Thread: People vs OJ Simpson

People vs OJ Simpson

Johnny Cochrane: Detective Mark Fuhrman, did you plant or manufacture evidence in this case?

Mark Fuhrman: I take the fifth amendment.

Anyone watch this last night?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    Johnny Cochrane: Detective Mark Fuhrman, did you plant or manufacture evidence in this case?

Mark Fuhrman: I take the fifth amendment.

Anyone watch this last night?
    Yeah. I saw it.

I have some doubts about what that meant, though. If I understand correctly, once you've pleaded the fifth, you must continue to plead the fifth to every question that follows, otherwise you negate your fifth amendment privilege and must answer everything. It doesn't necessarily mean that his real answer would've been yes, but typically, only a lawyer would know that.

If that is indeed correct, Cochrane was really just pulling a trick to sway the jury's opinion. He already knew Furman would have to plead the fifth to any question he asked, regardless of what the real answer was.

Remember when this came up with Lois Lerner in the IRS targeting Tea Party scandal? She started out saying she did nothing wrong, but then pleaded the fifth to all other questions. I'd never heard about this rule until that time. Of course in Lerner's case, they let her get away with it.
    Last edited by Valli6; 03-31-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Fuhrman pled the 5th because he knew they had all the tapes; between that and his previous testimony, it wouldn't have taken much to catch him in perjury.
    I dont think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president, he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. Hes the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul