Thread: Trump: Presumptive Nominee, and Prince song - Donald Trump (Black Version)

Trump: Presumptive Nominee, and Prince song - Donald Trump (Black Version)

Trump after New York: The presumptive nominee
    By Newt Gingrich - - Wednesday, April 20, 2016
    The scale of Donald Trump’s victory in New York turned him from frontrunner into presumptive Republican nominee.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...esumptive-nom/
    ---

What you might not know is that Prince wrote a song called “Donald Trump (Black Version),” performed by an R&B/funk group formerly called the Time. Here are some of the lyrics:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/meganapper/p...lar#.mk7ENkYLo

Honey, baby, you truly know it. (You truly know it.)
    You look good. Tryin’ your best to show it.
    If I were you, I would. True love and affection.
    These are nice (so nice), but when a money man walks in the room, girl,
    You look more than twice.
    You look once (you look twice). Can I rap to you, sugar, tonight?
    (chorus)
    Donald Trump (black version), maybe that’s what you need.
    A man that fulfills your every wish, your every dream.
    Donald Trump (black version), come on take a chance.
    A 1990s love affair, the real romance.

Just found the song, thought it was worth adding to Gingrich's article.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 04-22-2016 at 01:43 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump family values
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Donald Trump (black version), come on take a chance.

I read this earlier today trying to see what was in the news. I guess it was true. Song is kindof catchy.

There won't be a presumptive nominee this year. The campaigns will only have a limited say in the convention planning, unlike in past cycles where they really did have a presumptive nominee and gave their campaign control over the convention.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    There won't be a presumptive nominee this year. The campaigns will only have a limited say in the convention planning, unlike in past cycles where they really did have a presumptive nominee and gave their campaign control over the convention.
    I guess I should have posted the first part of Newt Gingrich's article since not everyone will read it:

The scale of Donald Trump’s victory in New York turned him from frontrunner into presumptive Republican nominee.

The vehemently anti-Trump faction of the party will reject this conclusion.

The news media will dither and analysts will knit pick.

The pseudo-sophisticated will point to the cleverness of stealing delegates legally pledged to Trump.

It is all baloney.
    [...continues]

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    I guess I should have posted the first part of Newt Gingrich's article since not everyone will read it:
    Show a realistic projection how and where he gets enough delegates to win on the first ballot.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic