Thread: Thomas Massie elected as national convention delegate

Thomas Massie elected as national convention delegate

NKY delegates support Cruz

Scott Wartman
    April 2, 2016

Northern Kentucky Republicans will send supporters of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz to the national convention in July.

A group of 126 Republicans on Saturday from the 20 counties of Northern Kentucky’s Fourth Congressional District gathered in the theater of Boone County High School to choose their three delegates and three alternates for the Republican National Convention in Cleveland for July.

Two of the delegates — U.S. Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Garrison, and Henry County GOP chairman Jon Park — wouldn’t say a preference. The rest said they supported Cruz.

Massie said he doesn’t have a preference between Trump or Cruz and wouldn’t commit when pressed by the crowd Saturday.

“I don’t have a preference between Ted Cruz and Donald Trump at this point,” Massie said. “There’s a great advantage to waiting to the end to play your card. I think there are people in this room for candidates who may decide in the next three months they are for a different candidate.”

Massie said it’s not a sound strategy to commit to a candidate, especially if it becomes a contested convention. He floated the hypothetical idea that if someone like former House Speaker John Boehner got nominated at a contested convention, he might need to vote for someone else to prevent Boehner from getting the nomination. Massie consistently voted against Boehner for House leader.

“Sometimes you have to vote for your second choice to keep your third choice from being elected,” Massie said. “What if John Boehner gets elected and the only way for me to stop that is for me to vote for our district’s second choice and not district’s first choice?”

More:
    http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...cruz/82526228/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    YAY!
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

So few good guys....
    "The Patriarch"

Nice to see his constituency supporting him.

This marks the first time liberty forces have won a district convention in Kentucky! Most of the "Cruz" supporters are liberty folks. Pretty cool - especially since we didn't have an active candidate to campaign for or rally behind. The movement is still maturing and learning how to win even when the conditions are less favorable than they could be.
    Original supporter of Ron Paul since 2007 and lifelong supporter of liberty and the Constitution. I stand with Rand.

The fix is already in. Kasich will be the nominee.