Thread: John McAfee's choice of running mate, Judd Weiss, on why he and John make a good team.

John McAfee's choice of running mate, Judd Weiss, on why he and John make a good team.

Why I’m Supporting John McAfee As His Vice Presidential Running Mate

he rumors are true. A candidate for President, John McAfee, asked me to be his running mate, and I said let’s do it!

When I invited friends to meet John McAfee at a party at my house last Thursday, I promised a surprise announcement that would blow their minds, I think I delivered.

Why would I run for Vice President of the United States? Why the Libertarian Party?
    I’m happy to explain.

I’m pretty good with a camera, and over the last few years I’ve been flown out to shoot nearly every major conference and event in the wider liberty scene. I’ve seen pretty much the whole movement, even crossing behind enemy lines of some of the various warring factions, like no one else really has.

And I can say without reservation, the Libertarian Party is by far the biggest sinkhole of time, energy, money, resources, and emotion in the wider liberty scene. Useless would be an improvement for the Libertarian Party. There are inefficiencies in other organizations, but at least they’re working together cooperatively. The Libertarian Party has become the cage match arena to fight bitterly with other libertarians over positions of no power. I say this with a broken heart, as I’ve witnessed too many of my friends get sucked into petty squabbles and distracted from our wider goal. It’s embarrassing and frustrating.
    This movement has only so few resources, we have so many battles we need to take on outside the liberty scene. I dream of using the resources we have for something more meaningful than fighting with our friends and allies. We eat our own. And so among the wider liberty scene (let alone among the rest of the nation) the Libertarian Party is widely regarded as a joke.

That’s the good news.

We have nothing to lose.

This framework isn’t working for us. There are no rules we need to follow. We don’t need to play it safe.

Let’s do something different this time.
    My life is better when I help the people around me become better.

And that is the message I want us libertarians to communicate.

We’re here to bring people up. We want society to thrive, and that means we want individuals to thrive.

Liberty means: Don’t hurt people. Enjoy your life.
    Simple.

Liberty is important because it allows us to be human. Liberty allows us to grow and realize our potential.
    I can’t be my best self when I’m restricted. None of us can. In order for our society to flourish well we need to let go of our chains.

Those who do harm should be restricted.
    Those who do no harm should live free.
    I’m going to ask you to not vote for Gary Johnson as our Libertarian Party presidential nominee.

Gary Johnson was certainly the best option for the Libertarian Party in 2012. I don’t want a repeat of 2012. We know what we’re getting with Gary Johnson, we can see his speeches, his messaging doesn’t really connect with many people. We all see it. He’s not generating enough excitement and attention. And that’s ok, Gary is a truly incredible person, it doesn’t mean he needs to be incredible at everything.

Instead, I ask you to support a maniac.

If I work really hard at it for many years, someday maybe I hope to be half the maniac that is John McAfee. John McAfee is dynamic, he’s exciting, he’s fun, he’s bold as all hell. And people can’t turn their eyes away from him, wondering what this crazy bastard is going to do next.

McAfee is an impressive human, and a badass. He has so many incredible stories and achievements in his life, but he’s still pushing himself into more challenging adventures. I want to see a force of nature like McAfee go up against Trump and Hillary. I want to be excited about following this presidential race.

After watching the recent televised Libertarian debate on Stossel last Friday between Gary Johnson, John McAfee and Austin Peterson, the standout strengths of each of them crystallized for me.

Austin Peterson wins the high fluency factor.
    John McAfee wins the cool factor.
    Gary Johnson wins the credibility of previously being a governor factor.

Fluency and credibility are great, but we desperately need a cool frontrunner, for once. It’s an essential ingredient we’ve been missing for a long time. I can work with this.

McAfee might not be as advanced level fluent as some of us who’ve gone further down the rabbit hole, but he’s plenty fluent enough, and he’s got me on his team now, and I’m extremely fluent in these ideas. Expect further improvement from him here. And besides, sometimes it’s better not to have a theoretical mathematician teach basic algebra. Our role with this liberty outreach campaign will be to catch attention, turn heads, and introduce people to these ideas; then send people down the factory assembly line to other voices in the liberty movement for deeper digging. This is a good division of labor model for liberty advocacy, and we need someone people want to pay attention to at the front of it.
    No candidate is able to command the kind of media attention John commands.

John McAfee is clearly an eccentric character, and a bit rough around the edges. Find me any brilliant historical figure who wasn’t eccentric and rough around the edges. John McAfee is the eloquent badass, the sophisticated savage well suited to the new arena Trump has now established. Gary Johnson and Austin Peterson aren’t well suited for that environment. Neither was Rand Paul. Donald Trump smacked Rand Paul around in the debates, because Rand Paul was the patient intellectual in a gladiator arena with an ape. I’d like to see Trump try to intimidate a powerhouse like McAfee. This will make entertaining politics, which Trump has made abundantly clear is the sea we now swim in to catch the attention of the majority of the population that aren’t intellectual and not really interested in politics.

This is a protest campaign. McAfee and I won’t hide from our politically incorrect past, we’re not ashamed. We’re going bold. I’m unconventional, and this will be a thoroughly unconventional campaign. The themes we’ll be hitting are bold, edgy, inspiring, beautiful, and authentic. We’ll be targeting youth, pushing into different aspects of pop culture, and focusing on making the ideas of liberty as attractive, comfortable, and as simple to digest as possible to those who are previously unfamiliar or apathetic. I’m looking long term. I’m not going to promise the presidency, but we can turn a significant number of heads and seriously ramp up this protest, to build upon in the coming years. With McAfee at the forefront and the attention he can generate, with me as his teammate, we have the potential to blow past what any liberty campaign has achieved before, by multitudes. How much of that potential we actualize depends on hustle, and the amount of support we generate.
    Both John and I know the importance of liberty on a very personal level, by experiencing what hell is like when you lose liberty and justice.
    We’re a strong combo. McAfee and I can reach these people who are not us. McAfee and I can introduce these ideas. McAfee and I can send people to the other voices in scene for deeper digging.

With John McAfee the liberty movement now has their own Most Interesting Man In The World, mixed with a bit of James Bond adventure, mixed with genius Tech CEO, mixed with a well-spoken love for philosophy and a passion for liberty.

John McAfee is cool, he’s bold, he’s powerful, he’s eloquent, he’s brilliant, he’s a media figure, he’s entertaining, he’s likable. I’ve been a John McAfee fan long before he joined this party. I’ve been in this scene so long, we’ve never had an opportunity for someone like this to champion us.

If the Libertarian Party wants to play it safe right now with a tame safe candidate, Gary Johnson is clearly the best option.

If the Libertarian Party wants to be a bold exciting alternative in this election, John McAfee is the presidential nominee we can be excited about.
    Rad the whole article: http://hustlebear.com/2016/04/05/why...-running-mate/

Last edited by phill4paul; 04-19-2016 at 09:46 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Could not have said it better myself, this is what we need right now.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic