Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FL-Cops stand by on shore while watching teenage girls drown, because "safety".

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't read the yoo tube comments unless you want an aneurysm.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Don't read the yoo tube comments unless you want an aneurysm.
    Oh, I can imagine...

There would have been 2 extra dead people that night if those cops had tried to save those people. Attempting to save someone in a car drowning is one of the hardest rescues to perform even for trained experts. Knowing this, I would have also fired the hell out of those cops had they attempted to play hero that night.

There was a story a few years back of some dad trying to save his young sons who fell off a boat here in Omaha from drowning, he was a good swimmer but he did not have his life jacket on and his 2 boys had theirs on. Long story short, he ended up jumping in trying to save his boys and ended up dying. His boys on the other had survived but even if they died, there is no need adding an extra body to the death count.

There is a reason for laws like this and that is to prevent people from killing themselves. Sad story but they totally did the right thing by not trying to be a hero that night.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    There would have been 2 extra dead people that night if those cops had tried to save those people. Attempting to save someone in a car drowning is one of the hardest rescues to perform even for trained experts. Knowing this, I would have also fired the hell out of those cops had they attempted to play hero that night.

There was a story a few years back of some dad trying to save his young sons who fell off a boat here in Omaha from drowning, he was a good swimmer but he did not have his life jacket on and his 2 boys had theirs on. Long story short, he ended up jumping in trying to save his boys and ended up dying. His boys on the other had survived but even if they died, there is no need adding an extra body to the death count.

There is a reason for laws like this and that is to prevent people from killing themselves. Sad story but they totally did the right thing by not trying to be a hero that night.
    +rep

Just because they are Heroes does not automatically mean they are strong swimmers too. They're just human y'know.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    +rep

Just because they are Heroes does not automatically mean they are strong swimmers too. They're just human y'know.
    Dunno if you're kidding but i am very seroius about this, these kind of situations can turn really bad fast for the rescuers. They probably don't have ropes or safety vests.

The best thing is to call 911 and pray for the best.

Ok on the prayer part.

might do that as i hit water.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

This is true, especially since I assume the "6-7" means the vehicle is 6-7 feet underwater? Anyhow, no, I would not demand that police dive in immediately under those circumstances, either.

HOWEVER... there is no need to mock, or speculate, or --- and this is the big one --- to lie. Not only did they lie, but they received praise and rewards for those lies. THAT is a problem.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

So, two points.

1. These guys are the constitutional sheriffs that people here seem to think are the solution to our cop problem. So maybe try to understand how some of us can have a problem with that.

2. So, they got caught red-handed in one bald faced lie about what happened that night, but everyone is expectef to swallow the story about how they were running from the cops?
    That's not the way it works for anyone else... if you get caught in one lie, you are an unreliable witness about everything else forever.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Oh bull$#@!.

I've done it before.

That's what these "heroes" get paid, handsomely, for, supposedly.

God save us from Safety Uber Alles.

ETA - Call 911? For who, a dive squad? WTF are cop divers gonna do?

Further, as Gualtieri readily admitted, one of the deputies on scene that morning was a member of their dive squad — but had decided against what would have been too risky a rescue, given the muddy, murky condition of the water.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-24-2016 at 03:40 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    So, two points.

1. These guys are the constitutional sheriffs that people here seem to think are the solution to our cop problem. So maybe try to understand how some of us can have a problem with that.

2. So, they got caught red-handed in one bald faced lie about what happened that night, but everyone is expectef to swallow the story about how they were running from the cops?
    That's not the way it works for anyone else... if you get caught in one lie, you are an unreliable witness about everything else forever.
    Elected sheriffs are only a band aid, stopgap solution at best.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    This is true, especially since I assume the "6-7" means the vehicle is 6-7 feet underwater? Anyhow, no, I would not demand that police dive in immediately under those circumstances, either.

HOWEVER... there is no need to mock, or speculate, or --- and this is the big one --- to lie. Not only did they lie, but they received praise and rewards for those lies. THAT is a problem.
    6-7 is cop "10 code" talk for dead.

10-67

http://copradar.com/tencodes/

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    6-7 is cop "10 code" talk for dead.

10-67

http://copradar.com/tencodes/
    That's a lot of codes to remember. I suppose they only need to know a couple important ones, like 10-4 OK and 10-67 Dead Person.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Goons gonna goon. Even teenage girls. They goon with impunity and daily. That's what goons do and we must not be shocked by it or expect anything else...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

And I really don't think these goons would have died trying to save them as I'm sure the car was not in 20 feet of water. It was probably only a bit deeper than the roof of the car. They probably could have stood on the roof and broke the windows to get them out. The fact that they lied about how "heroic" they were just shows how easily goons lie. They never have to answer for their lies either because the head goons can't afford to have "bad press" about all the street goons or it makes all the goons look bad (like "goons")...

THIS ONE

Dunno if you're kidding but i am very seroius about this, these kind of situations can turn really bad fast for the rescuers. They probably don't have ropes or safety vests.

Must be some of that 1984 New Speak, they aren't rescuers if the aren't doing any rescuing.

Edit: I wouldn't call them first responders either, more like paid gawkers.
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 04-24-2016 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

From another article...

Though the county sheriff's rules forbid deputies from chasing stolen vehicles, some officers were trailing the car when the car plunged into a pond off a sharp turn in the road around 4 a.m. the next morning.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-...inkId=23801996
    Bull$#@!! They were chasing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    From another article...

Bull$#@!! They were chasing them.
    Depends on what the definition of "is" is...

THIS ONE

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    So, two points.

It boils down to the individual, really. This guy Brad Rogers out of Elkhart Indiana is really just great:

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2016/02...ral-overreach/

It's sad though. I get stories about a County Sheriff telling the feds to get bent and doing stuff to protect the rights of the County citizens, and I think, "That's gotta be Brad Rogers." 98% of the time I'm right. So he's pretty much alone at it right now.

But yeah, this mythical Constitutional Sheriff who protects the people against runaway feds....he does exist. You just have to go to Elkhart Indiana and look up a guy named Bradley Rogers to find him.

Baloney. This was a freaking irrigation pond for heaven's sake. Can't be any deeper than 8 foot at it's absolute deepest, can't have a lot of surface area. Certainly has nothing like currents. And so far as I know, "Do not rescue a bunch of teen girls in a sinking car" is not any kind of law, it's just what the cops decided to do in the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    If there is such a thing as "mental illness", these deputies haz it. SMFH.
    Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    c'mon you can't expect them to dive right in while in uniform; the indignity!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Baloney. This was a freaking irrigation pond for heaven's sake. Can't be any deeper than 8 foot at it's absolute deepest, can't have a lot of surface area. Certainly has nothing like currents. And so far as I know, "Do not rescue a bunch of teen girls in a sinking car" is not any kind of law, it's just what the cops decided to do in the moment.
    Like there is no such thing as officer safety, where are the cop suckers around here.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Well I'm glad the Officers are OK.
    They could have been attacked by a gator.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Pffft. They had tasers. Nothing in the world says "officer safety" more than deploying 50,000 volts while armpit deep in water. Gators'll never know what hit em.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6202352

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    They are lucky to have survived jumping in murky swamp water, lots of crocodiles and alligators down there.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Have not the courts ruled that police have no obligation to protect anyone?
    This is only applicable until the police have interjected themselves into the event--as in this case the police were the cause of it. A stolen vehicle speeding through red lights blacked out, shouldn't that pursuit have been shut down at that point?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Laws like what now?

And this may hold validity if they had driven off a bridge into Harpers Ferry, but certainly not in this instance.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

$#@! those degenerates. The girls, I mean.

Take it away, Tommy:
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Laws like what now?

And this may hold validity if they had driven off a bridge into Harpers Ferry, but certainly not in this instance.
    Maybe not laws but regulations preventing cops from trying to attempt difficult/impossible rescue attempts without the proper equipment. I dunno about the bridge scenario but I would have certainly written the regulations in such a way that if there is a more than 50% chance of them adding to the death count by trying to rescue, they should NOT rescue.

I know some people say it was shallow water but it was also muddy/dirty water and in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    This is only applicable until the police have interjected themselves into the event--as in this case the police were the cause of it. A stolen vehicle speeding through red lights blacked out, shouldn't that pursuit have been shut down at that point?
    Are you certain of this? I suppose it turns on the meaning of "interjection", but my recollection of the rulings suggested with some vigor that police are in no way obliged to intercede on the behalf of one in distress. The only obligation they hold is to maintain the general peace. Therefore, they can walk right by a rape in progress and fear no unpleasant consequence from the judicial branch.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast