Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump supported Hillary's Libya agenda from the beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    yes the pro-intervention in libya video is much more important and much more of a potential problem.. it was only 5 years ago and he was fomenting for intervention.

over the years the nation's mood has turned more non-interventionist but if theres another 'event' its possible trump goes all pro-intervention like that.. ive also seen older videos of him promulgating the paleoconservative foreign policy... its really an unknown quantity that im willing to believe is a better choice than Cruz
    Actually, it is the praise Hillary video that would be more of a problem for him. This is because even though a lot of Americans are becoming non interventionists, they still don't put high priority on it. Yea its bad but its not a make or break deal.

On the other hand, the words of Trump will be used against him if he ever tried to use Benghazi to question Hillary's commitment to US service men in the line of fire. In fact, those words would make it virtually impossible for Trump to get away with virtually any criticism of Hillary's stint at SOS

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeaw trump is against the wars.......
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Wow. That's identical to neoconservative propaganda pre-Iraq. "They'll greet us with flowers and give us oil money!"
    Wow indeed. He should be attacked over this rather than over made up controversies.

So everyone running would have been for it? Trump, Clinton, Sanders, Cruz, Kasich?

Quote Originally Posted by Chester Copperpot View Post
    yes the pro-intervention in libya video is much more important and much more of a potential problem.. it was only 5 years ago and he was fomenting for intervention.

over the years the nation's mood has turned more non-interventionist but if theres another 'event' its possible trump goes all pro-intervention like that.. ive also seen older videos of him promulgating the paleoconservative foreign policy... its really an unknown quantity that im willing to believe is a better choice than Cruz
    I respect your analysis even though I disagree with your ultimate conclusion. When it comes to non-interventionism Cruz is better than Trump because he's been non interventionist when it mattered. He was against involvement in Libya the whole time. And yes he supported the Iraq war, but broke rank with neocons/teocons in saying that we stayed too long rather than saying Obama pulled out too soon. And most importantly for me, he hasn't lied about his position like Trump has. It's one thing to ble "flexible" as people keep saying about Trump. It's another thing to lie about your change in position like Trump has. The man simply can't be trusted.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post

Here is the unedited version. There is nothing to obscure, Trump just spoke positively of the very neocon job Hillary did at SOS. Te evidence is easy to discern, this is really not rocket science.
    True. The "rocket science" is in the mental gymnastics some Trump supporters go through to pretend he didn't say what he actually said. Hillary is going to have a lot of fun with this video in the ever decreasingly likelihood that Trump even becomes the GOP nominee.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    He isn't providing any commentary on what he things that legacy is whether good or bad. He's just offering his insight and analysis on what Hillary is going to be judged on.
    That's one perspective, but I think the OP's bigger point is...

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And Trump has given them plenty of material to work with.
    So has he? Looks so....

When Donald Trump Praised Hillary Clinton
    http://time.com/3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/

Trump once wrote Hillary Clinton would be 'great president'
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...reat-president

Trump in 2008: Hillary Clinton would make a "great" president
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-in...eat-president/

When Donald Trump Praised Hillary Clinton
    http://time.com/3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/

Trump 2007: Hillary’s “very, very capable,” her health care plan is “very good”
    http://hotair.com/archives/2015/06/1...-is-very-good/

Trump In 2007: I Know Hillary Clinton “Very Well,” She’s “Very Talented”
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...hearts-hillary

Donald Trump was for the Clintons before he was against them
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/1...ionship-217191

Trump has spent years courting Hillary and other Dems
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...clinton-119071

So can this be used against him by his opposition? Well, yes...

Ted Cruz Releases the Most Powerfully BRUTAL Ad of the Political Season [VIDEO]
    http://politistick.com/ted-cruz-rele...-season-video/

Ted Cruz Releases New Ad Hitting Trump for Cozy Relationship with Clintons
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...01/30/2903648/

Rand hits Trump with new video showing him praising Hillary as 'a terrific woman'
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Democrats.html

While trying to read into exactly what Trump meant has value for political types, the OP's main point seems spot on, this will be a liability in the general election - it doesn't matter if he was just being a good business man.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Think this needs to be shown to more people that were lied to by Trump.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

Maybe Trump should have bribed Republican officials in Wyoming to let him put up a 800 ft tower that the whole state could live in.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

OP claim if true would be another inconsistency on part of Trumpster. If he thought SWCs Hillary/Obama were doing the right thing in Libya, how can he say things like below then? His foreign policy team has some explaining to do it seems.

Trump: Clinton, Obama 'created ISIS'

Trump just called Obama a bigger warmonger than Bush

Politicians are known to flip flop but he claims to be a businessman and should behave like one.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    OP claim if true would be another inconsarency on part of Trumpster. If he thought SWCs Hillary/Obama were doing the right thing in Libya, how can he say things like below then? His foreign policy team has some explaining to do it seems.

Politicians are known to flip flop but he claims to be a businessman and should behave like one.
    It's actually very simple. Instead of running as a Democrat, he is running GOP, so he must attack the Democrats. Some of his kids didn't get the memo though.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    It's actually very simple. Instead of running as a Democrat, he is running GOP, so he must attack the Democrats. Some of his kids didn't get the memo though.

He could be martian and still win most votes in an election today as long as he is seen as the most vocal critic of the number one enemy of GOP.

R/D/this/that labels have less currency than ever this time around. He would probably pull many Dem/Indie votes if he got nominaton.
    There are quite a few "Republicans who are openly calling for supporting Hillary.

OP claim if true would be another inconsarency on part of Trumpster. If he thought SWCs Hillary/Obama were doing the right thing in Libya, how can he say things like below then? His foreign policy team has some explaining to do it seems.

Trump doesn't flip flop he takes multiple opposing positions and then his campaign sells it as double think.

https://youtu.be/hZxD_RFvXpA?t=22m26s

O'reilly : Libya- um, the libyan action is being explained as a humanitarian issue to stop a slaughter, do you spport it.

"I support stopping that kind of slaughter, but the problem is where do you stop..."

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    Wow indeed. He should be attacked over this rather than over made up controversies.

So everyone running would have been for it? Trump, Clinton, Sanders, Cruz, Kasich?
    Yeah, I agree. He was very wrong on this.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

He could be martian and still win most votes in an election today as long as he is seen as the most vocal critic of the number one enemy of GOP.
    This is the same delusional thinking that got Mitt's ass kicked in 2012. The only way a GOP ever wins a POTUS election again is to unify behind a candidate with a positive message, not one of bigotry and hate.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    The only way a GOP ever wins a POTUS election again is to unify behind a candidate with a positive message, not one of bigotry and hate.
    Then fakebag "Christian-Zionist" Rafael Cruz along with his neocon masters will be the first one out given their support for violent/racist oppressions and occupations using tax payers money.
    Hillary Clinton with her bigoted "superpredator" filled prisons, racially motivated Iraq/mideast bloodbaths support has slim chance. She is also tied to Obama whose empty coached messages with teleprompter have created an "awful legacy" as Bill Clinton noted along with a racist drone killing policy.
    Probably the most honest and least bigoted candidate would get the nod this time.

Then fakebag "Christian-Zionist" Rafael Cruz along with his neocon masters will be the first one out given their support for violent/racist oppressions and occupations using tax payers money.
    Hillary Clinton with her bigoted "superpredator" filled prisons, racially motivated Iraq/mideast bloodbaths support has slim chance. She is also tied to Obama whose empty coached messages with teleprompter have created an "awful legacy" as Bill Clinton noted along with a racist drone killing policy.
    Probably the most honest and least bigoted candidate would get the nod this time.
    Can you rephrase that, in English?

I know I will be neg repped for pointing this out. Some people on this forum just can't handle the truth. But if this doesn't prove Trump is controlled opposition nothing will. Trump called for troops to go into Libya to "stop Khaddafi".

-thanks for sharing this. There are no noninterventionists running from the 2 major parties.

I respect your analysis even though I disagree with your ultimate conclusion. When it comes to non-interventionism Cruz is better than Trump because he's been non interventionist when it mattered.
    Cruz did say, however, that he wants regime change in Iran:

Last edited by charrob; 04-09-2016 at 10:18 PM.

For more peoples eyes.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    backing up Trumps Iraq war support.

But but but...he's a non-interventionist!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jmdrake again"
    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."

-H. L. Mencken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic