Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Campaign Manager Charged With Battery of Reporter Michelle Fields

Trump Campaign Manager Charged With Battery of Reporter Michelle Fields

Trump Campaign Manager Corey Lewandowski Charged With Battery of Reporter Michelle Fields by Florida Police

By ABC NEWS
    Mar 29, 2016, 1:01 PM ET

Donald Trump's campaign manager Corey Lewandowski was charged today with battery of former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields during a March 8 incident at the Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter, Florida, police said.

Lewandowski was charged with one count of simple battery, a misdemeanor, by the Jupiter Police Department.

“Lewandowski then grabbed Fields’ left arm with his right hand, causing her to turn and step back,” according to the police report, describing new video of the incident. “Based on the above-described investigation, probable cause exists to charge Corey Lewandowski.”

The Trump campaign responded in a statement asserting Lewandowski’s innocence.

“Mr. Lewandowski is absolutely innocent of this charge. He will enter a plea of not guilty and looks forward to his day in court. He is completely confident that he will be exonerated.”

Police documents say that Lewandowski was charged this morning. He was released with a notice to appear in court, police said. Jupiter Police told ABC News that Lewandowski is scheduled to appear in court on May 4.

read more:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump...ry?id=38002797

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGz5DPqU-p0
    Last edited by jct74; 03-29-2016 at 12:59 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interesting.

I must say, the video I saw showed nothing in that regard. Maybe there are other video's ?
    I'd make a guess that when it's witnesses only he's going to walk regardless if he did it or not.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post
    Interesting.

I must say, the video I saw showed nothing in that regard. Maybe there are other video's ?
    I'd make a guess that when it's witnesses only he's going to walk regardless if he did it or not.
    I've watched a ton of them. All I see is someone who is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Kind of disappointed in Michelle.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Oh FFS. What a drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I've watched a ton of them. All I see is someone who is trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Kind of disappointed in Michelle.

I can totally understand why - without having seen any video showing the actual event happening - I can understand any reporter would be inclined to press charges for the smallest of infringements. Not just because it is their right to do so but also because of the atmosphere they are bathed in when they try to cover such events.

I'm disappointed in the general conduct of these elections. Chaos generally is not something that breeds good things.
    "I am a bird"

ABC News not legit. Only National Enquirer or infowars are credible here.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

This could lead to her pressing charges against Allen West also?

Chuck Johnson claims Allen West sexually harassed two women at PJ Media

Related

Poll: Public servants security: In which case charges against security staff are warranted?

Case A:
    Black reporter Brenda Lee gets her arms and legs grabbed by security staff when she tries to hand a letter to public servant #1 at a tax payers funded location:

Case B:
    Black mother Miriam Carey shot in the head at a tax payers funded location after she took a wrong turn near White House and tried to leave when security staff told her to stop:

Lawyer representing family of Miriam Carey arrested

Mother killed by Capitol Police was shot in back of head

Case C:
    White reporter Michelle Fields gets too close to a Presidential candidate at a privately rented location and her elbow is touched by security staff

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    "A member of Trump’s Secret Service detail told DailyMail.com on Tuesday that Fields touched Trump twice – and was warned by agents to stop – before Lewandowski pulled her away."

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This could lead to her pressing charges against Allen West also?

No, walking up to her and fondling her tits she's cool with. But lay a hand on her in the midst of a crowded, chaotic, political rally? That's SERIOUS business and requires a police response.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh the drama lama. I find it funny how these articles are becoming a litmus test for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Goin down with the ship:
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Jupiter police release video showing Corey Lewandowski 'battery' on Michelle Fields

Trump aide charged with misdemeanor battery vs. ex-Breitbart reporter

Jupiter Police Chief Frank Kitzerow told The Palm Beach Post this morning that Corey Lewandowski, Donald Trump’s campaign manager, was released with a notice to appear in court after he turned himself in this morning at the Jupiter Police Department.

Lewandowski is scheduled to appear May 4 in Palm Beach County Circuit Court.

Jupiter police had no contact with Donald Trump during the investigatation resulting from the March 8 incident, said Kitzerow.

“It was a very straight forward procedure,” said Kitzerow.

UPDATE, 12:45 p.m.: Donald Trump has tweeted as response to the charge against his campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski.

“Wow, Corey Lewandowski, my campaign manager and a very decent man, was just charged with assaulting a reporter,” Trump said in the tweet. “Look at tapes-nothing there!”

UPDATE, 12:15 p.m.: Donald Trump’s campaign released a statement following aide Corey Lewandowski’s arrest saying: He’s “absolutely innocent.”

Lewandowski will enter a plea of not guilty, the statement says. He is represented by Scott Richardson of West Palm Beach and Kendall Coffey of Miami.

Coffeey is a former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of Florida.

It's not the "crime", it's the cover-up. Lewandowski and the Trump campaign denied that he touched her, and instead went on a smear campaign against Fields. How hard he grabbed her and how much he pulled have become secondary. As I said when this first happened, Lewandowski should have called her and apologized that day, and this would have never become an issue.

Latest video:

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Interesting.

There is plenty of video and there is no doubt that Lewandowski grabbed her and pulled her back.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

In my very humble opinion it does look like he arrests her forward movement by grabbing her arm.

While that's arguably not a very grave offense in itself, I would argue it does reflect on the character of the campaign he's working on. Especially with this kind of a defense;

“Wow, Corey Lewandowski, my campaign manager and a very decent man, was just charged with assaulting a reporter,” Trump said in the tweet. “Look at tapes-nothing there!
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 03-29-2016 at 12:59 PM.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There is plenty of video and there is no doubt that Lewandowski grabbed her and pulled her back.
    Yes, I've now seen some of that in the other topic.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    ABC News not legit. Only National Enquirer or infowars are credible here.
    Lol, out of rep.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In my very humble opinion it does look like he arrests her forward movement by grabbing her arm.

While that's arguably not a very grave offense in itself, I would argue it does reflect on the character of the campaign he's working on. Especially with this kind of a defense;
    Trump is going full Nixon before even getting into an elected office. Lewandowski is not "manning up" on this, Trump is doing the same.

On the same day his campaign manager is arrested for assault, the former head of his superpac puts out a statement that he is not a serious candidate and is now against Trump.

Hopefully the trend continues and Trump falls apart before the convention.

^^Indeed.

* See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Last edited by CPUd; 03-29-2016 at 02:57 PM.

It's not the "crime", it's the cover-up. Lewandowski and the Trump campaign denied that he touched her, and instead went on a smear campaign against Fields. How hard he grabbed her and how much he pulled have become secondary. As I said when this first happened, Lewandowski should have called her and apologized that day, and this would have never become an issue.

Latest video:

Exactly. Basically destroyed her career with character assassination for them attacking her. Damned right she should press charges.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

My take: she works for Cruz, maybe had sex with him or received MONEY...like Carly.....it is ludicrous to charge this guy with anything. Reporters get bumped around all of the time in these situations...someone is paying her and it has to be cruz.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Exactly. Basically destroyed her career with character assassination for them attacking her. Damned right she should press charges.
    They're basically destroying Amanda Carpenter right now, too. A lot of it going on from Trump supporters right here on RPF
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Affairs/page11

Latest video:

Yep, Breitbart was in on it too. They didn't want to side with their own people because they were afraid Trump would take away their press access.

Good. Trump people no longer care. Exactly what I thought would happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

This story is being pumped by the cruz camp for the same reason the story on one of ted's mistresses according to NE was moved to hot topics right after it was shown that she was in bed at the nearest hotel to the capital grille on a tuesday as mentioned in the story.

Here you have a person that inappropriately touched a candidate followed by one his staff possibly moving that person away from the candidate. We do not know the amount of pressure he used to move her even if he did move her. Perhaps she bruises easily, who knows. Regardless she is completely unfazed by it.

Does anyone really think a campaign manager would attack a reporter in a large crowd. This is a non-issue with people grasping at any straw they can to try to take down Trump. Pathetic.

The real problem here is where was the secret service and why was it his campaign manager rather than security that moved her away from the candidate.

What is worse is what are the possible consequences if she succeeds? It could possibly make it far more difficult for security agencies (body guards, secret service, security personnel) to provide security in large crowds out of fear of accusations.

I know people are really desperate to take down Trump but there are larger ramifications here in the quest to do so.
    Last edited by kahless; 03-29-2016 at 08:54 PM.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic