Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul and endorsement of presumptive nominee

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    He will endorse whoever the likely nominee is, just like he endorsed Mitt in 2012.
    Yep , no need not to wait .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    If Trump becomes President, Rand's most important job will be fighting to make sure none of the laws he wants get passed.

So when Trump sees him doing that, it will undo whatever good will Rand could get by endorsing him a few months earlier than necessary.
    WRONG! Rand will be working hand in hand with Trump in ramping down our overseas bases, fighting passage of the TPP (which will be a HUGE fight), scaling back foreign aid, and passing immigration reform.

There are other issues Rand will be fighting Trump, but there is an even bigger category of issues that Trump really has no opinion or cares very little about. That is where an early endorsement would be helpful. If Rand endorses Trump, Trump will offer support for some of Rand's pet issues that Trump himself has no strong opinions about. It is really a no brainer for Rand. He's going to endorse Trump anyway. Might as well do it now when it will actually Rand something rather than do it later when Rand gets nothing whatsoever out of it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    WRONG! Rand will be working hand in hand with Trump in ramping down our overseas bases, fighting passage of the TPP (which will be a HUGE fight), scaling back foreign aid, and passing immigration reform.
    There won't be a President Trump without some extraordinary outside circumstance.

Trump won't be scaling back the military. He won't be closing bases.

Rand is probably 50/50 to support the TPP. If Rand votes against the TPP, I doubt he will be loudly opposed unless there is something extremely terrible in it. Rand has voted for every free trade agreement up to this point.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

...and so he won't forget, endorse before midnight tomorrow.

I’m thinking,

how did we get the race for the most important office in the free world to sink to such depths, and how could anyone in my party think that this clown is fit to be president?
    []
    I think a lot of people are still undecided and they know they’re not really getting any serious content from Trump. They’re just getting insults.
    []
    There’s a whole host of real issues we can debate. And thank goodness Donald Trump and his super-huge ego and he’s taken his ball and he’s going home. That’s all the better for the country, really, as far as I’m concerned.
    []
    He thinks he’s already elected himself king. So I’d say good riddance.
    []
    And there is a danger that if we continue to laud so much attention on basically someone whose level of discourse is that of junior high, I think there’s a problem, there’s a great risk for the country.
    []
    there was such a silliness and a lack of seriousness on his part that really, I think, America is going to be done with him.
    []
    Nobody in America thinks you want some sort of buffoon who insults women and calls them ugly — nobody wants that, and I think the first time people hear that, some people will laugh at sophomoric jokes, and I think they have for a few months now.
    []
    I think his response, his visceral response to attack people on their appearance — short, tall, fat, ugly — my goodness, that happened in junior high. Are we not way above that? Would we not all be worried to have someone like that in charge of the nuclear arsenal?
    []
    I’m no big fan of Donald Trump.

[]
    Really we have nobody to blame but ourselves if this ends up happening, that he is the nominee.

...therefore I endorse Donald Trump for POTUS

- Rand Paul

seems legit
    Last edited by presence; 04-26-2016 at 07:24 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Not only no, but hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    ...and so he won't forget, endorse before midnight tomorrow.
    The one negative is that Trump's big rally with Bob Knight might suck up all the media attention. The Establishment is so rabidly anti-Trump that Rand might be able to get away with waiting until Trump wins Indiana and he'll still be among the first to endorse him. So that is an alternative option. Day before the Indiana primary might be best of all, now that I think of it some more.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Even if we completely put politics aside....

Would Trump apologize to Rand first for his inappropriate behavior towards Rand, such as attacking his appearance on national TV? Would Trump change his ways of not demeaning people who stand in his way?

Who takes a beating from someone, then takes the high road and not retaliates... and then later cosy up to the person who attacked them?
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

If Rand can endorse Romney, he should be able to endorse Trump.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

Would Trump apologize to Rand first for his inappropriate behavior towards Rand, such as attacking his appearance on national TV? Would Trump change his ways of not demeaning people who stand in his way?

Who takes a beating from someone, then takes the high road and not retaliates... and then later cosy up to the person who attacked them?
    But Rand did throw the first punch.

Trump NEVER apologizes, so that is out. But if Rand endorsed him Trump would definitely shower Rand with praise and let bygones be bygones.

Did you guys feel the same when he endorsed chicken hawk Romney?

Rand has dropped out. He doesn't need voters anymore. The only election in his future is the Senate race which he will walk away with.

Trump has a tremendous capacity for forgiveness. If Rand were to endorse him, they'd be fast friends.

And this hypothetical is premised on Trump securing a resounding victory tonight. He won't be 100% certain of the nomination of course, but if you wait until it is 100% certain you'll be among the laggards and there will be absolutely nothing to gain.

Rand is running for Senate, and alienating his voters would be a stupid move. spin it how ever you want. that is a fact.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaIconoclast View Post
    If Rand can endorse Romney, he should be able to endorse Trump.
    If Trump gets nominated like Mitt, he probably will.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Trump NEVER apologizes, so that is out. But if Rand endorsed him Trump would definitely shower Rand with praise and let bygones be bygones.
    I think it's safe to say Rand gives 0 $#@!s about what trump has to say about him. Trump attacked him on twitter a month after he dropped out, presumably because he wouldn't come out for him before the KY caucus. The only reason Rand will endorse him is if he gets the nomination, because he said he would.

Would Rand Paul really turn down a VP offer from Trump?

Why did Christopher Cantwell promote Trump? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edwNpYmgrvE

Why did Milo promote Trump? (OK, the answer is obvious, because he is fabulous and Trump wants to build a wall)

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaIconoclast View Post
    Did you guys feel the same when he endorsed chicken hawk Romney?
    Romney is infinitely better than Trump. Supporting Romney is very reasonable if you are running in the Republican Party because Romney is, well, a Republican. You get the good and the bad.

Trump is a middle of the road Democrat without any of the good views on civil liberties but with all the bad views on economics and the military. The only reason I don't want Trump to lose by 15 is because it could cost Rand his seat. Endorsing Trump is similar to endorsing Chuck Schumer or Dianne Feinstein. That is literally true if you go by Trump's actual views.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Not only no, but hell no.
    Damn, you beat me to it...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Romney is infinitely better than Trump. Supporting Romney is very reasonable if you are running in the Republican Party because Romney is, well, a Republican. You get the good and the bad.

Trump is a middle of the road Democrat without any of the good views on civil liberties but with all the bad views on economics and the military. The only reason I don't want Trump to lose by 15 is because it could cost Rand his seat. Endorsing Trump is similar to endorsing Chuck Schumer or Dianne Feinstein. That is literally true if you go by Trump's actual views.
    Trump even financed the campaigns of Schumer and Feinstein. And all these other fine orgs:

Last edited by CPUd; 04-26-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Trump has not been nominated therefore this thread is nothing more than Trump-pumping. Reported. Hopefully it will be locked. This site is NON-SUPPORTIVE of Trump and rightfully so. Please take this bull$#@! elsewhere.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-26-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Sure, Rand should endorse Trump early, right after Trump promises him the SoS position.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Sure, Rand should endorse Trump early, right after Trump promises him the SoS position.
    I just reported Mr. Mod. Care to do something about it?

Why was this thread not locked instead of you participating in it?

1) Trump is not the eventual nominee. The nominee will be chosen at the convention. Rand said he would endorse the eventual nominee.
    2) Trump does not respect the Paul's. He threatened to run independently if Ron was the nominee in 2012. Trump continued to attack Rand in his home state even after suspending his campaign.

3) $#@! Donald Trump and all who support him.

The site staff and owner should have locked this thread from the start. All the above are well-knowns.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I thank him for at least getting it out of the Rand forum.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump will likely receive the nomination. Strategically it would be a wise move for Rand to endorse early on and with the added benefit of sticking it to Cruz.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

This thread is just giving me bad memories of when Rand thought it was a genius idea to attack trump in the first debates.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Let's see, Mitch McConnell, Mitt Romney...why not?
    Not the same thing. Among other sharp differences, Romney reamained respectful supporter of Bush and his policies, Lindsey Graham, Obama, Hillary and other national leaders we have. Trumspter has already insulsted all of the above and angered many among traditional establishments of both parties.
    Endorsing Trump would be far more controversial step that could offend many including some GOP bigwigs even if it endears him with the base.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    There is sometimes a split between something being a legitimate discussion vs. support -- this one is does smell like it's split. Nominally it seems healthy to let there be some discussion if there is a legitimate side to it, so long as it doesn't shift into a support thread and go on too long. This thread could use a more neutral title (I'll change it) and we'll shut it down later if needed.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast