Thread: Will PA vote for a Libertarian in the Primary?

Will PA vote for a Libertarian in the Primary?

The libertarian party has given its list of candidates to run this November.
    http://www.lppa.org

will anyone be writing in this names tomorrow on their primary ballot, even if the person isn't in their district, so long as they are running for the correct office in November?

Any support now couldn't hurt and it's not as though many here would go to the primary to vote for an establishment candidate anyway. Is anyone doing it?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know your PA. Is he a Libertarian?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    The libertarian party has given its list of candidates to run this November.
    http://www.lppa.org

will anyone be writing in this names tomorrow on their primary ballot, even if the person isn't in their district, so long as they are running for the correct office in November?

Any support now couldn't hurt and it's not as though many here would go to the primary to vote for an establishment candidate anyway. Is anyone doing it?
    So, do you understand what a primary is? This is when the parties select their delegates who will select their preferred candidate. Are you suggesting writing in an LP candidate for one of their delegate spots? I mean, if you're registered in their party, I suppose you can do what you want.

My experience from living in PA is that most of the delegates that win have names that are familiar to people. Either they are former politicians or businessmen that have political connections. Very rarely are the delegates selected based on which candidate they purport to support.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    So, do you understand what a primary is? This is when the parties select their delegates who will select their preferred candidate. Are you suggesting writing in an LP candidate for one of their delegate spots? I mean, if you're registered in their party, I suppose you can do what you want.

My experience from living in PA is that most of the delegates that win have names that are familiar to people. Either they are former politicians or businessmen that have political connections. Very rarely are the delegates selected based on which candidate they purport to support.
    Not only delegates but US Congress and the other seats. A candidate would have to take note if they were running unopposed and yet a Write In person achieved even something like 1% of the vote. I see no harm for those who are registered. Do you?