Thread: Trump: Yep, My Kids Can't Vote for Me

Trump: Yep, My Kids Can't Vote for Me

Donald Trump conceded that his children Eric and Ivanka, who have thus far played prominent roles in his presidential campaign, were not aware of the party regulations in their home state of New York.

"They were unaware of the rules and they didn't register in time," Donald Trump admitted Monday morning on Fox and Friends. "So Eric and Ivanka, I guess, won't be voting."

"They feel very, very guilty. They feel very guilty. But it's fine. I understand that."

The two failed to meet the state’s deadline to register as Republicans for next week’s GOP primary in the state.

And the Trump kids might not be alone. According to a previous report at CR, strict regulations surrounding the Empire State’s closed primaries could do a lot of damage to the Trump campaign, which has banked a great deal of time and resources on the contest.

Strict voter registration rules for New York's primary could end up badly hurting Donald Trump. Voters previously unaffiliated with a political party were required to register with a party before Oct. 9th of last year in order to vote in this year's primary.

However, failing to register in her home state has not stopped Ivanka from encouraging others to do the same in other key primary states--such as Nevada and South Carolina--where she made tutorial videos instructing her father’s supporters to register by deadlines.

What this means is that--in addition to Eric and Ivanka Trump--recent converts to the the Trump camp will also not be able to vote for him on April 19th. According to a recent report at Yahoo News, of the businessman’s three oldest children, who have campaigned with and served as surrogates for their dad, only Donald J. Trump Jr. is a registered Republican.

The Trump campaign has been so heavily focused on generating a “bigger haul” of delegates in New York that the Donald completely blew off even visiting Colorado before its primary over the weekend.

In a Thursday night campaign conference call from Colorado Springs, Trump’s Senior Advisor Alan Cobb informed a group of supporters that the candidate would not be coming to the Centennial State before the state’s Republican presidential convention because New York “was a better use of his time.”

“What campaigns do is an allocation of resources and priorities,” said Cobb, explaining that the campaign “thought it was better for [Trump] to be in New York.”

For a candidate who has touted that he is supposedly “building a new Republican party" out of disaffected Democrats and Independents, banking so heavily on a closed primary state where 27 percent of potential voters are currently registered outside of both the Republican Democratic parties could prove to be an extremely costly gambit.
    https://www.conservativereview.com/c...nt-vote-for-me
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Glad that he's such a good republican the kids couldn't even be bothered to vote for him. Has any other recent candidate had family not allowed to vote for them?
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Obama. But they weren't old enough.

Cruz must have stolen their voter registration cards.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Ivanka is a liberal. It isn't surprising she isn't registered to vote in Republican primaries. She put on a fundraiser for Cory Booker's Senate run against Steve Lonegan. It is unfortunate though that she is unable to vote for her liberal Democrat father.

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    Ivanka is a liberal. It isn't surprising she isn't registered to vote in Republican primaries. She put on a fundraiser for Cory Booker's Senate run against Steve Lonegan. It is unfortunate though that she is unable to vote for her liberal Democrat father.
    She also just gave birth. I doubt the election was on her mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    Considering that your dad is only trying to "make American great again" and switching parties is so easy and simple that it can even be done online in most states. But hey, we can't expect children raised on peaceful parenting to do anything that takes any effort to "improve" society.

Also, what excuse do you have for the boys? were they also pregnant? personally I don't think anyone should waste any energy voting for Trump if not one of his 4 adult children can be bothered to make the effort to vote for him
    Last edited by juleswin; 04-12-2016 at 07:52 PM.

See if it makes ANY difference in the election outcomes, Donald.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jan2017

Trump kids can't vote for GOP in NY primary

The New York primary is limited to registered Republicans, and, although new voters could sign up until a couple of weeks ago,
    the deadline for someone who was already registered to change (or, for independents, to add) a party affiliation was last October,
    further limiting the pool.

That early date seems to have tripped up Ivanka and Eric Trump
    , who were registered to vote but not enrolled in the G.O.P.,
    and now can’t vote for their father on April 19.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/amy-davidson/ted-cruz-meets-new-york-values

New York obviously must be trying to cheat Trump out of his victory. Why should the winner have to have their potential voters register to vote? That is not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    New York obviously must be trying to cheat Trump out of his victory. Why should the winner have to have their potential voters register to vote? That is not fair.
    They were registered to vote. They were just registered as "unaffiliated" and New York makes you switch over to Republican absurdly early in order to vote in the GOP primary. Lot of New York Ron Paul supporters got screwed over by this too in previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    They were registered to vote. They were just registered as "unaffiliated" and New York makes you switch over to Republican absurdly early in order to vote in the GOP primary. Lot of New York Ron Paul supporters got screwed over by this too in previous years.
    Yup I was screwed out of it last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Strange. I live in NY and didn't seem to have any issues with the process in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    You mean she was isolated from social media, the mainstream media, and her family for 9~ months?

wow even ITA

However, failing to register in her home state has not stopped Ivanka from encouraging others to do the same in other key primary states--such as Nevada and South Carolina--where she made tutorial videos instructing her father’s supporters to register by deadlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    The New York primary is limited to registered Republicans, and, although new voters could sign up until a couple of weeks ago,
    the deadline for someone who was already registered to change (or, for independents, to add) a party affiliation was last October,
    further limiting the pool.

That early date seems to have tripped up Ivanka and Eric Trump
    , who were registered to vote but not enrolled in the G.O.P.,
    and now can’t vote for their father on April 19.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/amy-davidson/ted-cruz-meets-new-york-values

Let's see. Last October was 1) months after Donald Trump announced he was running for president and 2) months before Ivanka gave birth. Seems she had not excuse not to register as a republican to help dear old dad. But somehow I'm sure this is Ted Cruz' fault.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Wonders if there's ANYTHING the wanks won't wank about.

What next?

Five votes short of victory in NY… bummer. Stoopid kids.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How is that absurd ? The campaigns have already fired off [at the time of that deadline]. I take my hat off to NY for making such a smart decision. People who vote in primaries should at least know something about politics, in my humble opinion.

Oh and if you need time to pick which party you want to vote in... Don't vote.
    "I am a bird"

Yep. It's always the rules' fault. Good thing that when Trump is President, he will make up the rules as he goes along.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Glad that he's such a good republican the kids couldn't even be bothered to vote for him. Has any other recent candidate had family not allowed to vote for them?
    I seem to recall that Giuliani's kids were estranged.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yep. It's always the rules' fault. Good thing that when Trump is President, he will make up the rules as he goes along.
    In this case, yes, it is the rules fault. New York has very strange rules regarding primary voting and unless you knew about them previously you would likely get caught up by them. Ivanka was focused on other, more important things. Her individual vote for her father is irrelevant in the face of the tens if not hundreds of thousands of votes she has won him throughout the country acting as his surrogate.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic