Thread: Police are Creating Fake Facebook Accounts to Monitor You — Here’s How to ID a Fake Account

Exclamation Police are Creating Fake Facebook Accounts to Monitor You — Here’s How to ID a Fake Account

Police are Creating Fake Facebook Accounts to Monitor You — Here’s How to ID a Fake Account

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/pol...mOZSbvyO5wV.99

Police Create Fake Profiles on Facebook and Attempt to Build Relationships Along With Monitor Your Friends and Events

Kristan T. Harris | American Intelligence Report

Police departments around the nation have taken predictive crime prevention to a new level by building fake user accounts, as well as posing as genuine people to gather information about local events, Tech.Mic reports.

Local agents put on a “digital mask” and pose as “members of the community,” allowing them to gather personal information about suspects they consider a high risk of being involved in a future crime or have existing charges.

In a social media guide for law enforcement officials published by the Justice Department, the document details, officers create fraudulent profiles even though Facebook officially bans the practice.

Departments are also beginning to use predictive analytical policing software, allowing authorities to patrol local neighborhoods based on social networking posts. If people are emotionally upset and publish it on social media networks, the software program labels the neighborhood high risk alerting law enforcement to occupy those areas.

In a recent article published by Business Insider one police officer answered a LexisNexis survey that he “was looking for a suspect related to drug charges for over a month. When I looked him up on Facebook and requested him as a friend from a fictitious profile, he accepted,” and “he kept ‘checking in’ everywhere he went, so I was able to track him down very easily.”

Another respondent wrote, “Social media is a valuable tool because you are able to see the activities of a target in his comfortable stage. Targets brag and post … information in reference to travel, hobbies, places visited, appointments, circle of friends, family members, relationships, actions, etc.”

Out of 1,221 federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies that use social media today, more than 80% of the responding officials said social media was a powerful tool for crime-fighting and that “creating personas or profiles on social media outlets for use in law enforcement activities is ethical.”

The NYPD has even gone to the extreme to use photos of young attractive women on Facebook to spy on gang members, the New York Times reported.

No one seems to know if agencies use these photos with or without the consent of the person photographed.

Bradley Shear, an attorney and expert in social media and the law, is not quite sure how the justice system will handle challenges made to this style of policing. However, noting that “police often pose as prostitutes or drug dealers to catch criminals.”

We also know the government hires agents to sway political opinion under its notoriousOperation Mocking Bird Program.

How to identify a fake user account on Facebook.

Account was made recently 2015, 2016.

Account has no history published for earlier years, but Facebook says they have been a member since 2009, etc.

Most fake accounts have 1 image or no real profile photo of the person. Some may only have a select few photos over a long span of time. A well seasoned user would have more photos posted over a long period of time. A fake account may have 7-10 photos posted on the same day.

User has very few friends in common and or friends in general.

There is little to no interaction on their page with friends, no comments, likes or responses over their long time line.

Profile picture seems too good to be true, that hot model added you today! They even messaged you and are interested in you!

When in doubt use reverse image search. Take their image and see if it is a real person or not.

When in doubt deny, deny, deny.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $#@!ing "targets".

Just so you all know what you are.

Account was made recently 2015, 2016.

Account has no history published for earlier years, but Facebook says they have been a member since 2009, etc.

Most fake accounts have 1 image or no real profile photo of the person. Some may only have a select few photos over a long span of time. A well seasoned user would have more photos posted over a long period of time. A fake account may have 7-10 photos posted on the same day.

There is little to no interaction on their page with friends, no comments, likes or responses over their long time line.

Profile picture seems too good to be true, that hot model added you today! They even messaged you and are interested in you!

When in doubt use reverse image search. Take their image and see if it is a real person or not.

I spotted a fake account some with these exact characteristics about one year ago. It was from a local TV news story. For the life of me, I can't remember what it was about. Maybe it was about some local hero cop or some neighborhood snitch or something. I remember however, everybody on the comments falling for the story. I looked up the Facebook account, and, sure enough, you could tell that someone had just created the account three weeks prior.

I'll post it if I remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

If the police are creating Facebook accounts to monitor you, it's only because they care about you, and want to keep you safe.

Thanks Police!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

FEDBOOK earning its nickname.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    If the police are creating Facebook accounts to monitor you, it's only because they care about you, and want to keep you safe.

Thanks Police!
    It's what we pay them to do.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Damn, I didn't know I had a fake account.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reason 5,684 to not do face$#@!.

Well this is scary. Most of my Facebook posts are the same posts I post to this board. To keep up with news, I friend journalists like Glenn Greenwald, Trevor Timm, Eric Margolis, etc., as well as anti-war activists and libertarians.

About 3 months ago I had about 5 friend requests - not all at once. (I had one request, denied it, then another a few days later, denied it, etc.). Upon looking at their pages it was exactly the description from the OP's article: very few photos --many only have one photo for the profile and one cover photo, they had no likes of any pages, no history, little if anything on their timeline. So I immediately de-friended after friending to look at their page.

I post everything "Public" on Facebook because I figure they're looking at everything anyway: If we try to get the government's attention about unnecessary wars, etc., they ignore us so I figure if they're spying, they get to see exactly how I feel about U.S. foreign policy.

But to go the step further and try to friend a person is really creepy. And it's a suppression of our First Amendment Rights. We have a right to have a political opinion without being watched for nothing more than speech.

Guess there's nothing we can do about it except deny friendship, but we should not be paying taxpayer money for people messing around on Facebook and trying to suppress speech.

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    Well this is scary. Most of my Facebook posts are the same posts I post to this board. To keep up with news, I friend journalists like Glenn Greenwald, Trevor Timm, Eric Margolis, etc., as well as anti-war activists and libertarians.

About 3 months ago I had about 5 friend requests - not all at once. (I had one request, denied it, then another a few days later, denied it, etc.). Upon looking at their pages it was exactly the description from the OP's article: very few photos --many only have one photo for the profile and one cover photo, they had no likes of any pages, no history, little if anything on their timeline. So I immediately de-friended after friending to look at their page.

I post everything "Public" on Facebook because I figure they're looking at everything anyway: If we try to get the government's attention about unnecessary wars, etc., they ignore us so I figure if they're spying, they get to see exactly how I feel about U.S. foreign policy.

But to go the step further and try to friend a person is really creepy. And it's a suppression of our First Amendment Rights. We have a right to have a political opinion without being watched for nothing more than speech.

Guess there's nothing we can do about it except deny friendship, but we should not be paying taxpayer money for people messing around on Facebook and trying to suppress speech.
    Actually, SCOTUS sez you have no right to privacy. Don't expect what you post on the open webbernets to go unwatched-especially on FB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Actually, SCOTUS sez you have no right to privacy. Don't expect what you post on the open webbernets to go unwatched-especially on FB.
    Something tells me that all of us here on RPF are pretty closely scrutinized and not just by the resident errr "members"....

Even those of us who have never been on fed-book...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Something tells me that all of us here on RPF are pretty closely scrutinized and not just by the resident errr "members"....

Even those of us who have never been on fed-book...
    Probably right. "They" (TSA, etc) already admit they spy on webbernet sites about "radical"/"anti-government" ideas, last I heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post

I agree. That's why I post everything "Public" in Facebook so anyone can see it. Most journalists and activists do the same.

However, I would think that those in the so-called "security" and "policing" agencies would be using algorithms in a Facebook computer database to try to find people that are actual criminals. I share news articles from antiwar.com and the intercept, etc. on my wall and am friends with others who do the same. That fills news feeds up with articles people may otherwise miss.

But this is a big step further imho. Five people tried to "friend" me that were obviously not real people. This is apparently being done to chill speech. As if to say I have no right to post news articles that indicate what a bunch of sociopaths those controlling U.S. foreign policy are.

This just seems unconstitutional to me. Because it's harassment and it's sole purpose is to chill speech.