Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: April 26 Primary Results Thread (CT, DE, MD, PA, RI)

April 26 Primary Results Thread (CT, DE, MD, PA, RI)

Polls close in 3.5 hours. Will Trump sweep? Will Hillary take all the life out of Sander's campaign tonight? Discuss.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump will win the popular vote in all. Kasich will grab some CDs in MD, RI will go 7/5/1 Trump/Kasich/Cruz. Kasich or Cruz had a shot to take some delegates from CT, but I didn't see either of them taking advantage of that opportunity. PA will be interesting to see which delegates are elected.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Jan2017

I'll be watching Maryland mostly . . .

Tuesday, April 26

Maryland Republican Primary

38 delegates . . . . . . . . Polling average

Donald J. Trump . . . 43.8%
    John Kasich . . . . . . . 25.2%
    Rafael E. Cruz . . . . . . 23.4%

Polling data from HuffPost Pollster, based on the average of the five most recent polls by unique pollsters.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/201...eview/maryland

MD has a 20% threshold I believe . . .

Last edited by Jan2017; 04-26-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Yes, MD and PA will be the interesting ones. How many delegates can Kasich win around Baltimore, and how many delegates can Cruz steal in PA? On the other side I'll be rooting for Sanders to win CT so Hillary doesn't get a clean sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Yes, MD and PA will be the interesting ones. How many delegates can Kasich win around Baltimore, and how many delegates can Cruz steal in PA? On the other side I'll be rooting for Sanders to win CT so Hillary doesn't get a clean sweep.
    Sanders is favored in RI

the 17 delegates in PA are a near lock for trump. The question becomes, did he notify his followers about the 3 delegates to also vote for in enough time?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    Sanders is favored in RI
    The last poll I saw had Clinton up by a significant margin.

the 17 delegates in PA are a near lock for trump. The question becomes, did he notify his followers about the 3 delegates to also vote for in enough time?
    Exactly. Hence the word - steal.

Sanders is favored in RI

Sort of, but not really. They sent out a slate having some Cruz supporters' names, beyond that it is all 'Trump grassroots', whatever that is.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

AP calls Maryland for Trump (26 delegates reported)

Republican Primary

Trump has won Maryland, according to A.P.

CANDIDATES VOTE PCT. DELEGATES
    Donald J. Trump 0 0.0% 26
    Ted Cruz 0 0.0
    John Kasich 0 0.0
    Other 0 0.0
    0% reporting (0 of 1,989 precincts)
    Winner called by A.P
    http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/maryland

Last edited by Jan2017; 04-26-2016 at 06:15 PM.

Media calling the very populous states of Pennsylvania and Maryland before a single vote was counted.

"The media is biased against Trump!"
    Stop believing stupid things

The immediate projections are - Hillary in MD, Trump in MD PA CT.

Jan2017

AP calls Pennsylvania for Trump - all 17 bound delegates to the state wide winner.

Republican Primary

Trump has won Pennsylvania, according to A.P.

Donald J. Trump 0 0.0% 17
    Ted Cruz 0 0.0
    John Kasich 0 0.0
    Other 0 0.0
    0% reporting (0 of 9,168 precincts)
    Winner called by A.P.
    http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/pennsylvania

Not a Cruz supporter, but he's right.
    Last edited by Tywysog Cymru; 04-26-2016 at 06:13 PM.

Trump already takes MD, PA & CT
    hillary takes MD

Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    Says the person not eligible for president.

Jan2017

This race is simple. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are both big government liberals.

• RETWEETS210
    • LIKES316

5:08 PM - 26 Apr 2016
    This race is real simple for constitutionalists - Rafael E. Cruz was brought into the United States by two Canadian citizen parents in 1976.
    Last edited by Jan2017; 04-26-2016 at 06:23 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    This race is real simple for constitutionalists - Rafael E, Cruz was brought into the United States by two Canadian citizen parents in 1976.
    Even if Ted Cruz is ineligible, Donald Trump is still no friend of the Constitution.

Jan2017

Trump already takes MD, PA & CT
    Connecticut, Kasich has won one county so far and leads in another near New Haven

Republican Primary

Trump has won Connecticut, according to A.P.

Donald J. Trump 6,071 58.3% 16
    John Kasich 2,823 27.1
    Rafael E. Cruz 1,287 12.4
    Other 234 2.2
    10,415 votes, 6% reporting (39 of 701 precincts)
    Winner called by A.P.

Media calling the very populous states of Pennsylvania and Maryland before a single vote was counted.

"The media is biased against Trump!"
    Umm.. that's the way projections work. Every network wants to be the first to call it. If the exit polls show a 25 point victory they have to call it immediately no matter how much they dislike the results. If they don't, their competitor will and then people will tune in to the competitor next election to find out the winners first.

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Umm.. that's the way projections work. Every network wants to be the first to call it. If the exit polls show a 25 point victory they have to call it immediately no matter how much they dislike the results. If they don't, their competitor will and then people will tune in to the competitor next election to find out the winners first.
    Exit polls have been wrong before, though.

Exit polls have been wrong before, though.
    Sure, when they show a 5 to 10 point margin. That's why they wait for some votes to come in if it's that close. They are never off by 25 points.

R.I. and DE just called for Trump. Clean sweep.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Jan2017

Well, after first half hour after closing - results starting to get reported now - Trump has counties in CT with over 50% and 60% btw

Republican Primary

Trump has won Connecticut, according to A.P.

Donald J. Trump 17,705 59.3% 16
    John Kasich 7,920 26.5
    Ted Cruz 3,612 12.1
    Other 631 2.1
    29,868 votes, 13% reporting (90 of 701 precincts)
    Winner called by A.P.

Trump Trump Trump Trump!!!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here is to hoping that Trump will get all will hold back globalism and increase the sovereignty of the US.

These are some huge margins for Trump. Near 60% everywhere with a 40 point spread. I bet he's over 50% in MD too.

Seems like the only GOP race to watch tonight are the Pennsylvania unbound delegates. Rhode Island is proportional with only 10% threshold, so Kasich and Cruz are getting some of the very few RI delegates. All other states are winner-take-all statewide and by CD, Trump will win them all for sure. (ok not sure about Maryland so far)
    Last edited by MarcusI; 04-26-2016 at 06:53 PM.
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

Trump HUGE sweep, all 5 states.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

The fact that Kasich is beating him in most of the states today must be pretty embarrassing for Cruz.

Trump is way more popular in the suburbs and exurbs than the immediate districts of his Trump towers.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast