Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: April 26 Primary Results Thread (CT, DE, MD, PA, RI)

Kasich could take Baltimore.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gerrymandered like a mofo:

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Be interesting to see how DGP team responds to this shocking development. Controversial GOP birther candidate has won more delegates than all other candidates combined.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elec...caucus-results

Republican

1,237 needed

Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

John Kasich

Marco Rubio

Ben Carson

Jeb Bush

Carly Fiorina

Mike Huckabee

Rand Paul

Chris Christie

Rick Santorum

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Cruz another solid third place in Rhode Island . . . tiptoeing on single digits with 91% in

Trump has won Rhode Island, according to A.P.

CANDIDATES VOTE PCT. DELEGATES
    Donald J. Trump 35,872 64.5% 7
    John Kasich 13,376 24.1
    Rafael E. Cruz 5,667 10.2
    Other 684 1.2
    55,599 votes, 91% reporting (133 of 146 precincts)
    Winner called by A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Be interesting to see how DGP team responds to this shocking development. Controversial GOP birther candidate has won more delegates than all other candidates combined.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elec...caucus-results

Republican

1,237 needed

Donald Trump

Ted Cruz

John Kasich

Marco Rubio

Ben Carson

Jeb Bush

Carly Fiorina

Mike Huckabee

Rand Paul

Chris Christie

Rick Santorum
    Pretty sure they are happy about the results.

The Trump saturation political ads will win every heart and mind with all the apple pie America can imagine eating, behind the spectacular new wall.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Kasich could take Baltimore.
    Cruz gets shut out of MD bound delegates if he finishes under 20% ?

Trump has won Maryland, according to A.P.

Donald J. Trump 106,441 55.6% 29
    John Kasich 42,435 22.2
    Rafael E. Cruz 35,712 18.7
    Other 6,868 3.6
    191,456 votes, 29% reporting (586 of 1,989 precincts)
    Winner called by A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Cruz gets shut out of MD bound delegates if he finishes under 20% ?

Trump has won Maryland, according to A.P.

Donald J. Trump 106,441 55.6% 29
    John Kasich 42,435 22.2
    Rafael E. Cruz 35,712 18.7
    Other 6,868 3.6
    191,456 votes, 29% reporting (586 of 1,989 precincts)
    Winner called by A.P.

CD delegates are directly elected.

Cruz comes in dead last in 3 out of 4 states.

As I predicted a long time ago, as soon as Cruz had no chance of winning, voters would switch because it gives them more power to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    Cruz comes in dead last in 3 out of 4 states.

As I predicted a long time ago, as soon as Cruz had no chance of winning, voters would switch because it gives them more power to do so.
    Since when was Cruz ever polling in these states? These were supposed to be Christie or Rubio states since 2013.

Since when was Cruz ever polling in these states? These were supposed to be Christie or Rubio states since 2013.
    Uhm, he lost the south too.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Trump gets 35 of Maryland bound delegates out of the 38 total - the other 3 not yet determined with 59% in

Since when was Cruz ever polling in these states? . . .
    Never, at least since 1789 when these states ratified that pesky Constitution thing-y Cruz wants everyone to ignore for him.

Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina . . . the Bible belt ?
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-26-2016 at 08:38 PM.

He was supposed to win those. That doesn't have anything to do with not winning other states he's not supposed to win.

So it's going to be between 108 and 111 delegates for Trump tonight, not counting the unbound delegates in PA. It all comes down to California and Indiana now. I think Trump has it after tonight.

If there is a contested convention we need to livestream it and have a popcorn party.

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    If there is a contested convention we need to livestream it and have a popcorn party.
    I think that ship sailed tonight. Conservatively I have Trump at 1240 now. I think he'll take more though. It would certainly be fun to watch though. I'd have to have a party.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    I think that ship sailed tonight. Conservatively I have Trump at 1240 now. I think he'll take more though. It would certainly be fun to watch though. I'd have to have a party.
    If you are talking bound delegates how does he get 1240?

Jan2017

So it's going to be between 108 and 111 delegates for Trump tonight, not counting the unbound delegates in PA. It all comes down to California and Indiana now. I think Trump has it after tonight.
    under 300 bound delegates to go for the first ballot majority and nomination . . .
    unless you calculate South Carolina going all unbound now and Trump losing up to 50

If you are talking bound delegates how does he get 1240?
    He will have the majority of the unbound delegates tonight.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He will have the majority of the unbound delegates tonight.
    So you are saying he gets 1240 total on the first ballot?

So you are saying he gets 1240 total on the first ballot?
    At least. The only realistic shot to prevent it is to beat him in Indiana.

At least. The only realistic shot to prevent it is to beat him in Indiana.
    I would go with 1240 iff he gets a majority in both IN and CA

I would go with 1240 iff he gets a majority in both IN and CA
    Those are the only states worth watching at this point, and CA just isn't fertile ground for nevertrump.

Edit: Actually, I take that back. With the momentum Trump is gaining, NE could turn out to be a surprise.

PA unbound delegate estimate: 35 Trump, 19 Cruz

Jan2017

108 bound delegates for Trump tonight seems likely and Kasich 5
    looks like Cruz HAS picked up one bound delegate tonight . . .

Trump has won Rhode Island, according to A.P.

Donald J. Trump 39,059 63.8% 9
    John Kasich 14,929 24.4 5
    Rafael E. Cruz 6,393 10.4 1
    Other 798 1.3
    61,179 votes, 100% reporting (146 of 146 precincts)
    Winner called by A.P.

Last edited by Jan2017; 04-26-2016 at 09:42 PM.

This is what it looks like, if he gets a decent amount from IN, a majority in CA:

LOL @ Cruz getting 1 delegate in five states this late in the game, GAME OVER, even Kasich beat him.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    LOL @ Cruz getting 1 delegate in five states this late in the game, GAME OVER, even Kasich beat him.
    Which states was Cruz supposed to get delegates from tonight? If you count unbound, he got as many as 20 from PA.

An interesting comment Trump is saying that people that hated him are calling conceding defeat and wanting to join the team, even Megan Kelly had kissed the ring
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast