Thread: Block v Wenzel debate if libertarians should support Trump

Thumbs up Block v Wenzel debate if libertarians should support Trump

Cool debate for my libertarians (and not-so-libertarians)around here.

http://tomwoods.com/podcast/ep-636-l...e/?omhide=true
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good points - many are my reasons for supporting "Trump as the GOP nomination"

Here's that same debate up on YT

Is there anything in there about their desire to be openly racist? I'm just curious because I listened to Woods and Lew and that's all they pretty much talked about on one of the shows. They wish that they could be openly discriminating.

I want a redo. Its a shame we can't have a vote of no confidence and keep it up until they present us with acceptable choices for president. I know the oligarchs/plutocrats are considering some shenanigans to nominate someone like Paul Ryan.

Great debate. But then, I've been for Donald Trump all along... I LIKE his flexibility, I really think he will change to whatever will work best on any issue, and yeah, he's not sure himself... yet... but at least he'll try to do it. All the others will be following the agenda of the banks who own them, except maybe Bernie but I don't really see him going anywhere - I hope!
    I see Hillary stealing it and all Bernie's supporters, feeling cheated, will either vote against Hillary or not vote. Like we felt about Romney in 2012 except Hillary's cheating is much more in-the-face obvious!

I can kinda see the point, if ya just want to screw with the GOP elite a bit.

I think the libertarians should support the LP nominee. If the LP put forth a non-wacko respectable candidate like Johnson, they have a real chance to build their party. With GOP dissatisfaction over Trump enough could cross over and vote LP to get the 5% and qualify the LP for matching funds.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    I think the libertarians should support the LP nominee. If the LP put forth a non-wacko respectable candidate like Johnson, they have a real chance to build their party. With GOP dissatisfaction over Trump enough could cross over and vote LP to get the 5% and qualify the LP for matching funds.
    There is never a nominee of the libertarians. Only the statists have nominees. 'Libertarian Party' is merely one more oxymoron.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    There is never a nominee of the libertarians. Only the statists have nominees. 'Libertarian Party' is merely one more oxymoron.
    Uh huh, comments like this are why the LP never gets anywhere. Circular firing squad...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh huh, comments like this are why the LP never gets anywhere. Circular firing squad...
    Only for those disgruntled, frustrated, limited government GOP conservative escapees, that form the bulk of the LP (oxymoron) membership and voters.

The real libertarians have many more worthwhile alternative activities to pursue.

It's much easier to turn an activist into a libertarian, than it is to turn a libertarian into an activist.

One more reason 3rd parties have such a hard time getting traction- Even many self proclaimed Libertarians debate over which mainstream trash they will cast their vote for. *facepalm*

Where's the case for Libertarians supporting... hmm.. I dunno... A LIBERTARIAN FOR $#@!S SAKE? Sorry, it just gets irritating after a while.

Libertarians for Trump. Rolls eyes... cajun had the best take down of Trump in the campaign evaluation`

So putting forward someone who supports open borders with Mexico will appeal to the millions of dissatisfied voters within the GOP and help the libertarian party achieve the 5% threshold?

It's like you haven't been paying attention to this entire election cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    One more reason 3rd parties have such a hard time getting traction- Even many self proclaimed Libertarians debate over which mainstream trash they will cast their vote for. *facepalm*

Where's the case for Libertarians supporting... hmm.. I dunno... A LIBERTARIAN FOR $#@!S SAKE? Sorry, it just gets irritating after a while.
    If the system wasn't so obviously rigged, plenty of people would take it seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

"matching funds" are a quandary for most of us
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    So putting forward someone who supports open borders with Mexico will appeal to the millions of dissatisfied voters within the GOP and help the libertarian party achieve the 5% threshold?

It's like you haven't been paying attention to this entire election cycle.
    If they hated brown people, they were with Trump who pretends to hate brown people for votes.

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    "matching funds" are a quandary for most of us
    I think they should take the matching funds. It's their money, take from them via taxation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Correction: There is a nominee of libertarians. Just not anarchists.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If they hated brown people, they were with Trump who pretends to hate brown people for votes.
    This is a tactic of the ADL. You are better than that.

What people are against is the illegal alien invasion of our country. Crimigrants.

I think they should take the matching funds. It's their money, take from them via taxation.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post

Who would that be? Is the color of the beanie the thing? Do you remember how Johnson stuck his foot in it last time he ran regarding when he would go to war? He looked like a fool.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    This is a tactic of the ADL. You are better than that.

What people are against is the illegal alien invasion of our country. Crimigrants.
    No, I'm not better than that.

I think Trump is a typical northeastern liberal from NYC who is now pretending to be a bigot who hates messicans to get votes and discredit the GOP. The mouth breathers are eating it up. Maybe how far Trump has gotten in the primary was unexpected by Trump and his handlers.

There is a damn good chance I am right about all this, but we'll never know.

Personally if I was potus, I would give all the illegals a green card and let them stay, but give them no entitlements until citizenship via the existing process.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Correction: There is a nominee of libertarians. Just not anarchists.
    There is a Libertarian nominee, but not a libertarian nominee.
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic