Thread: Collateral Damage - Obama OKs More Civilian Drone Deaths

Collateral Damage - Obama OKs More Civilian Drone Deaths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpsYAevTUm0

President Obama approved new rules that allow ten civilians to be killed for every drone strike in the seven countries the US is currently bombing. Also, he returned to the use of "signature strikes" which target not terrorists, but behaviors and personal attributes. Is desperation over a failed foreign policy pushing Washington to outright murder?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In a 2009 opinion article, Daniel L. Byman of the Brookings Institution wrote that drone strikes may have killed

"10 or so civilians"

for every militant that they killed.[31]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drone_strikes_in_Pakistan

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Orlando club Witness: Fla. gunman attacked to get US 'to stop bombing his country'

Related

US Ambassador killing in Benghazi is said to be revenge for Obama drone attack

Boston Marathon BombingBill O'Reilly: Brokaw way off base with Afghanistan-Boston tie-in

April 27, 2013|By Bill O'Reilly
    Shortly after the terror bombings in Boston last week, two different media people made statements that were alarming to say the least. Two days after the attack, McClatchy reporter Amina Ismail asked White House spokesman Jay Carney: "President Obama said that what happened in Boston was an act of terrorism. Do you consider the U.S. bombing on civilians in Afghanistan ... a form of terrorism?"

As usual, Carney didn't have an answer and referred the reporter to the Department of Defense.
    What Carney should have said is this: "Are you kidding me? U.S. policy in Afghanistan is designed to protect civilians, and thousands of our military people have been killed and wounded doing just that. Your question is an insult to them, to this country and to the intelligence of any sane person."
    That's what Carney should have said.
    Four days later, Tom Brokaw appeared on "Meet the Press." The former NBC News anchor has drifted sharply to the left with age, much like Walter Cronkite did. Amazingly, Brokaw equated drone warfare with the Boston bombings.
    "I think we also have to examine the use of drones, which the United States is involved in. There are a lot of civilians who are innocently killed in drone attacks in Pakistan, in Afghanistan and in Iraq," he said. "And I can tell you having spent a lot of time over there, young people will come up to me on the streets and say, 'We love America, but if you harm one hair on the head of my sister, I will fight you forever.' And there is this enormous rage against what they see in that part of the world as a presumptuousness of the United States."

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/201...-drone-attacks