Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rockstar Prince dies [Edit: Cause of death]

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Well , I meant to say his house is close to yours . That would be the proper way to say it because even if he is dead it is still his property .
    It's been raining a lot today but I didn't see any purple.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    It's been raining a lot today but I didn't see any purple.
    Our Lilac is blooming. Is that considered a purple?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's some music that I made that kind of sounds like a Prince song:

http://192.185.34.237/files/prince.mp3
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Our Lilac is blooming. Is that considered a purple?
    ETA: BTW, how do y'all pronounce "Lye-lack" up there. A Michigander was talking about the "Lye-Locks" and I had no idea what he was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    Here's some music that I made that kind of sounds like a Prince song:

http://192.185.34.237/files/prince.mp3
    When you can play guitar like this about the 6:15 mark I'll be impressed.

When you can play guitar like this about the 6:15 mark I'll be impressed.
    Yeah, not gonna happen.

Basic chords is the only thing that I can (barely) do on guitar.

You gotta admit that it's pretty groovy, though.

ETA: BTW, how do y'all pronounce "Lye-lack" up there. A Michigander was talking about the "Lye-Locks" and I had no idea what he was talking about.
    The North Men (othole - ke atuwa ) have a different language .
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-22-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    You gotta admit that it's pretty groovy, though.
    You nailed it. That was pretty much '80's pop to a tee.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    AIDS
    Sheriff says autopsy Fri

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I am a classically trained musician. Prince was influenced by many, many musicians and musical styles. He brought all those influences together and put out a sound that was both new and old. His musicianship was extraordinary. A lot of what he did was very in your face, but it is his stublety that made people do double takes and makes people see him as unique and fresh. As time goes on, I think musical history will remember him kindly and with some astonishment. He will be appreciated more in death than he ever was in life. He will never be copied. People will try, but they will never have his genius.

I'm not a fan, but I appreciate his contributions to music.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Everyone I know calls them "Lye-Lacks"... Different topic - Texans call their ponds "tanks" though. That and "waterburger" had me cornfused a bit. So I can relate.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Sorry Danke, I didn't see that posted.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Dick Gregory reminds me of Grady Wilson on mag-a-neese.

Gulag Chief:

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Everyone I know calls them "Lye-Lacks"... Different topic - Texans call their ponds "tanks" though. That and "waterburger" had me cornfused a bit. So I can relate.
    Yeah , I noticed in the Hill Country they call them stock tanks .

WTF is a "waterburger?"

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wolf Blitzer on the passing of Prince: "We all remember Purple Haze."

He died of an overdose. FLU is the cover story. TMZ reported he was hospitalized/ER for overdose last week.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

WTF is a "waterburger?"
    Exaaaactly!

For years I'd heard of this "waterburger" and then I found myself in the DFW area in 2004/2005, and there it was... Locals were looking at me like I was crazy when I exclaimed, "OH, its called WHAT-A-BURGER!".

Strange dialect, but really a fair burger.

Gulag Chief:

Stay tuned for some further potential Prince cause of death developments.

Why would a 57 year old multimillionaire die of the flu?
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 04-22-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Exaaaactly!

For years I'd heard of this "waterburger" and then I found myself in the DFW area in 2004/2005, and there it was... Locals were looking at me like I was crazy when I exclaimed, "OH, its called WHAT-A-BURGER!".

Strange dialect, but really a fair burger.
    Ohhh, makes sense now. Thanks. Lol.

Rest in Purple

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by undergroundrr View Post
    Wolf Blitzer on the passing of Prince: "We all remember Purple Haze."
    lol, Purple Haze, idiots...

This is typical sloppy/lazy reporting. Was watching FOX last night and they showed a clip of Prince playing While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Megan Kelly announcing this is from a tribute to the Beatles at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Are they really too lazy to report it was from George Harrison's solo induction into the hall of fame posthumously...
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    He died of an overdose. FLU is the cover story. TMZ reported he was hospitalized/ER for overdose last week.
    But he was Jehovah's Witness, and took his faith very seriously....he said in an interview he didn't take drugs of any kind. A friend is quoted in an article saying he never saw Prince take drugs or drink anything more than half a glass of white wine.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Hmm...He wouldn't even have hip surgery because it went against his religion. I am finding this story a bit of a reach for TMZ. If true, someone should investigate the doctor who prescribed him the drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    But he was Jehovah's Witness, and took his faith very seriously....he said in an interview he didn't take drugs of any kind. A friend is quoted in an article saying he never saw Prince take drugs or drink anything more than half a glass of white wine.
    "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to cajuncocoa again."

I owe you one, Cajun.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in divorce either. That could be the reason he never remarried. Poor guy. He was very private, so I guess I am happy that he is not around to witness the frenzy to pry into his private life.

Prince was very private and rarely did interviews. If he was on a TV show, it was often just for the performance and not for the sit down afterwards. Back in the 90's he had made friends with Arsenio Hall and eventually went on his show. I remember it was a big deal when he did the interview. This was also around the same time he had the dispute with the record company and changed his name to a symbol. Later in his career he sort of warmed up to the media, but not completely.

I read somewhere he would post up in his house and write a song every day. Probably tons of stuff he's never recorded.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast