Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch Live: Donald Trump's Teleprompted Foreign Policy Speech

Watch Live: Donald Trump's Teleprompted Foreign Policy Speech

Starting momentarily...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does trump have a cold?

*sniffff*
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

a few summary points, just typing as I hear them:

• getting out of the business of nation building
    • need for a coherent foreign policy based on American interests
    • be prepared to let countries defend themselves if they don't pay their share
    • stop wars to "spread western democracy" in countries not interested in democracy (Iraq, Libya, etc)
    • take care of veterans
    • focus on stability in the M.E., not radical change
    • desire to live peacefully with Russia and China
    • easing of tensions with Russia, end hostilities
    • fix relations with China for peace and prosperity
    • NATO outdated - redefine mission to deal with migration (i think he just said)
    • will never send troops unless absolutely necessary
    • goal is peace and prosperity, not war and destruction
    • caution and restraint
    • surrounding himself with people with practical ideas, not warmongers (neocons)
    • use ideas to inspire positive reforms, not military intervention
    • too much destruction
    • American politicians too interested in defending foreign borders than their own
    • first priority is taking care of Americans
    • not bowing to globalism
    • no agreements giving foreign powers authority over American affairs
    • no American should feel that their needs come second to the needs of citizens of foreign countries
    Last edited by openfire; 04-27-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Well I have to admit, the Trump people on here will be going bananas over this.

I have it on mute and the hand motioning is making me dizzy. Apparently this is his compensation for the teleprompter. It looks like he's having a partial seizure.

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    Well I have to admit, the Trump people on here will be going bananas over this.
    did he say anything you would disagree with?

Wow, great job Mr. president!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I took notes too since Trump is distracting. It's similar openfire's

Foreign policy goals:

1) Middle East goals must be to defeat terroists and maintain stability
    2) Certain Groups will always be the enemy
    3) Only generous to our friends
    4) Work with Russia & China for common interests
    5) Summit with NATO and Asian allies
    - rebalance financial committments, establish new strategies for shared challenges
    6) Fight to win
    7) Will only send forces with a plan for victory
    8) Goal is peace and prosperiety not war and destruction.
    9) Prepared to deploy financial leverage
    10) War and aggression will not be my first instinct unlike other candidates
    11) Work with allies to help promote western values
    12) View through the lens of America's interest
    13) World is most peaceful and prosperous when America is the strongest
    14) Most peaceful and prosperous century

Most of that sounds great but I don't trust him. We'll see in 4 years.

Good speech. Basically, the neocon M.E. agenda would be DOA under Trump.

My god, he's a terrible speaker... I mean truly horrible. It's like a child reading a book report.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Much much better than I expected!

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    My god, he's a terrible speaker... I mean truly horrible. It's like a child reading a book report.
    He's not used to using a teleprompter.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    He's not used to using a teleprompter.
    Sounds like the crowd is about 12 people based on applause.... lol
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

True, but I'd rather have a president who can speak well unscripted than one who can read a script well.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    did he say anything you would disagree with?
    Mostly no, although he did the obligatory gushing over the Israel government. I just have no reason to believe he'll do it. But even if he will, I have every reason to believe he would grow the police state here, so it doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    True, but I'd rather have a president who can speak well unscripted than one who can read a script well.
    You misunderstand.... He is terrible reading a teleprompter, but at least it's coherent and on message... He is absolutely, mercilessly, horribly incompetent when speaking off the cuff, imo. His normal speeches (sans teleprompter) are so disjointed and random that he makes a 10 year old with ADHD look like Gary Kasparov playing Deep Blue.... not that George W was much better... but it's sad that being a profound orator is sadly no longer valued among boobus sheep. They only care about "Build the wall!" and "The Establishment!"... sad times.

- Diogenes of Sinope

This is good news. I had concerns whether he could be trusted on FP but instead he put a knife right in the heart of the Neoconservative interventionists. No reason to do that and lose their support if he does not believe what he says.

No doubt if I tune-in to the Neocon clowns like Levin, Beck and some pundits on FNC they will play the isolationist, naive, crazy or dangerous card like they used against Ron. It is not going to work, their days are coming to an end and it will be fun to watch them just watch them flail about in desperation.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    This is good news. I had concerns whether he could be trusted on FP but instead he put a knife right in the heart of the Neoconservative interventionists. No reason to do that and lose their support if he does not believe what he says.

No doubt if I tune-in to the Neocon clowns like Levin, Beck and some pundits on FNC they will play the isolationist, naive, crazy or dangerous card like they used against Ron. It is not going to work, their days are coming to an end and it will be fun to watch them just watch them flail about in desperation.

What in his speech made you think he would not be neocon on FP? All I heard was chest bumping, pro-military, sabre rattling.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Well we shall see.
    Last edited by AngryCanadian; 04-27-2016 at 11:52 AM.

We shouldn't send our troops to intervene in needless wars overseas?

This guy's a genius! Why has noone thought of this before??!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

You misunderstand.... He is terrible reading a teleprompter, but at least it's coherent and on message... He is absolutely, mercilessly, horribly incompetent when speaking off the cuff, imo. His normal speeches (sans teleprompter) are so disjointed and random that he makes a 10 year old with ADHD look like Gary Kasparov playing Deep Blue.... not that George W was much better... but it's sad that being a profound orator is sadly no longer valued among boobus sheep. They only care about "Build the wall!" and "The Establishment!"... sad times.
    I'm not saying he's a great off the cuff, but at least he can do it - Obama can't.

What the $#@! are you people talking about? He's talking nuclear expansion, alliances with defacto dictators, more aggressive intervention when intervention is done, and intervention purely on behalf of "American Interests"- whatever the hell those are...? Guess what was on behalf on "American Interests" in 2003? And since when is increasing the size of the military a good thing?

Wake up, you clowns. You've drank the Trump koolaid.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray N Rothbard View Post
    What the $#@! are you people talking about? He's talking nuclear expansion, alliances with defacto dictators, more aggressive intervention when intervention is done, and intervention purely on behalf of "American Interests"- whatever the hell those are...? Guess what was on behalf on "American Interests" in 2003? And since when is increasing the size of the military a good thing?

Wake up, you clowns. You've drank the Trump koolaid.
    Thank you. THis is all I heard in his speech. People are all "well I agree with that... sounded great! GO TRUMP!" WTF??? They didn't drink the koolaid... they've already died and are headed to the mothership.

- Diogenes of Sinope

Look at it this way--- the foreign policy component of Trumps positions alone, when compared to the foreign policy positions of the likely Hillary Clinton Democrat platform (especially after Bernie Sanders has his influence on it) as stated today are still MUCH worse, in a "pro-liberty" Ron-Paulian sense. Again I am talking foreign policy only. He is just another big military industrial complex buffoon controlled by advisers, idiotic populace via focus groups and poll numbers.

Can I please remind people what forum this is?

Last edited by Murray N Rothbard; 04-27-2016 at 11:47 AM.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Guess what was on behalf on "American Interests" in 2003?
    Uh, no... That's exactly the point. He's saying no more wars in the M.E. for Israel. Read between the lines.

Look at it this way--- the foreign policy component of Trumps positions alone, when compared to the foreign policy positions of the likely Hillary Clinton Democrat platform (especially after Bernie Sanders has his influence on it) as stated today are still MUCH worse, in a "pro-liberty" Ron-Paulian sense. Again I am talking foreign policy only. He is just another big military industrial complex buffoon controlled by advisers, idiotic populace via focus groups and poll numbers.
    This is complete and utter nonsense. You have it backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    This is complete and utter nonsense. You have it backwards.
    This thread and the site policy that came from it says otherwise:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Trump-(POTUS)
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic