Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery box on neighborhood power pole belongs to ATF

Thumbs down Mystery box on neighborhood power pole belongs to ATF

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not even a sentence, let alone a paragraph.

TS;dr

TS;dr

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

TS;dr
    Http
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Damn...I wonder how many of these things are planted around.

PHOENIX - The bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives came forward Thursday, admitting that a box spotted and removed from an SRP power pole on 21st and Glendale avenues belonged to them and was part of an ongoing investigation.

ATF officials would not elaborate on the investigation and would not say if they were conducting surveillance in the area.

"I don't feel safer," said Brian Clegg, who called ABC15 about the box on the power pole behind his house.

Clegg was suspicious there could be cameras installed in the boxes but ATF would not confirm that.

"I feel that my privacy has been violated," said Clegg. "It's right behind my house."

There are homes, a high school, an apartment complex and a strip mall in the area. The strip mall has a salon, pet grooming store, alterations business, ammunition store and a barber shop.

"It makes me feel like they're up to something grimy," said Kevin Moreno who is a manager at the barber shop.

SRP tells ABC15 they had no idea the box was installed on their power pole. They said ATF has to notify them or work with them if they have an object on their property.

ATF tells ABC15 depending on the investigation and security they can put security measures in place without permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

The ATF needs to be abolished.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Maybe the ATF mystery box contains some alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. Sounds like a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Maybe the ATF mystery box contains some alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. Sounds like a party.
    If only...
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Who cares?

It's to keep us safe.

Why do you hate AmeriKa?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Who cares?

It's to keep us safe.

Why do you hate AmeriKa?
    Ahh yes, for a minute there I forgot how much danger I'm in. Thank you, ATF, for protecting me with cameras from the alcohol, tobacco, and firearms.

Ahh yes, for a minute there I forgot how much danger I'm in. Thank you, ATF, for protecting me with cameras from the alcohol, tobacco, and firearms.
    Rightthink.

I will be sure to report it.

Isn't it now the ATFE?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

There are homes, a high school, an apartment complex and a strip mall in the area. The strip mall has a salon, pet grooming store, alterations business, ammunition store and a barber shop.
    And they say that people who worry about the government going after their guns are paranoid. Watch out for strange boxes!
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Why do you hate AmeriKa?
    Too many beaners. I'm heading up north before Kanada builds a wall and makes me pay for it.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Isn't it now the ATFE?
    The "E" is for elan.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Isn't it now the ATFE?
    The E is for explosives. This party planning box just keeps getting better and better. YEEHAW!

The E is for explosives. This party planning box just keeps getting better and better. YEEHAW!
    It's starting to sound like redneck New Years.

Isn't it now the ATFE?
    No. It's BATFE. Bureau is up front. And they did add the E a while back for explosives.

But it should be nothing.

Considering I own the light pole in front of my house (they actually tried to have me pay extra for the light on it, but I talked them out of that. But that is another story), if they put one on it, I'll just take it down and do what I love to do....tinker.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

I have seen these in TN. About 6 years ago my neighbor watched them install a transformer on a pole that went to no house or building. He told me about it so I drove by to check it out. It had a tinted camera slot but otherwise looked like a legit transformer without all the wires connecting it to anything. It was on the street in front of a well known drug house

Mystery box - - - belongs to ATF

OK. That mystery solved.

Why is it allowed to remain?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Mystery box - - - belongs to ATF

OK. That mystery solved.

Why is it allowed to remain?
    I don't live in that state.

My ladder is too short.

I'm too old.

The Sun is in my eyes.

The BATFE will shoot me down like a dog.

Etc.

I don't live in that state.

My ladder is too short.

I'm too old.

The Sun is in my eyes.

The BATFE will shoot me down like a dog.

Etc.
    It would be a local issue,, for locals to address.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Since when does ATF do ANYTHING to proper spec?

Liars.

Glendale may not be Scottsdale, but last I checked, those people have rights as well.

As for SRP, I'd be well-pissed and would have my men checking poles and immediately removing and confiscating all foreign equipment. When ATF would demand it returned I would tell them that it's been disposed of and to go pound salt up their bootholes.

But few fight back and that is why Theye get away with all the crime they do. And what about all those wonderful and brave Americans whose opinion is that it's OK if "government" says it is needed. Those are the people who, in the wake of a civil war, I would march on to cattle cars and ship them to Canada with the message that if you are caught on American soil hereafter, you will be shot on sight and please do have a nice life in the Great White North. Oh, I'd do the same with the southern border, adding my warning to MX that Mexico City would be obliterated if they so much as make even a single squeak.

Yes yes, it's mostly bitter sarcasm, but not 100% in terms of my personal sentiment. I am not sure what one does with such cowardly, corrupt, and willfully idiotic people. But the disgust I feel for them is barely defined by limit. I am still attempting to work out why brave and diligent and courageous men should tolerate the presence of despicable corrupt cowards who demand their idiocies. When you ship them away or kill them off, you become tyrants. When you tolerate them, you, and with you your posterity, are consumed in the flames of their parasitic stupidity.

Truly, entropy shall win the day at its end. How depressing it THAT?
    Last edited by osan; 04-11-2016 at 08:53 AM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Truly, entropy shall win the day at its end. How depressing it THAT?
    There needs to be a law against that...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    There needs to be a law against that...
    Life is the anti entropic force of the universe.

loveshiscountry

To the ATF, isn't an investigation where they go in, bulldoze and start shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by loveshiscountry View Post
    To the ATF, isn't an investigation where they go in, bulldoze and start shooting?
    I think that's more like the FBI. The BATFE goes in, starts shooting, and gets killed.

The box is numbered 208, so I'd say at least another 207 of them.
    Been a long time....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast