View Poll Results: Who should the Libertarian Party nominate for President?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gov. James G. Janos

1 2.33%
  • Gov. Gary E. Johnson

6 13.95%
  • Mr. John D. McAfee (*)

20 46.51%
  • Mr. Darryl W. Perry

1 2.33%
  • Mr. Austin W. Petersen

8 18.60%
  • Mr. Lester N. Smith III

0 0%
  • Mr. Vermin L. Supreme

3 6.98%
  • Ms. Ivanka M. Trump

4 9.30%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Libertarian Party Presidential nomination poll

Libertarian Party Presidential nomination poll

Who should the Libertarian Party nominate for President?

(*) indicates the candidate is Constitutionally ineligible to actually serve as President.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulGeorge&Ringo View Post

(*) indicates the candidate is Constitutionally ineligible to actually serve as President.
    And why, in your opinion, is the candidate Constitutionally ineligible?

This isn't true. Rigged poll.

McAfee was born in the United Kingdom on September 18, 1945 or 1946[citation needed] on a U.S. Army base,[3] and raised in Salem, Virginia. He received both a bachelor's degree in mathematics and an honorary Doctor of Science from Roanoke College in 1967 and 2008, respectively.[4]

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And why, in your opinion, is the candidate Constitutionally ineligible?
    He's just making it up.

Wow, a lot of lies and treason being posted here by someone agitating against the Constitution.

Wow, a lot of lies and treason being posted here by someone agitating against the Constitution.
    Really? I've posted for years the definition of natural born.

Ivanka Trump, LOL

Trump, Trump, Trump

I dispute your footnote.

And I voted for McAfee.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Ivanka Trump, LOL

Trump, Trump, Trump
    (*) not eligible - mother is Czech.
    I dont think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president, he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. Hes the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

McAfee.

~ignoring asterisks~
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

I think either Gary Johnson or John McAfee would be good candidates and give the LP some positive footprint in the 2016 election cycle. GJ has more experience with government leadership and would likely be more attractive to independents I'm guessing. I personally like McAfee better, but I'm not sure if he is the wisest choice for the LP for strategic reasons.
    I compiled a "brief" history of events since October 2008 that are defining the global currency war and the role that gold is playing:

Tin Foil Hats, Economic Reality and the Total Perspective Vortex

Also, have you contacted your Congressional Rep and asked them co-sponsor Ron Paul's Rep. Paul Broun Jr.'s HR 1098 77: Free Competition in Currencies Act?

If it didn't matter for Goldwater or McCain, then it won't matter for McAfee.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Someone was bribed with a pony.

Ivanka Trump, LOL

Trump, Trump, Trump
    LOL. Well I guess since she's ineligible to vote for her daddie in the New York primary due to her own negligence that qualifies her to be the Libertarian nominee. Seriously though, is she even running for that?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I voted for Peterson. In the Stossel debate he gave the best answer as to why one should vote libertarian in November rather than Trump or Clinton. Actually all the answers were good.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Where is Rand Paul in this contrived poll? (Did the other people say that they were going to run with the LP?)

The pony would be fun, but even a little one requires too much space and upkeep.

I've been through the Portal and have discovered, "The cake is a lie!".
    So, lay down flat on the ground with your hands at your sides and assume the party position...

Make America cake again. Yes, I've voted TRUMP!

Trump
    Trump
    Trump

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, the treason caucus is strong here on RPF. UK-born McAfee was mostly included as a lark. We'll have to do another poll soon with only qualified candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by FindLiberty View Post
    Where is Rand Paul
    Sen. Randal Paul has pledged to support the Republican nominee.

Wow, the treason caucus is strong here on RPF. UK-born McAfee was mostly included as a lark. We'll have to do another poll soon with only qualified candidates.
    He was born on an american base with american blood. Both on American soil and by parentage.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 04-12-2016 at 11:29 AM.

As soon as the results don't look the way you want, you change the rules?

That's pretty classic Republican Party shenanigans, you know. Not sure why you even care who the LP candidate is, since you seem to have a home already.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    He was born on an american base to american citizens. Both on American soil and by parentage.
    This is interesting and I am still sussing through it. According to the DoD U.S. bases are American soil. According to the State Dept. they are not ( because 14th amendment). "Jus sanguinus" makes one a citizen. I don't know that it makes one "natural born" WRT "Jus soli." Still, digging, but I've got to run out and continue getting things taken care of around the house. Damn you life, damn you! Pay me to research damned you!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    LOL. Well I guess since she's ineligible to vote for her daddie in the New York primary due to her own negligence that qualifies her to be the Libertarian nominee. Seriously though, is she even running for that?
    It depends on how badly the Trump family wants Hillary in the White House.

Your new poll will be ignored by me.

Ivanka Trump, LOL

Trump, Trump, Trump
    Its a joke poll anyway (libertarian party lol) so may as well have some fun with it
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Rand Paul (Vice Pres) 2016!!!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is interesting and I am still sussing through it. According to the DoD U.S. bases are American soil. According to the State Dept. they are not ( because 14th amendment). "Jus sanguinus" makes one a citizen. I don't know that it makes one "natural born" WRT "Jus soli." Still, digging, but I've got to run out and continue getting things taken care of around the house. Damn you life, damn you! Pay me to research damned you!
    Not to interfere with you have life in the world but jus sanguinus goes back to english law before the constitution was signed. That means no statute was passed after the Constitution was signed - it was already defined as such. The english defined it as if the father, and later sometimes if the father and mother, were parents. Nowhere did it say anything about just the mother.

Most of the democrat lawyers in the link (and the links from that link) agree with me you need to go back to common law to see it defined.

Differences (with the democrat lawyers - who nevertheless say Cruz is ineligible - but will never be talking about McAfee):

Most of them say nothing about parentage. You always needed parentage. Anchor babies are a new invention. Slaves, indians, and foreigners never gave birth to americans just because they were born in the right place.

None of the talk about dual citizenship. Dual citizenship is excluded in common law - you were either one or the other.

If you were working for government it was considered differently than just being a civilian living overseas.

The big one. Under the original law, it was not the mother, it was the father - or later the father and mother, never the mother alone, where parentage mattered.

Only Cruz's mother was a citizen (if she remained one), born in Canada to a civilian, father fought for a hostile foreign power - Castro.
    Only Obama's mother was a citizen (if she remained one), might have been born in America? to a civilian, mother might have been a communist - hostile foreign power.
    McAfee was born to an American father (no data on when mother got citizenship), on a us base, while his father worked for the US government.

McAfee meets the original common law criteria because his *father* is a citizen, as well as being actively employed by the government, as well as the original intent of the phrase to keep out the influence of a foreign power.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 04-12-2016 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    Not to interfere with you have life in the world but jus sanguinus goes back to english law before the constitution was signed. That means no statute was passed after the Constitution was signed - it was already defined as such. The english defined it as if the father, and later sometimes if the father and mother, were parents. Nowhere did it say anything about just the mother.

Most of the democrat lawyers in the link (and the links from that link) agree with me you need to go back to common law to see it defined.

Differences (with the democrat lawyers - who nevertheless say Cruz is ineligible - but will never be talking about McAfee):

Most of them say nothing about parentage. You always needed parentage. Anchor babies are a new invention. Slaves, indians, and foreigners never gave birth to americans just because they were born in the right place.

None of the talk about dual citizenship. Dual citizenship is excluded in common law - you were either one or the other.

If you were working for government it was considered differently than just being a civilian living overseas.

The big one. Under the original law, it was not the mother, it was the father - or later the father and mother, never the mother alone, where parentage mattered.

Only Cruz's mother was a citizen (if she remained one), born in Canada to a civilian, father fought for a hostile foreign power - Castro.
    Only Obama's mother was a citizen (if she remained one), might have been born in America? to a civilian, mother might have been a communist - hostile foreign power.
    McAfee was born to an American father (no data on when mother got citizenship), on a us base, while his father worked for the US government.

McAfee meets the original common law criteria because his *father* is a citizen, as well as being actively employed by the government, as well as the original intent of the phrase to keep out the influence of a foreign power.
    Understood. As I said am still sussing it out. Had I been born on a foreign base as opposed to an U.S. continental base, by an American father and mother, I don't see how that should make me ineligible from seeking POTUS. But, it is an interesting subject that involves deeper digging. Danke provided Vattel as a source. I also want to look into Blackstone.

Understood. As I said am still sussing it out. Had I been born on a foreign base as opposed to an U.S. continental base, by an American father and mother, I don't see how that should make me ineligible from seeking POTUS. But, it is an interesting subject that involves deeper digging. Danke provided Vattel as a source. I also want to look into Blackstone.
    Yeah, can't possibly be that way even if someone could make the case that it is. That would mean that military men and women serving overseas would have to give up the possibility of their offspring ever becoming President... as a pre-requisite to serving their country... Yeah, no court would ever agree to that interpretation.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    (*) not eligible - mother is Czech.
    The mother's alleged nationality doesn't matter under natural law, as long as the father is legal and known to be the father.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    military men and women serving overseas would have to give up the possibility of their offspring ever becoming President.
    A standing imperial overseas army is repugnant, antithetical, and foreign to America's rightful republican values.

A standing imperial overseas army is repugnant, antithetical, and foreign to America's rightful republican values.
    Completely besides the point and not relevant to this conversation at all.

Are you telling me that if a general was off fighting a war against an aggressor and his wife bore a child at a base that that child could never become President because it was somehow not a natural-born citizen of the country for whom his father was fighting?! Yeah... no.

(Seriously, these Trump guys are all screwed up. Their blind allegiance is screwing with their heads.)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic