libertarians.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    What the $#@! are you people talking about? He's talking nuclear expansion, alliances with defacto dictators, more aggressive intervention when intervention is done, and intervention purely on behalf of "American Interests"- whatever the hell those are...?
    Wait, I'm confused. I don't see any of the above in openfire's bullet point summary...

a few summary points, just typing as I hear them:

• getting out of the business of nation building
    • need for a coherent foreign policy based on American interests
    • be prepared to let countries defend themselves if they don't pay their share
    • stop wars to "spread western democracy" in countries not interested in democracy (Iraq, Libya, etc)
    • take care of veterans
    • focus on stability in the M.E., not radical change
    • desire to live peacefully with Russia and China
    • easing of tensions with Russia, end hostilities
    • fix relations with China for peace and prosperity
    • NATO outdated - redefine mission to deal with migration (i think he just said)
    • will never send troops unless absolutely necessary
    • goal is peace and prosperity, not war and destruction
    • caution and restraint
    • surrounding himself with people with practical ideas, not warmongers (neocons)
    • use ideas to inspire positive reforms, not military intervention
    • too much destruction
    • American politicians too interested in defending foreign borders than their own
    • first priority is taking care of Americans
    • not bowing to globalism
    • no agreements giving foreign powers authority over American affairs
    • no American should feel that their needs come second to the needs of citizens of foreign countries
    What gives?

Yes, you are correct:

Why Donald Trump Supporters Are Voting Alone
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Well Trump is designed to punch the RNC-establishment platform to help Hillary...
    Looks like it's working on lots of you Never Trump guys...

I don't know I would vote for Clinton over Trump just over the fact that […fill in the blank with any random baloney…]
    Honestly, saying something as absurd as "I would vote for Hillary before I vote for Trump because…." is all you have to say and then please stop talking… we get it… you're certifiably insane.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post

So, where's the FBI profile of a Never Trump supporter? Just follow the slime trail?

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You fail to recognize what Trump's speech represents and how it advances the most of the ideals and goals in Ron's speech. Hence, my comment.

"1000% opposite"?

Point by point, I can find only one "opposite of Trump":

No.

This is Ron's speech and Trump's solutions:

RP Speech

Trump’s Solution:
    First, we need a long-term plan to halt the spread and reach of radical Islam.
    Containing the spread of radical Islam must be a major foreign policy goal of the United States.
    Events may require the use of military force. But it’s also a philosophical struggle, like our long struggle in the Cold War.
    In this we’re going to be working very closely with our allies in the Muslim world, all of which are at risk from radical Islamic violence.
    We should work together with any nation in the region that is threatened by the rise of radical Islam. But this has to be a two-way street – they must also be good to us and remember us and all we are doing for them.
    The struggle against radical Islam also takes place in our homeland. There are scores of recent migrants inside our borders charged with terrorism. For every case known to the public, there are dozens more.
    We must stop importing extremism through senseless immigration policies.
    A pause for reassessment will help us to prevent the next San Bernardino or worse -- all you have to do is look at the World Trade Center and September 11th.
    And then there’s ISIS. I have a simple message for them. Their days are numbered. I won’t tell them where and I won’t tell them how. We must as, a nation, be more unpredictable. But they’re going to be gone. And soon.

Trump’s Solution:
    Secondly, we have to rebuild our military and our economy.
    The Russians and Chinese have rapidly expanded their military capability, but look what’s happened to us!
    Our nuclear weapons arsenal – our ultimate deterrent – has been allowed to atrophy and is desperately in need of modernization and renewal.
    Our active duty armed forces have shrunk from 2 million in 1991 to about 1.3 million today.
    The Navy has shrunk from over 500 ships to 272 ships during that time.
    The Air Force is about 1/3 smaller than 1991. Pilots are flying B-52s in combat missions today which are older than most people in this room.
    And what are we doing about this? President Obama has proposed a 2017 defense budget that, in real dollars, cuts nearly 25% from what we were spending in 2011.
    Our military is depleted, and we’re asking our generals and military leaders to worry about global warming.
    We will spend what we need to rebuild our military. It is the cheapest investment we can make. We will develop, build and purchase the best equipment known to mankind. Our military dominance must be unquestioned.
    But we will look for savings and spend our money wisely. In this time of mounting debt, not one dollar can be wasted.

Trump’s Solution:
    Our foreign policy goals must be based on America’s core national security interests, and the following will be my priorities.
    In the Middle East, our goals must be to defeat terrorists and promote regional stability, not radical change. We need to be clear-sighted about the groups that will never be anything other than enemies.

Trump:
    Although not in government service, I was totally against the War in Iraq, saying for many years that it would destabilize the Middle East. Sadly, I was correct, and the biggest beneficiary was Iran, who is systematically taking over Iraq and gaining access to their rich oil reserves – something it has wanted to do for decades. And now, to top it all off, we have ISIS.

Trump's foreign policy is to build a much bigger military and to fight terrorists.

In other words, more of the same, only bigger.
    There is no spoon.

No.

This is Ron's speech and Trump's solutions:

Trump's foreign policy is to build a much bigger military and to fight terrorists.

In other words, more of the same, only bigger.
    Actually, Rand also wanted to rebuild our military.

During Trump's speech, if you actually listened to it, you would have noticed that he strongly denounced the neocon foreign policy. Instead opting for peace and prosperity and being friendly towards other nations.

But, what may upset some is that he is not a pacifist, who would just sit on his ass if our country was attacked or there was an imminent threat of same.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

During Trump's speech, if you actually listened to it, you would have noticed that he strongly denounced the neocon foreign policy. Instead opting for peace and prosperity and being friendly towards other nations.

But, what may upset some is that he is not a pacifist, who would just sit on his ass if our country was attacked or there was an imminent threat of same.
    No, it's just that some know the difference between interventionism and non-interventionism and it has nothing to do with being a pacifist.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

He doesn't talk about "attacked" in his speech- he says:

First, we need a long-term plan to halt the spread and reach of radical Islam.
    Containing the spread of radical Islam must be a major foreign policy goal of the United States.
    This means continual war.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    No, it's just that some know the difference between interventionism and non-interventionism and it has nothing to do with being a pacifist.
    I'd +rep you if I could.
    There is no spoon.

I'm sure bombing the $#@! out of women and children, torturing POWs, taking their natural resources will do wonders fro creating peace and stability for the region.

This means continual war.
    We are already at war with ISIS. it will only stop when we defeat them.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    But what about the group(s) that emerge once ISIS is defeated?

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    How convenient.

We create an "enemy" and then become involved in continual unconstitutional wars. 2nd verse same as the 1st.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    But what about the group(s) that emerge once ISIS is defeated?
    The PR department is working on the new names already.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic