Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My take on Trump after Ron Paul 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    @Mordan I hear you and agree with you, but you must understand the people posting against you in this thread are "purists", they would rather have Trump lose the RNC/GOP, and have them run some loser against Hillary and down goes the country even further.
    No we aren't.

It's not that Trump isn't pure enough. It's that he's positively the very opposite of everything we stand for. And he's clearly a greater enemy to freedom than Cruz is. There is no conceivable excuse for supporting him on the basis of any policies.

I can see the contrarian perspective of just wanting to hurt other political enemies and seeing Trump as a way to do that. But to favor him as somehow running on a platform we should support is ridiculous.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Source? I thought that was the bone of contention, but can't find a definitive write-up about it.

All I'm seeing is the "Trump is threatening violence!" narrative by the msm.

What I have read is Trump spokesmen saying they never planned on spending resources on CO anyway. That would mean all the "we got cheated!" bluster is just to fire up the troops for the next one (which is smart).
    http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/CO-R

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    No we aren't.

It's not that Trump isn't pure enough. It's that he's positively the very opposite of everything we stand for. And he's clearly a greater enemy to freedom than Cruz is. There is no conceivable excuse for supporting him on the basis of any policies.

I can see the contrarian perspective of just wanting to hurt other political enemies and seeing Trump as a way to do that. But to favor him as somehow running on a platform we should support is ridiculous.
    Trump has the best people and the best words. That's all you need to know.

If he had the best people OR the best words, we might need to reconsider - but that's not the case.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    The people still posting on RPF are in basically 2 camps now "Purists" and "Strategists", and Bryan seems to be favoring the purists now
    That's not accurate, if you look at our candidate evaluation system it recognizes three major classifications of candidates, a "Mission Supporting" (purist), a "Defensive / Strategic Purpose Candidate" and a "Non-Supporting Candidate". So we support the idea of non-purist strategy in elections, but that doesn't mean that everyone should fall into a strategy category as a default.

See:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...luation-System
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @erowe1

And he's clearly a greater enemy to freedom than Cruz is.
    Are you 100% sure about that ?
    Trump is an actor playing out a role with great success, Cruz is a lying adulterer, a slimy snake in the grass, who stole more of Rand Pauls base than Trump did. And Cruz is going to get wiped out in the General, because at least 30% of GOP voters won't support him against Hillary/Sanders
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Cruz is a lying adulterer, a slimy snake in the grass, who stole more of Rand Pauls base than Trump did
    All that may be true. But compared to Trump, he's a saint.

Really? Ask Ben Carson.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    And they got the same troll treatment that you and your fellow Trump trolls get. Except you are all butt hurt about it.
    Yup, to a certain extent I supported OWS. Strategically. And got $#@! for it. But, because I wasn't wedded to the strategy it was water off a duck's back.

I agree. I was behind Ron Paul. I wrote for several of the same publications he has written for. I remember Trump being very insulting to Paul at a CPAC event.

But In Trump, we have the ideal of a citizen president, one who comes from the private sector and returns afterwards. We have someone with no ties to the military industrial complex. We have a successful businessman who hasn’t thought too much about political philosophy. So, relative to most politicians, we have someone whose philosophy can still be shaped.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I am so $#@!ing tired of hearing this lie you trump supporters tell us. It has been proved Trump supported both the Iraq wars and the Libyan wars from the beginning. That is NOT non interventionist.
    + Rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Meritocrat View Post
    But In Trump, we have the ideal of a citizen president, one who comes from the private sector and returns afterwards. We have someone with no ties to the military industrial complex. We have a successful businessman who hasn’t thought too much about political philosophy. So, relative to most politicians, we have someone whose philosophy can still be shaped.
    Oh geez.

What we really have in Trump is someone without a political philosophy at all. Someone who seeks power for the sake of power. So, relative to most politicians, we have someone who doesn't cloak his authoritarianism in a coherent philosophy - only populism. This is not a philosophy that can be shaped. If you are considering for even a minute that somehow Trump will "get religion" at some point and embrace liberty, you are clearly blinded. He has tapped into your wishful thinking and you are projecting onto him what you want to believe.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    That's not accurate, if you look at our candidate evaluation system it recognizes three major classifications of candidates, a "Mission Supporting" (purist), a "Defensive / Strategic Purpose Candidate" and a "Non-Supporting Candidate". So we support the idea of non-purist strategy in elections, but that doesn't mean that everyone should fall into a strategy category as a default.

See:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...luation-System
    I know that you are trying to establish some kind of coherent organization, but that thread actually proves nothing.

All it really amounts to is a way for some people to re-enforce some pre-conceived notions that they have.

I'm glad that you seem to be allowing people to just argue whatever it is that they believe (for the most part), because I'm pretty sure that remains as the best way for people to figure out the truth (whatever that might be exactly).
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Colorado actually did have a vote. Trump supporters didn't show up because the official campaign dropped the ball, or just didn't care.
    Stop with this ^^ nonsense. Hate with facts and stop making $#@! up to suit your "I hate everyone who isn't me" meme.

"I likes me some Cruz and hates me some Trump"

OK, I'm ready to vote now, or are we staying home that day, or are we writing in Santa Claus… I forget?

Quote Originally Posted by Bossobass View Post
    Stop with this ^^ nonsense. Hate with facts and stop making $#@! up to suit your "I hate everyone who isn't me" meme.
    I don't hate anyone. You should read more and post less.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

To the OP:

Seems your "single issue" is deporting 12-20 illegal immigrants and love Trump's idea of having a deportation force that would put the SS and Gestapo to shame. By definition, they would be kicking in door after door, ripping families apart, and sending them back to a country many of whom have not been to for decades... and this would take YEARS and BILLIONS of dollars. Seems you also support Trump's plan for building a wall at the border and using the PATRIOT Act, Anti-Terrorism Statutes, and executive authority to unilaterally decide who can send THEIR MONEY to who, in order to coerce Mexico to pay for it....

Seems you also think murdering innocent family members of terrorists is just fine and that torture is A-OK...

You must also agree that internment camps under FDR are wonderful and should be a model for dealing with Muslim Americans...

You are NO FRIEND OF LIBERTY. Quick trying to portray yourself as such.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    To the OP:

Seems your "single issue" is deporting 12-20 illegal immigrants and love Trump's idea of having a deportation force that would put the SS and Gestapo to shame. By definition, they would be kicking in door after door, ripping families apart, and sending them back to a country many of whom have not been to for decades... and this would take YEARS and BILLIONS of dollars. Seems you also support Trump's plan for building a wall at the border and using the PATRIOT Act, Anti-Terrorism Statutes, and executive authority to unilaterally decide who can send THEIR MONEY to who, in order to coerce Mexico to pay for it....

Seems you also think murdering innocent family members of terrorists is just fine and that torture is A-OK...

You must also agree that internment camps under FDR are wonderful and should be a model for dealing with Muslim Americans...

Don't forget, he wants to do all that, then bring them back rapidly.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

To the OP:

wrong wrong and wrong. You make assumptions. I feel like I'm talking to a liberal troll. The same trolling the liberal MSN does on Trump. They call him Nazi for all sort of wrong reasons. You act like them, like those who trolled Ron Paul with many names.
    @jllundqu I saw you yesterday shoot that duck. You are a Nazi. You are not a friend of Liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    wrong wrong and wrong. You make assumptions. I feel like I'm talking to a liberal troll. The same trolling the liberal MSN does on Trump. They call him Nazi for all sort of wrong reasons. You act like them, like those who trolled Ron Paul with many names.
    @jllundqu I saw you yesterday shoot that duck. You are a Nazi. You are not a friend of Liberty.
    I bring up ACTUAL TRUMP POSITIONS and you start calling me a Nazi... who's the liberal troll? LMAO @Mordan
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

- Diogenes of Sinope

I bring up ACTUAL TRUMP POSITIONS and you start calling me a Nazi... who's the liberal troll? LMAO @Mordan
    it was sarcasm. you implied like the Liberal MSN that Trump is a Nazi because you are using words like Gestapo and SS to discredit me and anyone that supports Trump.
    Typically liberal.

It is not worth arguing with people like that.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    it was sarcasm. you implied like the Liberal MSN that Trump is a Nazi because you are using words like Gestapo and SS to discredit me and anyone that supports Trump.
    Typically liberal.

It is not worth arguing with people like that.
    I think what he was trying to say is that Trump's camp is worse than the Gestapo and SS.

To the OP:

Trump didn't say that.

Tell me, are you for allowing crimigrants to stay in our country, sucking at the government teat and encouraging more and more to illegally enter? Because I am thinking that those who are, should be responsible for those who are murdered and maimed at their hands, not to mention responsible for the money they cost each of us.

Because if you do stand for it, you are no friend of liberty, either.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Meet Trump’s Deportation Force Superhero Team!
    Zack Zagranis PUBLISHED November 12, 2015

Deportation Force

Wednesday morning, Donald Trump stated on MSNBC that he would address illegal immigration with his own “deportation force.” Now, Trump has teamed up exclusively with Marvel Comics to bring “Deportation Force” to life as a comic book! The series follows a team of four superheroes on a mission to round up every illegal alien in the US and send ‘em packing. Runt Of The Web has an exclusive first look at the team!

The Billionaire – A character based on Trump himself, the Billionaire has sworn to use his vast fortune to help rid America of “The Evil Mexicans/Rapists” and any other undocumented immigrants who oppose him.

Powers – Money, superior wall building skills, and the Comb-Over of Doom.

Battle Cry – “Let’s make America great again,” “Deportation Force, Assemble!”

Tea-Party Monster – The team’s muscle, Tea-Party Monster is a hulking behemoth of intolerance and ignorance; a lethal combination for his foes. Lurks in comment sections and family barbecues.

Powers – The Tea-Party Monster gets stronger the angrier he gets about taxes and the government. The quickest way to fire him up is to tell him Fox News is biased, or tag him in a post about the 50 Cutest Gay Weddings on Facebook.

Battle Cry – “ Tea-Party Monster crush puny liberals, want small government with large involvement!”

Captain Conservative – A humanoid created by combining the DNA of Ronald Reagan and Rush Limbaugh, Captain Conservative is a hero to oppressed, white, Christian males and unborn babies of America. The Captain won’t rest until the country is safe for decent, God-fearing whites, even if it means he has to drag every damn Mexican back over the border himself.

Powers – Captain Conservative has no super powers per-se, but he’s good at kicking people once the Tea-Party Monster knocks them down.

Battle Cry – “If you don’t like it here, LEAVE!”

Minorigirl – Minorigirl is the token minority of Deportation Force. Her presence proves that the other three members aren’t racists or misogynists. How could they be, if they have a black woman on the team? Though none of the rest of them would actually vote for her, she’s doing good things for their image.

Powers – Gives other Deportation Force members ability to say “I have black friends”; flight.

Battle Cry: “ALL Lives Matter.”
    http://runt-of-the-web.com/meet-trum...superhero-team

Cute.

An alternative would be to deport them as they present themselves. Now, it's just catch and release.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Trump didn't say that.

Tell me, are you for allowing crimigrants to stay in our country, sucking at the government teat and encouraging more and more to illegally enter? Because I am thinking that those who are, should be responsible for those who are murdered and maimed at their hands, not to mention responsible for the money they cost each of us.

Because if you do stand for it, you are no friend of liberty, either.
    I've posted MANY threads on what I think the solution to the illegal immigration problem in this country should be. Complicated (I used to work for US Immigration) but here is the basic summary:

1. Deport criminal aliens (ones in US Jails, prisons, and those we know have a criminal record but released by ICE)
    2. Give Remaining Illegal Aliens in the US a choice: Option A - If they want US Citizenship, they can self deport to country of origin, then apply for LEGAL entry at the end of the line (after fines and taxes, etc.)

-- OR --

3. Amend the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) so If they want to stay in the country, they can be given lawful permanent residency (LPR Status) but will NEVER BE ALLOWED to become US Citizens (Can't vote, own firearms, etc). This would also keep them deportable so if they commit crimes while here under LPR status, they will still be deported.

Chain migration, visa waivers, etc would all have to be changed, but this is the nuts and bolts of it.

Doing the above would solve all the current problems WITHOUT having to recruit a "Deportation Force" that would forcibly remove tens of millions of people from the US. But I wouldn't expect a Trump supporter to think about actual policy positions like the above....
    Last edited by jllundqu; 04-13-2016 at 05:28 PM.

- Diogenes of Sinope

I've posted MANY threads on what I think the solution to the illegal immigration problem in this country should be. Complicated (I used to work for US Immigration) but here is the basic summary:

1. Deport criminal aliens (ones in US Jails, prisons, and those we know have a criminal record but released by ICE)
    2. Give Remaining Illegal Aliens in the US a choice: Option A - If they want US Citizenship, they can self deport to country of origin, then apply for LEGAL entry at the end of the line (after fines and taxes, etc.)

-- OR --

3. Amend the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) so If they want to stay in the country, they can be given lawful permanent residency (LPR Status) but will NEVER BE ALLOWED to become US Citizens (Can't vote, own firearms, etc). This would also keep them deportable so if they commit crimes while here under LPR status, they will still be deported.

Chain migration, visa waivers, etc would all have to be changed, but this is the nuts and bolts of it.

Doing the above would solve all the current problems WITHOUT having to recruit a "Deportation Force" that would forcibly remove tens of millions of people from the US.
    I was actually going to say something positive about what you wrote, and then you had to post this. vv

But I wouldn't expect a Trump supporter to think about actual policy positions like the above....
    Was an insult really necessary?
    ================

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Let's please keep this civil and not make personal accusations. Excellent points can be made without declaing what someone is or isn't.

This is a dicy discussion, but it can be done respectfully. Thanks.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    I am so $#@!ing tired of hearing this lie you trump supporters tell us. It has been proved Trump supported both the Iraq wars and the Libyan wars from the beginning. That is NOT non interventionist.
    This
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    That is a pretty spot on observation. However this forum is not a good indication of "Ron Paul supporters" as a whole. There just happens to be a small loud contingent of Trump hater spammers here. Some may or may not be Paul supporters at all and some I suspect are actually being paid.
    I meant to neg. Rep you. But none the less this statement is beyond ridiculous.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

I was with Ron Paul since 2008 and 2012. I loved him and lost friendships because of him. He was great but lacked what Trump has.
    Specifically, corruption.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic