Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump goes after UN as well as NATO

Trump goes after UN as well as NATO

Donald Trump Says NATO is ‘Obsolete,’ UN is ‘Political Game’

In Wausau, Mr. Trump also turned his attention to the United Nations, warning that it could meet a fate similar to NATO under a Trump administration. “By the way, United Nations — same thing, smaller numbers,” he said, seeming to call for a pared-down version of the intergovernmental organization.

“Where do you ever see the United Nations?” Mr. Trump continued. “Do they ever settle anything? It’s just like a political game. The United Nations — I mean the money we spend on the United Nations.”
    http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...nato-broke-up/
    George Washington on Entangling Alliances:
    It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world; so far, I mean, as we are now at liberty to do it; for let me not be understood as capable of patronizing infidelity to existing engagements. I hold the maxim no less applicable to public than to private affairs, that honesty is always the best policy. I repeat it, therefore, let those engagements be observed in their genuine sense. But, in my opinion, it is unnecessary and would be unwise to extend them.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If that is what he said he is right.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

They both are up to no good and really suck, big time.

Quote Originally Posted by puppetmaster View Post
    If that is what he said he is right.
    Yeah, but Drumpf will say the complete opposite next week. He tends to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty View Post
    Yeah, but Drumpf will say the complete opposite next week. He tends to do that.
    Which is infinitely better than someone who will say every week that they want to expand NATO and/or have it charge into yet another optional war.

Like it or not, if you are anti-war, Trump is the best thing on the menu right now. Even Sanders is for "humanitarian intervention", which of course is the premise that has gotten us into every war we've been in post-Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Like it or not, if you are anti-war, Trump is the best thing on the menu right now. Even Sanders is for "humanitarian intervention", which of course is the premise that has gotten us into every war we've been in post-Vietnam.
    I am anti-war, and have opposed, and protested, every war since I discovered, as a kid, that the US government lied to the American people to get the public to support "Operation Desert Storm" in the 1990s. I would never vote for Trump, who has stated he is "the most militaristic person", who supported the Iraq War, who supported invading Syria, who wanted to bomb the oil fields in Iraq to go after ISIS, who supported stopping Iran's nuclear program "by any means necessary", who called for a "pre-emptive strike on North Korea", etc, etc.

I'll take former pacifist Sanders any day over warmonger Trump. Though I'm planning to vote Third Party.

From my POV if Trump moves to defund and scrap NATO that power has to go somewhere which is most likely the UN, now if he wants to do that to the UN too, and make it go the way of the League Of Nations....trust me on this one, he will never be President.
    But if he wants the UN to get power to be the world policeman so he can focus exclusively on rebuilding America, and the UN takes Obama as the new UN General Secretary, if that is the trajectory of all this, nothing will stop Trump from becoming President.

It's getting biblical now.
    Et cognoscetis veritatem et veritas liberabit vos

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Which is infinitely better than someone who will say every week that they want to expand NATO and/or have it charge into yet another optional war.
    Matthew 21:28-31:
    28 But what think ye? A man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to-day in the vineyard. 29 And he answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented himself, and went. 30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not. 31 Which of the two did the will of his father? They say, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, that the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
    If you are ant-war, Trump is quite possibly the worst thing on the menu, now or ever.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    If you are ant-war, Trump is quite possibly the worst thing on the menu, now or ever.
    This is untrue, but in the USA ppl can believe whatever they want.
    I do not support democracy anymore, and the "republic" simply doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    This is untrue
    It is true.

It is true.
    It's not even grammatically true. ant-war?

It is true.
    Trump has said NATO has outlived its uselfulness.
    Trump has praised the leadership of Russia.
    Trump sees Russia as a force for good and wants to make deals with them.
    Trump is America First in trade, border security and foreign policy.
    Trump was against the Middle East wars. He was against Libya.
    Trump does not protest over the Russian integration of Crimea.
    Trump does not protest over Russia protecting its people in Eastern Ukraine.
    Trump wants to officiate an Israeli/Palestinian peace settlement with an ear of neutrality.
    Trump says we'd be better off with Saddam Hussein and Ghadafi in power.
    Trump's viewpoint is from the traditional pre-neocon, Reaganite ideology.
    Trump says the media lies. Trump wants a new investigation into 9/11.
    Trump is not a member of any secret society or globalist think-tank.

The opposite is true for the other candidates.
    Yet, you may believe whatever you wish, unfortunately.

Trump wants to officiate an Israeli/Palestinian peace settlement with an ear of neutrality.

You're basing your claim on taking Trump at his word?

And why would you include his praise of Russia as a point in his favor?

A Republican running for President railing against the UN, wow.
    Last edited by robert68; 04-04-2016 at 01:23 PM.

You're basing your claim on taking Trump at his word?

And why would you include his praise of Russia as a point in his favor?
    I am 47 years old. I remember Donald Trump ever since I was in my teens.
    I have no reason not to take him at his word, and that word is reinforced
    not only by his persona but by the concerted effort of all whom I oppose
    opposing him. They oppose him because he is a threat to their power.
    All other candidates are deeply involved with the globalists, neocons and
    non-state financial elite. They are property. Trump is not property.
    Concerning Russia, I have held the firm conviction for a decent number of
    years now that post-Yeltsin Russia has regained its heritage. They are
    the lone remaining power on this planet which has the ability to resist
    and thwart the permanent domination of the Judeo-Masonic cabal.

I am 47 years old. I remember Donald Trump ever since I was in my teens.
    I have no reason not to take him at his word, and that word is reinforced
    not only by his persona but by the concerted effort of all whom I oppose
    opposing him. They oppose him because he is a threat to their power.
    All other candidates are deeply involved with the globalists, neocons and
    non-state financial elite. They are property. Trump is not property.
    Concerning Russia, I have held the firm conviction for a decent number of
    years now that post-Yeltsin Russia has regained its heritage. They are
    the lone remaining power on this planet which has the ability to resist
    and thwart the permanent domination of the Judeo-Masonic cabal.
    you need to have a chat with cajun about Trump. She has a whole bunch of quite frankly horrifying quotes. He wants to execute Edward Snowden for one

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Trump was the strong supporter of going into Iraq and Libya.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    It's not even grammatically true. ant-war?
    Its a spelling error and not a grammar error

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlerzzz View Post
    Trump was the strong supporter of going into Iraq and Libya.
    And clouds are made of cotton candy.
    Sorry pal, can't help ya.

He also said he'd pull troops from countries like South Korea. Thinks it is a waste of money.

I don't know if he is full of $#@! or not. Bush said no nation building, so who knows. But out of the three I'd rather have Trump over Bern/Killary.

I don't care enough to vote at the moment. We'll see how this plays out but I'm interested in Trump for the time being.

I am anti-war, and have opposed, and protested, every war since I discovered, as a kid, that the US government lied to the American people to get the public to support "Operation Desert Storm" in the 1990s. I would never vote for Trump, who has stated he is "the most militaristic person", who supported the Iraq War, who supported invading Syria, who wanted to bomb the oil fields in Iraq to go after ISIS, who supported stopping Iran's nuclear program "by any means necessary", who called for a "pre-emptive strike on North Korea", etc, etc.

I'll take former pacifist Sanders any day over warmonger Trump. Though I'm planning to vote Third Party.
    Actually, he said that he thought the best way to corral North Korea is to convince China to do it. That it is China who supplies North Korea, so they have an enormous pull. I didn't hear Trump talk about preemptively striking North Korea, but if North Korea keeps claiming they will have the capability soon to bomb the U.S. and plan to do it, a strike would be warranted. That is what imminent threat means.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Actually, he said that he thought the best way to corral North Korea is to convince China to do it. That it is China who supplies North Korea, so they have an enormous pull. I didn't hear Trump talk about preemptively striking North Korea,
    Trump has talked about pre-emptive strikes on North Korea for at least 16 years:

"[In a Trump presidency], North Korea would suddenly discover that its worthless promises of civilized behavior would cut no ice. I would let Pyongyang know in no uncertain terms that it can either get out of the nuclear arms race or expect a rebuke similar to the one Ronald Reagan delivered to Ghadhafi in 1986. I don’t think anybody is going to accuse me of tiptoeing through the issues or tap-dancing around them either. Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?" -- The America We Deserve by Donald Trump, page 274.

Yeah, but Drumpf will say the complete opposite next week interview. He tends to do that.
    Fixed.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Fixed.
    Thanks! Good point.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Trump has talked about pre-emptive strikes on North Korea for at least 16 years:

"[In a Trump presidency], North Korea would suddenly discover that its worthless promises of civilized behavior would cut no ice. I would let Pyongyang know in no uncertain terms that it can either get out of the nuclear arms race or expect a rebuke similar to the one Ronald Reagan delivered to Ghadhafi in 1986. I don’t think anybody is going to accuse me of tiptoeing through the issues or tap-dancing around them either. Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?" -- The America We Deserve by Donald Trump, page 274.
    Perhaps you can quote from something from this decade; instead of a 16 year old book.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

^^ Why? Even if I gave you a more recent quote, it wouldn't change your support of a clear warmonger.

^^ Why? Even if I gave you a more recent quote, it wouldn't change your support of a clear warmonger.
    If Trump wants to pull out of nato and the un, he's a lot less of a war monger then anyone else we've had.

The majority of wars since wwii have been un "peacekeeping" missions. If we pull most of our troops home, less chance to get into war.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    If Trump wants to pull out of nato and the un, he's a lot less of a war monger then anyone else we've had.

The majority of wars since wwii have been un "peacekeeping" missions. If we pull most of our troops home, less chance to get into war.
    No. Because Trump might want to pull us out of NATO and the UN (though his official position will change in a few weeks, as everything else he says already has), but he's still advocating for wars in multiple countries. He said it himself, in October 2015: " I'm the most militaristic person on your show." He wants "boots on the ground" to fight ISIS. He wants to bomb the oil fields in Iraq. He wants to stop Iran's nuclear program "by any means necessary".

No. Because Trump might want to pull us out of NATO and the UN (though his official position will change in a few weeks, as everything else he says already has), but he's still advocating for wars in multiple countries. He said it himself, in October 2015: " I'm the most militaristic person on your show." He wants "boots on the ground" to fight ISIS. He wants to bomb the oil fields in Iraq. He wants to stop Iran's nuclear program "by any means necessary".
    Taking him at face value, he's an anti-globalist war hawk, who prefers deal making and business over war, unless it's necessary.

So a war hawk if necessary - according to him, but not a neocon or globalist.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic