Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Campaign Evaluation: Darrell Castle (POTUS)

It's clear to me that Castle is the most pro Liberty candidate we have, so I'm not going to wait for the grade and will start promoting him now.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “Today I want to speak to you in defense of liberty and against tyranny. I speak for the republic and against the fascism that seems to be enveloping us. The general government was created by the sovereign states for a specific purpose; that purpose was to protect our God-given rights. Anything that runs afoul of that purpose is therefore illegal and unconstitutional. And since virtually everything this government does runs afoul of that purpose, virtually everything it does is illegal and unconstitutional.” -Castle

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Rules are for cucks.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    Can we finish this?
    Please? I need to know where to post Castle threads.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Darrell Castle Reminds Us Why He Is The Most Libertarian Presidential Candidate

On Monday August 29th, Darrell Castle conducted a live stream on Facebook in which he took the time to answers questions, address some misconceptions, and remind us why he is the most libertarian candidate running for President.

In this article, I will layout the 10 most libertarian moments from The Constitution Party candidate Darrell Castle’s live stream, in no particular order.

1.) He Is Not A Theocrat

Right off the bat in the first few minutes of his livestream, Mr. Castle dealt with his most common misconception. Due to his openness and unforgiving proclamation of his Christian faith, as well as some aspects of The Constitution Party’s platform, many think Darrell Castle would institute some kind of “Christian sharia law”, but the exact opposite is the truth. Castle is not running on his party’s platform, and in addressing this concern he said, “I believe in the Constitution, I believe in the 1st amendment. I believe people have the right to practice their own faith, or no faith if that’s their choice.”

2.) Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy

Castle was asked whether or not he was an isolationist, he replied by saying “We believe in trading with everyone. Everyone that wants to trade with us, everyone that wants to be friends. Trade makes you interact with other people, war doesn’t. Just because you oppose war and don’t want to go to war all over the world doesn’t make you an isolationist. Trading with people and being friends with people is what’s important.”

Which leads me to the next point…

3.) Pro-Free Trade

This is another common misconception of Mr. Castle. Although he has come out against trade deals such as TPP and NAFTA, Darrell Castle is very much pro-free trade and went on to state the benefits of having trade with countries like Cuba. What he is against are the insanely bureaucratic trade deals that masquerade as free trade. Mr Castle said it best himself, “I’m opposed to free trade agreements, for reasons I’ve stated many times. They transfer authority over trade to international bureaucracies that are not accountable to the American people.”

4.) Against The War On Drugs

On numerous occasions, Castle has talked about his disdain for the war on drugs, and this time was no different. In this instance he talked specifically about marijuana decriminalization. “I think it should be decriminalized. I don’t see sending people to prison for possessing that substance. It’s a liberty issue and it’s a moral issue to me.”

5.) On State Nullification

In regards to state nullification Mr. Castle said, “I’m in favor of it. I think it’s a great idea. I think more states should do it. You just need some Governors and some legislatures with a little guts.”

6.) Hates The Federal Reserve

Darrell Castle is a man of few words, the strong silent type, and when asked how he feels about the Federal Reserve he simply said, “I hate it and I think it should be gone”

Well said!

7.) Telling A Lot Of People They’re Fired

In an unintentionally hilarious moment, Castle was asked what his first act as president would be. He said, “There’s so many. The United Nations, The Federal Reserve, abortion. But telling a lot of people they’re fired would be number one.”

8.) Taxation Is Theft

You knew it had to come up at some point. In response to “Is taxation theft?” Darrell Castle gave the most libertarian answer, “Yes… theft is theft whether it’s done by majority vote or at the point of a gun in an alley somewhere.”

9.) A Fan Of Murray Rothbard and Ludwig Von Mises

This was hands down my favorite moment of the livestream. I knew Castle was good but not this good. A commenter asked him about Murray Rothbard and anarcho-capitalism, and he said “Well I’m a Von Mises person, I believe in the free market. So I read Murray Rothbard’s stuff and generally like it.”

Go Castle!

10.) His Love Of The Constitution

During his livestream, Darrell Castle was asked one of the easiest questions he could have received, “Would you be a better President than Trump?” to which he replied, “Yes I would. If I didn’t think so then I wouldn’t be doing this.” but he didn’t stop there. He went on to say “The Constitution is so very important. It’s so much more than just a piece of paper or a legal document. It is the charter of liberty…”

Watching his live stream, it reminded me why I’m supporting him. That despite some of his minor and shallow flaws, his struggle with ballot access, and lack of exposure, he holds liberty as a primary value in his campaign and his personal life. I’m confident that, if elected, Darrell Castle will uphold his oath to the Constitution and work diligently to protect the freedoms of the American people across the board. And with his administration, we’d see more liberty and prosperity in this country than with any of the other candidates. I’m unabashedly and without reservation going to cast my vote for Darrell Castle this November! #Castle2016

I suggest watching the entire livestream. He spoke of a lot that I was unable to list here, such as abolishing the Department of Education, abolishing the EPA, his opposition of mandatory vaccinations and much more! If you would like to know more about Darrell Castle’s campaign and how you can get involved then go to castle2016.com

http://libertyhangout.org/2016/08/da...ial-candidate/
    "The Patriarch"

On Monday August 29th, Darrell Castle conducted a live stream on Facebook in which he took the time to answers questions, address some misconceptions, and remind us why he is the most libertarian candidate running for President.
    I wonder what his username here is/was...

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I wonder what his username here is/was...
    He has libertarian positions so he must be a member, right?
    "The Patriarch"

Yeah, I saw that. It was pretty good stuff. Thank for posting it here. It's refreshing.

In this article, I will layout the 10 most libertarian moments from The Constitution Party candidate Darrell Castle’s live stream, in no particular order.

1.) He Is Not A Theocrat

Right off the bat in the first few minutes of his livestream, Mr. Castle dealt with his most common misconception. Due to his openness and unforgiving proclamation of his Christian faith, as well as some aspects of The Constitution Party’s platform, many think Darrell Castle would institute some kind of “Christian sharia law”, but the exact opposite is the truth. Castle is not running on his party’s platform, and in addressing this concern he said, “I believe in the Constitution, I believe in the 1st amendment. I believe people have the right to practice their own faith, or no faith if that’s their choice.”

2.) Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy

Castle was asked whether or not he was an isolationist, he replied by saying “We believe in trading with everyone. Everyone that wants to trade with us, everyone that wants to be friends. Trade makes you interact with other people, war doesn’t. Just because you oppose war and don’t want to go to war all over the world doesn’t make you an isolationist. Trading with people and being friends with people is what’s important.”

Which leads me to the next point…

3.) Pro-Free Trade

This is another common misconception of Mr. Castle. Although he has come out against trade deals such as TPP and NAFTA, Darrell Castle is very much pro-free trade and went on to state the benefits of having trade with countries like Cuba. What he is against are the insanely bureaucratic trade deals that masquerade as free trade. Mr Castle said it best himself, “I’m opposed to free trade agreements, for reasons I’ve stated many times. They transfer authority over trade to international bureaucracies that are not accountable to the American people.”

4.) Against The War On Drugs

On numerous occasions, Castle has talked about his disdain for the war on drugs, and this time was no different. In this instance he talked specifically about marijuana decriminalization. “I think it should be decriminalized. I don’t see sending people to prison for possessing that substance. It’s a liberty issue and it’s a moral issue to me.”

5.) On State Nullification

In regards to state nullification Mr. Castle said, “I’m in favor of it. I think it’s a great idea. I think more states should do it. You just need some Governors and some legislatures with a little guts.”

6.) Hates The Federal Reserve

Darrell Castle is a man of few words, the strong silent type, and when asked how he feels about the Federal Reserve he simply said, “I hate it and I think it should be gone”

Well said!

7.) Telling A Lot Of People They’re Fired

In an unintentionally hilarious moment, Castle was asked what his first act as president would be. He said, “There’s so many. The United Nations, The Federal Reserve, abortion. But telling a lot of people they’re fired would be number one.”

8.) Taxation Is Theft

You knew it had to come up at some point. In response to “Is taxation theft?” Darrell Castle gave the most libertarian answer, “Yes… theft is theft whether it’s done by majority vote or at the point of a gun in an alley somewhere.”

9.) A Fan Of Murray Rothbard and Ludwig Von Mises

This was hands down my favorite moment of the livestream. I knew Castle was good but not this good. A commenter asked him about Murray Rothbard and anarcho-capitalism, and he said “Well I’m a Von Mises person, I believe in the free market. So I read Murray Rothbard’s stuff and generally like it.”

Go Castle!

10.) His Love Of The Constitution

During his livestream, Darrell Castle was asked one of the easiest questions he could have received, “Would you be a better President than Trump?” to which he replied, “Yes I would. If I didn’t think so then I wouldn’t be doing this.” but he didn’t stop there. He went on to say “The Constitution is so very important. It’s so much more than just a piece of paper or a legal document. It is the charter of liberty…”

Watching his live stream, it reminded me why I’m supporting him. That despite some of his minor and shallow flaws, his struggle with ballot access, and lack of exposure, he holds liberty as a primary value in his campaign and his personal life. I’m confident that, if elected, Darrell Castle will uphold his oath to the Constitution and work diligently to protect the freedoms of the American people across the board. And with his administration, we’d see more liberty and prosperity in this country than with any of the other candidates. I’m unabashedly and without reservation going to cast my vote for Darrell Castle this November! #Castle2016

I suggest watching the entire livestream. He spoke of a lot that I was unable to list here, such as abolishing the Department of Education, abolishing the EPA, his opposition of mandatory vaccinations and much more! If you would like to know more about Darrell Castle’s campaign and how you can get involved then go to castle2016.com

http://libertyhangout.org/2016/08/da...ial-candidate/

He has libertarian positions so he must be a member, right?
    I have a hard time imagining somebody with such RonPaul-eque positions and explanations, that has been internet-literate for awhile, NOT having an account here sometime between 2007-2012. Before facebook took over so much chat type traffic.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I have a hard time imagining somebody with such RonPaul-eque positions and explanations, that has been internet-literate for awhile, NOT having an account here sometime between 2007-2012. Before facebook took over so much chat type traffic.
    Well, I agree it would be interesting to find out who if that is the case.
    "The Patriarch"

Well, I agree it would be interesting to find out who if that is the case.
    I did search the memberlist a couple weeks back to see if anything obvious stuck out, but didn't find any. didn't spend a lot of time on it though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic