Thread: Judd Weiss is McAfee’s Vice President Pick

Judd Weiss is McAfee’s Vice President Pick

McAfee Announces VP Choice…

Avens O'Brien
    April 1, 2016
    2016 Presidential Race, Headline News

Judd Weiss is McAfee’s Vice President Pick

Famous computer programmer and businessman John McAfee is one of the top three contenders for the Libertarian Party’s presidential nomination, but one of his greatest weaknesses within the party is a lack of connections within the movement itself.
    He may have just solved that problem, by asking libertarian photographer and entrepreneur Judd Weiss to be his Vice Presidential running mate.
    The announcement was made at an event tonight at Weiss’ house in Bel Air, California,
    Judd Weiss, 35, was born, raised, and is based in Los Angeles, and is a writer, businessman, entrepreneur, hustler, and the most famous photographer for the liberty movement.
    Judd Weiss in DC for a CEI Event

On his Facebook Photo Albums Page you can find over 65 albums dedicated to liberty events (some of which he’s hosted himself) and over 27,000 photographs of the beautiful and interesting people at these events.
    Weiss knows liberty isn’t just a superficial pursuit though — his involvement with the party and the movement began in his teens after he encountered the writings of Ayn Rand and Nathaniel Branden.
    “A friend handed me Anthem when I was 14, and it didn’t take me long to get into it all. I soon tried to find local Libertarians, and there was a small group that would meet up at a Denny’s in Tarzana. Back then it was just a bunch of old people. My friend and I were the only teenagers that would show up.”
    He first registered as an LP member in 2000, and began seriously taking photos for Libertarian events in 2011. (See his album of the 2012 LNC convention here.)
    He’s been interviewed about his work in the libertarian movement for years, see him answer tough questions with Jan Helfeld here, and this interview with Liberty.me about making liberty look good.
    When asked of McAfee himself, Weiss said:
    “McAfee is an impressive human, and a badass. He has so many incredible stories and achievements in his life, but he’s still pushing himself into more challenging adventures. I want to see a force of nature like McAfee go up against Trump and Hillary. I want to be excited about following this presidential race.”
    Weiss offers a number of benefits to the McAfee campaign, with a solid foundation of knowledge of the philosophy of liberty, and a lot of time spent advising fellow libertarians how to sell the ideas of liberty to mainstream audiences, while trying to improve the appearance and public image of libertarians.
    He’s also valuable in turning out young people – with his work photographing Students for Liberty and Young Americans for Liberty events, he’s a “celebritarian” among an audience that has spent a lot of time supporting “liberty Republicans” like Ron Paul and Rand Paul instead of being involved in the Libertarian Party itself.
    His involvement with McAfee creates a unique opportunity to capture the attention and enthusiasm of young libertarians and grow the Party where it needs it most: in the next generation of libertarian minds.
    Weiss hosted a fundraising event for the McAfee campaign on Thursday evening at his home in Bel Air, with a turnout of over 200 people.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/mc...ces-vp-choice/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This would have been a better choice for senior campaign staff. Not a good indication of McAfee's judgement IMO that he picks someone so young and inexperienced to be a VP. Also, it's poor form to announce a VP pick before you win your party's nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Also, it's poor form to announce a VP pick before you win your party's nomination.
    Unless you want to be seen as presumptuous or/and too weak to get the nomination on your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I don't know, is it a good thing to follow the accepted norms and standards of the cesspool of American politics?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    This would have been a better choice for senior campaign staff. Not a good indication of McAfee's judgement IMO that he picks someone so young and inexperienced to be a VP. Also, it's poor form to announce a VP pick before you win your party's nomination.
    Not really, it indicates that McAfee is relatively aware of how the LP works and how to get the attention of those who are in the LP. Judd Weiss, although not the ideal candidate with a ton of accolades made a name for himself with the LP and positioned himself as someone who has ideas to bring the party to a new level.

For the same reason someone like the Arnold can become California governor not for his ability to run a state executive administration but rather his name, McAfee chose Weiss. He's trying to rally the party behind his nomination and for the most part I think he made the right choice.

The LP is so small and insignificant, nobody outside of the party is going to care about McAfee's VP pick. He wants to secure the nomination and he will carry the race into the general with his own name.

Its a pretty simple concept.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic