Thread: John McCain will skip RNC to fend off Kelli Ward in tough Arizona race

John McCain will skip RNC to fend off Kelli Ward in tough Arizona race

John McCain will skip RNC to fend off Kelli Ward in tough Arizona race

Dr. Kelli Ward earned 17 endorsements back in December to unseat Arizona Senator John McCain and now McCain is announcing that he would skip the Republican National Convention.
    McCain delivered election-year speeches at the convention in 1992 and 2004. McCain fought off a tough primary challenge in 2010 against J.D. Hayworth. At the time he still had a large campaign chest leftover from his 2008 campaign for president. Arizonans have also not forgotten his unfilled 2010 campaign promise to “complete the danged [border] fence.” The senior Senator has since failed to follow through on that promise.

McCain has held office in the nation’s capitol for over 30 years and now faces a tough challenge from popular grassroots challenger Ward.

His favorability in Arizona has waned, and even the likely Democratic nominee for the race poses a challenge to him in the general election matchup.

“Arizona needs strong and consistent leadership that can be counted on,” Ward said back in December. “What we have right now is a track record of broken promises and a laundry list of failed policies that are hurting Arizona and its people- this needs to end. I am happy to have the support of my colleagues as we work together to change the direction of Washington.”

Arizona Senate President pro tempore Sylvia Allen and Majority Whip Gail Griffin are among the list of five senators supporting Ward, along with state Senators Steve Smith, Nancy Barto, and David Farnsworth.

Arizona State House of Representatives Members endorsing Ward include: Rep. Mark Finchem (R-Tucson), Rep. Anthony Kern (R-Glendale), Rep. Jill Norgaard (R-Phoenix), Rep. Vince Leach (R-SaddleBrooke) and Rep. Warren Peterson (R-Gilbert).

Joining in the list of new endorsements are:

Former Senator Al Melvin, Former Senate President Russell Pearce, Former Rep. Carl Seel, Former Rep. John Fillmore, Sheriff Richard Mack, Gilbert City Council member Emilena Turley, Former AZGOP Chairman Tom Morrissey

These endorsements come in addition to early December news that the second amendment defending group Gun Owners of America endorsed Ward over McCain.
    More: http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/joh...na-race-45673/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope she takes him out!

Last August she was up 45-36% in a Gravis poll with 844 Republican primary voters.

At the end of January this year McCain was up 47-11% among 221 republicans and 177 independents in a Behavior research poll.

I'm not sure how to interpret those results.