Thread: Johnstown liquor store owner gets prison for hiding $3.2 million

Johnstown liquor store owner gets prison for hiding $3.2 million

Taxation is theft.

And why does she need mental health treatment?

A U.S. District Court judge in Denver has sentenced a Johnstown liquor store owner to 71 months in prison, and the woman who helped him hide $3.2 million from the IRS was ordered to spend 10 months on home detention and probation.

Judge Christine M. Arguello sentenced Alan Timothy Hershey, 50, of Gilcrest and Renee Molinar, 48, of Johnstown for conspiring to defraud the United States and tax evasion.

Hershey, owner of Johnstown Liquor, transferred the store on paper to Molinar in 2001, according to a news release from the U.S. attorney's office in Denver.

The pair used a point of sale record-keeping system at the store that was connected to the store's cash registers and accurately recorded the business's cash, check, and credit card receipts, the release said.

"Molinar would remove a certain amount of the cash receipts before preparing the deposit slips and give that cash to Hershey," it said.

They used a second set of books to conceal the removal of the cash receipts.

To conceal the gross receipts they were skimming from the store, Hershey used others to purchase two other liquor stores and a number of houses with the cash from Johnstown Liquor's gross receipts.

Hershey controlled the operations of the stores, and he and Molinar collected the rents from the houses. Hershey also ran Corona's and More, a liquor store in Bennett.

He failed to pay federal taxes on any of the four stores' $3.2 million in taxable income.

Hershey filed no federal income tax returns from 2001 through 2011, the release said.

He pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to defraud the United States and two counts of tax evasion.

Hershey was sentenced to serve 71 months in federal prison, followed by three years of supervised release, ordered to pay a fine of $100,000 and $1.8 million restitution to the IRS and the Colorado Department of Revenue.

"Hershey engaged in an intricate multiyear scheme to evade paying over $1 million in income tax owed under the law," said U.S. Attorney John Walsh. "Hershey deserves the stiff sentence he received because he not only defrauded the United States, he defrauded every other honest American taxpayer who works hard and pays taxes to support our country."

Molinar was sentenced Wednesday to three years of probation, 10 months of home detention and 100 hours of useful public service. She is required to undergo mental health treatment.
    http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...on-tax-evasion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Computer records........

The pair used a point of sale record-keeping system at the store that was connected to the store's cash registers and accurately recorded the business's cash, check, and credit card receipts, the release said.

Molinar was sentenced Wednesday to three years of probation, 10 months of home detention and 100 hours of useful public service. She is required to undergo mental health treatment.
    Tax evasion now requires "mental health treatment"?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Tax evasion now requires "mental health treatment"?
    Must be something wrong with you if you don't want to pay your fair share.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Was this one of my tips?? I need to check my records.

If so, I should be getting 15-30 percent of that action. Drinks are on me!!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

"Hershey deserves the stiff sentence he received because he not only defrauded the United States, he defrauded every other honest American taxpayer who works hard and pays taxes to support our country."

Alan and Renee were redistributing their own wealth just fine. What's the problem?
    Last edited by bunklocoempire; 04-22-2016 at 05:16 PM.
    Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
    "I think the propaganda machine is the biggest problem that we face today in trying to get the truth out to people."
    Ron Paul

Please watch, subscribe, like, & share, Ron Paul Liberty Report
    BITCHUTE IS A LIBERTY MINDED ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE SUBSIDIARY YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by bunklocoempire View Post
    Alan and Renee were redistributing their own wealth just fine. What's the problem?
    If everyone did what he did, there would be no government, no medicare, no medicaid, no military, no public schools, no EPA, no FDA, no patents, etc.

Now wouldnt that just be awful? <shudder>

Thank God most people pay their taxes!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Only mistake I see is he should have filed some income 2001 to 2011 , then they probably could have continued to get by with it .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Judge Christine M. Arguello sentenced Alan Timothy Hershey, 50, of Gilcrest and Renee Molinar, 48, of Johnstown for conspiring to defraud the United States
    Of course, nothing happens to the United States when us Mundanes get defrauded every day to the tune of billions a year.

STFU and move along, maggots.