Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the purpose of this forum existing anymore?

What is the purpose of this forum existing anymore?

We have all now witnessed the republican party self destruct , 3 presidential elections consecutively. War has not decreased, but increased, and now the ignorance prevails when the average person in america cares more about harriet tubman being placed on paper fiat than their dollar actually being backed by silver or gold. no federal reserve audit has happened or will happen...so whats this forum for? peace out.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mostly for posting stuff, I think.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    See the two threads below for details. One thing is for certain, giving up is a bad plan, but we do need a better plan.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...sion-a-new-era

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nference-calls
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Actually we have helped to accomplish a lot, in the face of much adversity. Our country may be worse off than it was when we started, but it is much better off than it would have been.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    See the two threads below for details. One thing is for certain, giving up is a bad plan, but we do need a better plan.

Correct , giving up is no plan at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    so whats this forum for? peace out.

its kind of like a petting zoo for an endangered species

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    its kind of like a petting zoo for an endangered species
    That almost sounds grim...

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAmerica View Post
    We have all now witnessed the republican party self destruct , 3 presidential elections consecutively. War has not decreased, but increased, and now the ignorance prevails when the average person in america cares more about harriet tubman being placed on paper fiat than their dollar actually being backed by silver or gold. no federal reserve audit has happened or will happen...so whats this forum for? peace out.
    You could always help to defeat McCain:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Senate-R-AZ%29
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this foruum started a TON of good things for liberty. to many to list. but for now, i guess just hold on and hope the next election is more transparent because of our works here.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    this foruum started a TON of good things for liberty. to many to list. but for now, i guess just hold on and hope the next election is more transparent because of our works here.
    truth.

politics ebbs and flows..

lots of things to get involved in, especially at your local level....

I SWAG, fun and education.

maybe you should post some pictures of your bellybutton

One big purpose for this website at present is to advance the cause of keeping Donald Trump from being the Republican nominee for President.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    One big purpose for this website at present is to advance the cause of keeping Donald Trump from being the Republican nominee for President.
    ....and Ted Cruz, Mitt Romney, Paul Ryan, etc..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

What is the purpose of this forum existing anymore?
    This is a pretty silly question. Ron is not running for anything anymore but he's still out there spreading the liberty message on TV and his youtube channel, and we would like to help facilitate with that. Rand is up for re-election and we need to make sure the leading voice for liberty in the senate remains there for another 6 years. Walter Jones, the member of congress neocons despise most, is facing a tough primary challenge from a Bush crony and could possibly lose his seat. Amash and Massie are also up for re-election, although their seats are pretty safe. There are other liberty candidates too, such as whoever the Libertarian nominee will be, and there will be more in the future. There will never be a liberty majority in Washington, but having a few outspoken voices on the national stage very much helps to raise important issues and influence the national debate. We would definitely be worse off without that.

Besides liberty candidates, there are many other reasons for this forum to exist and for people to be involved with political activism. There is a ballot initiative in your state to legalize marijuana for example, which is still in the process of collecting signatures. Maybe you could volunteer for that. And despite all your hopelessness about how bad things are, that is an area where a huge amount of progress has been made toward increasing liberty over the past decade.

There are other areas where progress has been made too. I disagree with your assessment that war has increased. We have not gotten into another major war while this forum has been in existence. It almost happened with Syria, but the American public was strongly opposed, including many conservatives. That is something that probably would not have happened in the past, before Ron came along. Also an agreement was signed with Iran and war has been avoided for the foreseeable future. In regards to sound money and auditing the fed, no we will probably not have either of those any time soon, but great progress has been made in educating the public. Which may eventually bear fruit in the future.

Your apparent hopelessness that anything can be achieved to move more toward liberty is misguided.
    Last edited by jct74; 05-01-2016 at 04:17 PM.

This forum is the only one I've seen that hasn't intentionally been devolved into just another divisive, hate filled propaganda outlet. Yes, there are many sock puppet shills here and agendas are played out but RPF stands practically alone as a political forum where obnoxious behavior isn't tolerated. Even the sock puppets have to bring their A-game to stick around here. Consider that as a badge of honor! You are respected!
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    You could always help to defeat McCain:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Senate-R-AZ%29
    I thought we had him last time .

What is the purpose of this forum ?

I'll let you know once I figure out the meaning of life.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

Giving up is FAIL.

Giving up, even in the face of certain destruction is candy-ass.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

What everybody said.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Giving up is FAIL.

Giving up, even in the face of certain destruction is candy-ass.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    This is a pretty silly question. Ron is not running for anything anymore but he's still out there spreading his message on TV and his youtube channel, and we would like to help facilitate with that. Rand is up for re-election and we need to make sure the leading voice for liberty in the senate remains there for another 6 years. Walter Jones, who is the member of congress neocons despise most, is facing a tough primary challenge from a Bush crony and could possibly lose his seat. Amash and Massie are also up for re-election, although their seats are pretty safe. There are other liberty candidates too, such as whoever the Libertarian nominee will be, and there will be more in the future. There will never be a liberty majority in Washington, but having a few outspoken voices on the national stage sure helps to raise important issues and influence the national debate, and prevent things from getting even worse.

Besides liberty candidates, there are many other reasons for this forum to exist and for people to be involved with political activism. There is a ballot initiative in your state to legalize marijuana for example, which is still in the process of collecting signatures. Maybe you could volunteer for that. And despite all your hopelessness about how bad things are, that is an area where a huge amount of progress has been made toward increasing liberty over the past decade.

There are other areas where progress has been made too. I disagree with your assessment that war has increased. We have not gotten into another major war while this forum has been in existence. It almost happened with Syria, but the American public was strongly opposed, including many conservatives. That is something that probably would not have happened in the past, before Ron came along. Also an agreement was signed with Iran and war has been avoided for the foreseeable future. In regards to sound money and auditing the fed, no we will probably not have either of those any time soon, but great progress has been made in educating the public. Which may eventually bear fruit in the future.

Your apparent hopelessness that anything can be achieved to move more toward liberty is misguided.
    once upon a time,
    I was in Galveston Texas with Bryan, Adam Kokesh, Ron Paul and judge Nap...
    when judge Nap uttered these immortal words. "defending Liberty, in it's hour of greatest need. is an honor, reserved for few"
    (Adam was running for Congress at the time)

methinks.. that what we are "missing" is a "shtick" I will defer the Danke for an EXACT definition of this phenomenon.

I think of it this way... zerohedge.com has a shtick. they are unabashedly "Austrian school".(a position) within their domain.

good or bad... they, have an identity.

I am pushing that we adopt, or rather... finally recognize and "position" ourselves as MinArchists.

and if not, why not sir?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

I stay active on this forum so I can report people who might be planning a Revolution against our great government.

I do what I can.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Ask Bryan
    I am keeping an eye on him , he already sent one of my buds to North Korea.

Dupe
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Just think how bad or worse it might be if the few liberty people out there did nothing or did not speak up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I want to expatriate, who has good info about it and how to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I stay active on this forum so I can report people who might be planning a Revolution against our great government.

I do what I can.
    In order to avoid all of that I notified the Gov a few years ago my intention to take back half of my state .Then I will secede .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast