Thread: Ron Paul is buying silver - CNBC interview 4/19

Ron Paul is buying silver - CNBC interview 4/19

This is the one thing I’m buying right now: Ron Paul

Amanda Diaz
    20 Apr 2016

All that glitters is not gold — at least in the eyes of former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul.

On CNBC's "Futures Now" Tuesday, the esteemed market watcher said that if there's one thing investors should be buying right now, it's silver.

"About a month ago I bought some silver and so far it looks pretty good, especially [this week]," said Paul. Silver hit its highest level since June 2015 on Tuesday, fueled by a softer dollar and buying in China. The precious metal is now up 23 percent on the year, outpacing gold, which has risen 18 percent in the same period.

"Some people say that silver has been demonetized and it's a commercial metal," contended Paul, a former Republican presidential candidate. "But I think gold is money and silver is still money," he said.

Paul noted that he has been invested in both gold and silver for the better part of the last 45 years. "When Bretton Woods closed down I bought for the next decade gold and silver and held it as my nest egg for protection against ups and downs [in the market]," he said. In 1971, President Richard Nixon suspended the convertibility of dollars into gold, which marked the end to the Bretton Woods era.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/19/this-...-ron-paul.html

full interview (starts at 1:30)
    http://www.ronpaullibertyreport.com/...turn-than-2008

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do too .

Me three.

This is the most undervalued asset there is. It's a no-brainer, grab as much as you can while you can.

Ron started collecting coins as a kid ( Indian Cents if I recall ) , I did as well . I started putting away precious metals ( mostly silver ), probably after the 50's , my Father probably in the 40's .

I have acquired silver over the years. More recently since the beginning of the year I thought to had purchased tens of thousands worth of the stuff. A couple of weeks ago when I went to check the price, I noted that the place I purchased from filed Chapter 11. Looks like I am out big time.
    Last edited by Schifference; 04-24-2016 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I have acquired silver over the years. More recently since the beginning of the year I thought to had purchased tens of thousands worth of the stuff. A couple of weeks ago when I went to check the price, I noted that the place I purchased from filed Chapter 11. Looks like I am out big time.
    If you hold it you are not out , in fact the spot price has gone up past few days last I checked on Fri morning .

The place has my money and filed Bankruptcy. I have nothing to hold from this years purchases. Out tens of thousands at this point.

so you DID NOT purchase silver then. If you did, you would have it in your possession.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I buy stuff a couple times a week or so . I go in with some FRN's and come out with a brown liquor store bag with my purchase inside .

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The place has my money and filed Bankruptcy. I have nothing to hold from this years purchases. Out tens of thousands at this point.
    No offense but if after the MF Global outright theft of people's metals you still just handed cash over to someone to "hold your metals for you", you kinda can't be surprised at what happened.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

So is now a good time to buy silver (or conversely, is there a bad time to buy silver)?

Where to go for the best exchange rate? Coin shop/show or over the interwebs?

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    So is now a good time to buy silver (or conversely, is there a bad time to buy silver)?

Where to go for the best exchange rate? Coin shop/show or over the interwebs?
    I do very well local on things , if you use the net you probably just about have to get free shipping unless someone lives in a state with ten percent or more sales tax .

When gold was 1000 , 1100 , I bought a little and silver , once gold broke 1200 and silver still under 20 , I concentrated on silver. I am not a big bullion guy, most of mine is in coins and some have a numistic value higher than the metal.