Thread: Another Alternative Doctor and Family Murdered - Santa Barbara

Another Alternative Doctor and Family Murdered - Santa Barbara

http://www.independent.com/news/2016...greenhill-way/

Triple Homicide on Greenhill Way
    UPDATE: Victims Identified as Dr. Weidong “Henry” Han, Wife Huijie “Jennie” Yu, and Daughter Emily

Originally published 10:30 a.m., March 24, 2016
    Updated 11:10 p.m., March 24, 2016
    by LÉNA GARCIA, TYLER HAYDEN

[UPDATE, 11:10 p.m.]: Authorities have released the names of three homicide victims found Wednesday evening at 4640 Greenhill Way: Dr. Weidong “Henry” Han, his 29-year-old wife Huijie “Jennie” Yu, and their five-year-old daughter Emily Han. No additional details were provided in the press release issued by Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Kelly Hoover.

Edit: See posts #9 and #10 below - the murderer's father was a CIA agent who sold weapons to Sadam Hussein.
    Last edited by dannno; 03-31-2016 at 02:41 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Master Herbalist Dr. Henry Han, OMD, CA & MD (China), has an extensive and impressive background in both Chinese Herbal Medicine and Western Medicine. He currently practices traditional Chinese Medicine at the Santa Barbara Herb Clinic, which he founded in 1991. He creates individualized herbal formulas for each patient, which are prepared at the on-site pharmacy. His treatments also include acupuncture, acupressure, transdermal ionization with herbal hot packs, and other traditional Chinese healing modalities.

Dr. Henry Han was born into a family of doctors in China. His mother was an oncological gynecologist, his father a dermatologist, and his grandfather an herbalist. Henry Han received his education at the prestigious Beijing University of Chinese Medicine and Western Medicine, and graduated in 1982 at the top of his class with dual degrees of OMD (Doctor of Oriental Medicine) and M.D. (China). 

In 1985, Henry Han completed his residency program in internal medicine at Beijing Dong Zhi Men Hospital, which is considered one of the primary hospitals specializing in the integration of Chinese and Western Medicine. He studied graduate level psychology in the United States on a Chinese government scholarship, and was a featured lecturer on Chinese Medicine at Pacific National University.

Dr. Han has been in private practice since 1989. Over the years, Dr. Han has treated thousands of patients for a wide variety of ailments, ranging from the common cold to life-threatening conditions, and has been recognized as a master herbalist and diagnostician. He has acquired a reputation for treating difficult and complex cases, and has attracted patients from all over the United States and as far away as Europe.

Dr. Han frequently gives talks and lectures on medicine-related subjects, and serves on the advisory and scientific boards of several companies. He is currently under contract with Random House to write a book on Chinese Medicine and the integration of Chinese and Western Medicine.

Santa Barbara Herb Clinic - 3886 State Street - Santa Barbara - CA 93105. USA
    tel: 1-805-563-0222 - fax: 1-805-563-1870
    Santa Barbara Herb Clinic © 2013
    http://www.santabarbaraherbclinic.co...han/index.html

Dr. Han was known for improving survivability of cancer patients by complementing western chemo with eastern herbal medicine.
    Last edited by presence; 03-25-2016 at 06:18 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Police Arrest Business Associate in Slaying of Herbal Doctor ...

3 mins ago - Police Arrest Business Associate i

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Headline implies it was because he was an "alternative" doctor that he was killed- that "traditional" medicine wants to get rid of such people.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/f...-home-37921504

Police Arrest Business Associate in Slaying of Herbal Doctor

A business associate of a popular practitioner of Chinese herbal medicine was arrested Friday in connection with what California authorities say was the "horrific" slaying of the herbalist, his wife and the couple's 5-year-old daughter.

Pierre Haobsh, 27, of Oceanside was taken into custody at gunpoint in San Diego County, Santa Barbara County Sheriff Bob Brown told reporters. He said a loaded handgun and property belonging to one of the victims was found inside Haobsh's car.

Deputies who went to check on the welfare of 57-year-old Dr. Weidong "Henry" Han on Wednesday found the bodies of the 57-year-old physician, his 29-year-old wife, Huijie "Jenni" Yu, and the couple's 5-year-old daughter, Emily Han, in the family's multi-million dollar home on the outskirts of Santa Barbara.

Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Kelly Hoover said they had been the victims of a "horrific" killing. She did not elaborate.

Brown said investigators were still attempting to determine why the family was killed, but they believe Haobsh was recently involved in a business deal with Han and financial gain could have been involved.
    More at link.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-25-2016 at 07:11 PM.

Incredibly sad.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Sad.

Sick-o/murderer is from my town. Props to my local O-side Detectives for getting this idiot off the streets so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Headline implies it was because he was an "alternative" doctor that he was killed- that "traditional" medicine wants to get rid of such people.
    Do you have evidence to the contrary? If you do, the article you linked to says the police don't know $#@! and they would appreciate your help.

Otherwise, with so little to go on, dismissing an emerging pattern off hand is ridiculously stupid.

Or suspicious. I've got my eye on you. . .

This was a false flag and the victims were actors. They aren't dead. They are just chilling off the radar.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    This was a false flag and the victims were actors. They aren't dead. They are just chilling off the radar.
    Until his arrest, American-born Pierre Haobsh lived with his French-born father, Frederick Smith, or Frederick Haobsh, in rented rooms of an Oceanside house. Not much is known about Frederick, but online searches show he founded the now-defunct oil company Cal Tech International Inc. and was an ex-CIA agent of Jordanian descent.

Last edited by dannno; 03-31-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Haobsh's parents in Baghdad... The father was an arms merchant who sold to the Saddam Hussein gov; the father had CIA cooperation.

Some comments -

Former Patient • 19 hours ago

I appreciate this excellent coverage of the Han family murder. Visit " Friends of Dr. Henry Han" on facebook, where a future memorial service will be announced. Henry's article " The Grey Area of Health" in the book "Healing Our Planet, Healing Ourselves" gives you an introduction to his deep understanding of health and healing, as does his book " Ancient Herbs and Modern Medicine." Will we ever have another healer in our midst with his brilliance, knowledge, wisdom, industry, compassion, courage, etc. and multi discipline approach to health?
    Peggy LaCerra • 15 hours ago

Fifteen years ago, Dr. Han cured me of a debilitating systemic candidiasis infection. My illness occurred after a Western M.D. prescribed 8 successive courses of antibiotics that left me so weak, I could barely move. I did my own research and figured out what had happened to my health. I didn't know any better, and so went to another Western M.D. for 'the appropriate treatment' for systemic candidiasis: 60 days of antifungals. That resulted in my developing resistant candida strains and my condition worsened. Seriously ill and feeling hopeless, I was fortunate to meet a woman who had had the same condition and was cured by Dr. Han (she had gone to the best clinics in Europe to no avail when she'd found him). He treated me with such care and kindness. With great thought, he carefully formulated a complex herbal treatment for me and wrote out a diet in great detail. Within several months, my condition improved dramatically and I've remained healthy ever since. I've always felt 'safe' knowing that, were I ever to get sick again, I could go to Dr. Han. He was an extraordinarily gifted healer with a caring heart and calming manner. He will be deeply missed by so many, as will his beautiful wife and daughter.
    Marisa • 20 hours ago

Doctor Han saved my life and brought me back to health when it seemed no one else could help. I had plans to attend graduate school in Psychology when I met him in 2010. Since, I am now obtaining my Doctorate in Chinese Medicine in San Francisco and had plans to join his office when I graduated. Whenever I came into visit, Jennie always asked with a big smile, "When will you join us, sweetie?" A few months ago, I finally asked him if I could study herbs with him when I finished...he said yes. I am absolutely devastated to lose my doctor, mentor, and life inspiration.

The world has lost an imaginative, brilliant healer. May the memories of him and his family be a blessing. May their transition be peaceful now.

So Saddam Hussein wanted the herbalist dead. His sister is certainly suspicious.

Nadine Courtney, a beauty blogger and former Newlyweds reality TV star, told the Associated Press via email Saturday that she is Haobsh’s sister. “Nadine came from a traditional Circassian-Middle Eastern family,” reads her online biography. In a 2008 blog post, Courtney said their mother, Nancy Berchtold Haobsh, 55, had died from lymphatic cancer. Neither Frederick Smith nor Courtney responded to questions from The Santa Barbara Independent.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-31-2016 at 02:52 PM.

So Saddam Hussein wanted the herbalist dead.

Sorry. Did you mean the CIA was behind it?

Until his arrest, American-born Pierre Haobsh lived with his French-born father, Frederick Smith, or Frederick Haobsh, in rented rooms of an Oceanside house. Not much is known about Frederick, but online searches show he founded the now-defunct oil company Cal Tech International Inc. and was an ex-CIA agent of Jordanian descent.

Sorry. Did you mean the CIA was behind it?
    How do you know if somebody is a CIA agent or an ex-CIA agent?

I give up. How do you know if somebody is a CIA agent or ex- CIA agent?

(waiting for punch line).

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I give up. How do you know if somebody is a CIA agent or ex- CIA agent?

(waiting for punch line).
    No punch-line, serious question.

If you were a girl, let's say your name was Darla, and you wanted to date a boy named Alfalfa, how would you know whether he was a member of the He-Man Woman Hater's Club? I mean, you could ask him. So if he says no, and you have no evidence to the contrary, could you say for certain whether this Alfalfa character was a member of the club? The club has secret meetings and operates largely in secret.

In before MK Ultra. But just barely.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No punch-line, serious question.

If you were a girl, let's say your name was Darla, and you wanted to date a boy named Alfalfa, how would you know whether he was a member of the He-Man Woman Hater's Club? I mean, you could ask him. So if he says no, and you have no evidence to the contrary, could you say for certain whether this Alfalfa character was a member of the club? The club has secret meetings and operates largely in secret.
    So even though you posted the killer's father was ex- CIA you don't know. You also don't know if that had anything to do with the murders. It is just as relevant as my post about his sister being a "beauty blogger" (from your same link by the way).

So even though you posted the killer's father was ex- CIA you don't know. You also don't know if that had anything to do with the murders. It is just as relevant as my post about his sister being a "beauty blogger" (from your same link by the way).
    I thought the father was dead? I don't think the father necessarily had anything to do with it - but if his dad was in deep with the CIA and there is a pattern of murders taking place against alternative doctors then that would be an important assessment.

So his dad had nothing to do with it. I guess that kills the conspiracy theory. How may "alternative medicine" practitioners are there and how many a year are killed off? How many new ones pop in their place? Is the rate significant? Was this particular doctor a very influential one in the field- getting rid of him would "send a message" to all others? What does the "pattern" you mention look like? How does it compare with deaths of traditional doctors or the general population? If, that is, the intent is to get rid of them.

Or maybe it was a business deal gone bad.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-31-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Sister of Goleta Triple Murder Suspect Condemns Killings
    http://www.keyt.com/news/sister-of-g...lings/38719686
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

http://www.independent.com/news/2016...blic-defender/

Haobsh Denied Access to Public Defender
    Attorney Not Allowed in County Jail, Calls Block ‘Unprecedented’

Pierre Haobsh, 26, appeared Tuesday behind the protective glass of Judge Raimundo Montes De Oca’s courtroom much as he did two weeks prior. The Oceanside resident kept a blank face despite facing three counts of first-degree murder for the gruesome shooting deaths of esteemed herbalist Dr. Weidong “Henry” Han, 57; his wife, Huijie “Jennie” Yu, 29; and their daughter, Emily Han, 5. In what could be a capital case, Haobsh’s arraignment was once again postponed to May 5 in Judge Jean Dandona’s Department 6.

On Wednesday, March 23, the Han family was found wrapped in plastic and duct tape in the garage of their 4640 Greenhill Way home near Goleta. The Sheriff’s-Coroner named “gunshot wounds to the head” their official cause of death. On Friday, March 25, Haobsh ​— ​whom authorities call a “business acquaintance” of Dr. Han ​— ​was arrested at a Bonsall gas station, where he was found with a 9mm gun and property belonging to one of the Hans. Little is known of Haobsh, for whom no family members appeared Tuesday in court.

Upon Haobsh’s arrest, public defenders immediately went to the Santa Barbara County Jail to offer him counsel. “We were turned away by multiple levels of Sheriff’s personnel and not allowed to even notify Mr. Haobsh that we were available to represent him,” Senior Deputy Public Defender Christine Voss told The Santa Barbara Independent via email. In what County Counsel and the District Attorney’s Office called “ex parte” and “completely unprecedented,” public defenders on Saturday, March 26, obtained court orders from Judge James Herman, granting them permission to speak with and represent Haobsh.

“In my 20-plus years of experience, it is unprecedented to be denied lawful access to an inmate booked at a county jail,” said Voss. “Judge Herman’s order merely granted that lawful access.” Neither Haobsh nor his family requested a public defender, according to court papers filed March 29 by County Counsel Michael Ghizzoni and Deputy County Counsel Michelle Montez. “In fact, Mr. Haobsh waived his rights to silence and counsel,” they said. However, the declarations included in their legal filings didn’t quite substantiate that. Instead, Sheriff’s Office criminal investigator Jeffrey McDonald said, “Mr. Haobsh did not request an attorney nor did any family member request counsel on his behalf.”

Debate on the matter ​— ​ruled moot Tuesday by Judge Montes De Oca ​— ​postponed Haobsh’s arraignment, as well as the fact that Voss and Deputy Public Defender Mindi Boulet only received “substantial discovery” the Friday before court. Typically, law enforcement reports are provided to defense attorneys within a few days of arraignment ​— not after a few weeks. Deputy District Attorneys Hilary Dozer and Benjamin Ladinig did not respond to questions about when they themselves received the reports.

In the absence of any real information on the case, speculation has escalated. Many observers have called attention to Internet reports that 25 alternative doctors across the country died in the past year under mysterious circumstances. However, reports on those cases show the doctors belonged to disparate fields — like chiropracty, dentistry, and autism; 10 died on the southern seaboard (eight in Florida). Many prescribed controversial regimens. A handful were researching cancer treatments.
    http://www.independent.com/news/2016...blic-defender/

http://www.independent.com/news/2016...aising-canine/

Raising Canine
    The Latest on the Henry Han Murder Case

Thursday, June 23, 2016
    By Nick Welsh

PERPLEXING:
    The whole thing is peculiar. Certainly the defendant, Pierre Haobsh ​— ​said to be brilliant when discussing complex technical issues but socially awkward, inappropriate, and notably lacking common sense ​— ​qualifies as very peculiar. But then so are the “facts” surrounding Haobsh’s alleged murder of Goleta’s much acclaimed Chinese herbalist Henry Han; his wife, Jennie; and their 5-year-daughter, Emily. They were all shot in the head, the bodies wrapped up in plastic sheets and sealed tight with duct tape. One might think a murderer with the foresight to bring along plastic sheets and duct tape would not drive around ​— ​as Haobsh reportedly did ​— ​with Jennie Han’s cell phone next to him. Presumably, the cell phone helped authorities ping Haobsh, 27, down at a gas station located not far from the small rental in Oceanside he shared with a mysterious father who may or may not have functioned as a clandestine CIA asset in the Middle East.

In Santa Barbara, I don’t know if the wheels of justice grind fine, but they do grind exceedingly slow. Nearly four months after Haobsh’s arrest, and authorities have only just scheduled his preliminary hearing for September 28. In the meantime, attorneys for opposing sides are still debating whether Haobsh should appear in court wearing his orange jail-house jumpsuit, chain-link belt, and plastic can’t-run-away slippers or whether he should be allowed to appear in less guilt-presumed civilian street clothes. What’s there to argue about? In potential death-penalty cases, this would seem a no-brainer. Clearly, any inconvenience involved with allowing Haobsh a change of clothes is outweighed by the perception ​— ​and reality ​— ​of fairness. Regardless, much saliva will be wasted hashing out this nonissue next week. To date, three judges have had their hands on this case. On this ​— ​and other key issues ​— ​none have spoken with one voice.

In the meantime, the much-loved herbal clinic Han ran has been shut down and key staff terminated, reportedly because the lease ran out, but more likely because of disagreements between Han’s family and that of his wife’s over disposition of the assets. For hundreds of patients who rely on Han, that means no place to get their prescriptions filled. In the meantime, a Chinese herbalist trained in Western medicine, Dr. Helen Sharkey, will be traveling from San Francisco to see Han’s patients out of a tiny space provided by the Santa Barbara Yoga Center. Patients seeking their medical files are advised to submit written requests to Santa Barbara Fiduciary, retained to help handle disposition of the estate.

Murder investigators are notoriously tightlipped. They’re saying only that Haobsh had an unspecified business relationship with Han, that he killed the Han family for financial gain, and that he did so while lying in wait. This week, documents fell into my lap that provided more detail. They confirmed Han and Haobsh had been trying to start a new business venture ​— ​Molecular Scientific, LLC ​— ​together shortly before the murders. The executive summary of the business plan listed six principals ​— ​Haobsh and Han being just two ​— ​to create “a high tech nutraceutical and pharmaceutical company” combining Chinese herbal medicine with medicinal marijuana and hemp oil tinctures known as CBDs, plus a line of cosmetic skin-care products relying on a stem-cells-culture serum.

According to sources close to the clinic, Han was hoping to make big bucks on the skin care cream and use the proceeds to underwrite an innovative new cancer treatment mixing CBDs ​— ​compounds extracted from hemp and pot plants said to have a wide range of powerful healing properties and that don’t induce euphoria ​— ​and traditional Chinese herbal formulations. It’s an intriguing one-two punch that combines his mother’s skills as a pioneer in the treatment of uterine cancer and his father’s gifts as a caring dermatologist. Word has it that Han’s longtime medical mentor in China had just completed a clinical trial using a new herbal formulation to fight unspecified cancers. Han had asked for a sample and was reportedly expecting delivery the very week he was killed. If true, that would seem like an interesting coincidence.

The Molecular Scientific prospectus displayed a keen awareness of marijuana’s evolving legal status. The author exclaimed over the potential profits if and when pot becomes legal. The U.S. pot market was estimated at $2.6 billion in 2014, it read, and was projected to grow to $35 billion in a few years. The author optimistically estimated it could grow to as much as $100 billion. The plan was to establish the new company as both manufacturer and name-brand retailer of high-quality but relatively low-cost CBD-infused oils from pot or hemp plants depending on their legal status. The projected start-up cost for this venture was pegged at $2 million.

Of the six principals named, Han is dead and Haobsh is in jail. I spoke with two others, but neither wanted to talk. One has run a high-profile business in Goleta from which he is now retired; he declined to be interviewed, explaining mistakes made by news reporters have a way of getting people seriously hurt. In googling this individual, I was struck by the large number of civic organizations with which he’s been actively involved. I was also struck by a conspicuous dearth of images. Maybe that’s also peculiar. Maybe not. The other ran a nationally based clothing company headquartered here for many years. He likewise was not eager to talk. He’d attended only one meeting, he said, and expressed surprise his name had been listed as a principal. The impression they gave is that Molecular Scientific was a short-lived entrepreneurial belch that’s subsequently morphed into something else involving other people. Maybe some of them, I was told, would be willing to talk with me. Who knows? Maybe they will. But if the tables were turned, I doubt I’d talk to me. And if I did, I’d consider that pretty damn peculiar.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://www.independent.com/2021/11/...triple-murder/

Pierre Haobsh’s Web History Paints Dark Picture Behind Triple Murder

Prosecution Continues Building Case with Final Witnesses in Han Family Murder Trial

By Ryan P. Cruz & Tyler Hayden
    Wed Nov 17, 2021 | 8:29am

Pierre Haobsh squirmed in Judge Bran Hill’s courtroom as his personal web history was blasted onto the screen, serving as a window into his mind on the days leading up to and following the murders of renowned Santa Barbara herbalist Dr. Henry Han; his wife, Jennie Yu; and their 5-year-old daughter, Emily Han. The information was recovered from a cell phone and laptop found in his possession when he was arrested in 2016.

The prosecution has been calling its final witnesses in the trial against Haobsh, who is accused of killing all three victims and attempting to use Han’s personal information to transfer $77,000 to his own bank account.

The state’s evidence against Haobsh has been overwhelming thus far — there was the testimony from Haobsh’s friend Thomas “TJ” Direda, who reported Haobsh as a suspect to authorities; there was physical evidence tying his fingerprints to the plastic sheeting and duct tape used to wrap the bodies, as well as surveillance footage of him purchasing the same items at Home Depot; and there was a four-hour interrogation video that showed Haobsh skirting the detectives’ questions and denying his involvement in the crime.

On Friday and Monday, investigators Travis Henderson and Jeff Ellis walked prosecutors Hilary Dozer and Benjamin Ladinig through the web history from an iPhone and HP laptop found in Haobsh’s possession, and security footage and receipts showing where he was while he was allegedly planning the crime using his mobile devices.

According to witness testimony and text message records, investigators found that Haobsh had signed a “memorandum of understanding” with Han to create a company called Obsidian Teradyne the day before the killings. In it, Haobsh promised to provide $15 million to help create the company, although bank records showed he was worth less than $500 at the time. Haobsh told detectives he didn’t have the money personally but “knew” people who would provide the financial backing. In texts to Han, Haobsh boasts that he was close to being a billionaire, with a lavish lifestyle with gambling, women, Lamborghinis, and private jets.

Prosecutors showed that Haobsh installed spyware on his own laptop as a “dry run” before installing the same software on Han’s home computer days before the murders. It serves as a step-by-step retelling of how Haobsh allegedly attempted to transfer $72,000 into his personal bank account, even creating a fake email address to receive verification codes meant for Han.

Haobsh’s defense team of Christine Voss and Michael Hanley contend that investigators failed to conduct follow-up interviews and chase leads that may have led to other suspects. Voss objected to any reference to Haobsh as the man beyond the computer, maintaining that the items found in his car could have been planted there.

Detective Ellis testified that cell phone records showed Haobsh’s cell phone being used at El Capitan State Beach from 4 p.m. to around 7:30 p.m. on March 21, 2016, the same day he had used the spyware to obtain Han’s information. His web browser history from that time shows searches for a number of topics from “the legal amount of cash you can carry on an international flight” to “what kind of gun used by James Bond.”

The cell phone history shows searches about guns and ammunition — first a Walther PPK with .380 ACP bullets, then eventually settling on a Ruger MKII with .22 LR ammo. There is a visit to an online database that shows guns featured in movies and television. Earlier evidence showed Haobsh purchased a Ruger .22 pistol at an Arizona gun shop, the same model used in the murders.

In the parking lot at El Capitán, Ellis said, Haobsh watched videos of suppressed pistols before searching for local movie listings: Kung Fu Panda, Allegiant, and 10 Cloverfield Lane. He planned to see a movie at Camino Real Cinemas later that night.

The day after the murders, similar evidence shows Haobsh in a Thousand Oaks McDonald’s parking lot where, the prosecution contends, Haobsh used his laptop to gain access to Han’s Chase and Wells Fargo bank accounts and attempted multiple times to transfer money into his own account. Eventually, he was able to transfer $5,000.

Web searches showed a range of questions were sought: “How good are fingerprint forensics?” “How long does crime scene analysis take?” “Is a car searched entering Tijuana?”

There is even a chat with an online psychic, a “master of cartomancy” by the name of Count Marco who charges $3.95 per minute. The user, using the name “Pierre,” chats with the Count. The computer’s spyware allowed investigators to read every keystroke.

“I have done bad things,” “Pierre” types, before changing his mind and deleting the message, instead sending: “I have made bad choices.”

“Unforgivable,” he types again before deleting.

He asks Count Marco: “Will I get caught for what I did?”

In the courtroom, Haobsh rewatched all these moments played out on the large screen in Department 2 of Santa Barbara Superior Court. The defense will lay out its case next week, though it is still undecided whether Haobsh will take the stand. Since both sides agreed to waive a jury trial, Judge Hill alone will decide Haobsh’s fate once both sides make closing statements, as expected next week.

https://www.independent.com/2021/11/...-on-the-stand/

Haobsh Spins a Story on the Stand

Accused of Triple Murder, Gives His Version of Evidence

If the majority of Tuesday’s testimony is to be believed, Pierre Haobsh has invented a machine that creates perpetual energy, an invention so revolutionary the Department of Energy (DOE) would stop at nothing to prevent its release. This information came from a loquacious Haobsh, who took the witness stand to offer alternatives to some of the evidence connecting him to the death of Dr. Henry Han, an entrepreneur and respected herbalist, who was killed on March 23, 2016, with his wife, Jenny Yu, and their daughter, Emily, who was five, at their home in the Santa Barbara foothills.

As his attorney Christine Voss asked questions, Haobsh talked about his life in great detail. He described being a bodybuilder who ate every three hours, day and night, and whose physique attracted women at the beach when he doffed his shirt and lounged in a Speedo. He described close calls he’d had, as when five or six DOE operatives broke into his bedroom in Arizona. He reached for his Sig Sauer, and he killed them all, he said. Yes, he’d bought plastic sheeting at Home Depot, but it was to use as drop cloth for when he painted an energy machine for Henry Han. That’s why the sheeting and the duct tape used to hide the bodies had his fingerprints on them, he said.

To account for the entry of the Han home address into his car’s mapping system on the morning of the murders, Haobsh first described how two people in “crotch rocket attire” had fired a rifle at him in the parking lot of the iHop in Noleta. It happened to be a location that placed the Han house between him and a cell tower that pinged his location as he drove “nonstop” in fright, trying to figure out who was trying to kill him. In so doing, he accidentally “brushed” a button that gave the location of the Han’s home, he said.

Hoabsh then told a long and complicated story about how he came to text his friend TJ Direda that he was screwed and his life was over, a text Direda took to mean he’d killed the Hans. According to Haobsh, he’d stored an energy machine at Direda’s warehouse earlier, rented a truck in Tarzana to pick the equipment up after the murders, but found the warehouse empty. Along the way he’d left his car and his cell phones at the rental lot, using a disposable phone instead, which could not text. He asked another friend, electronic surveillance expert John Inlow, to text Direda that he was screwed and so on. As he drove some more, he was followed by a white SUV like one he’d noticed at the truck rental lot. Inlow told Haobsh the tracker on his cell phone was moving, and Haobsh asked him to sound its alarm. A hand appeared out the window of the SUV and threw a cell phone onto a “grassy knoll” along the freeway, which Haobsh retrieved. In answer to Voss’s question asking what he thought was going on, Haobsh replied it was a chess match between himself and the Department of Energy.

At the mid-afternoon mark, prosecutor Benjamin Ladinig launched a counteroffensive, asking Haobsh if he really thought anyone would believe him and if he’d been called a bullshitter or con artist before. Ladinig told of the interviewee who’d called Haobsh a “rattlesnake,” several who called him a liar, and one who called him an “evil dude” capable of killing people. To all these, Haobsh offered no denials; to many, he asked to see the written statements. He said “rattlesnake” was a compliment from that individual and added he’d had a falling out with all those people.

The “falling out,” Ladinig scoffed, was because Haobsh had defrauded them of $400,000. His investors were surprised to find his energy machine was connected to a car battery, Ladinig said. Yes, Haobsh replied calmly, it needed power to get started. At a second demonstration, one investor discovered it was connected to an underground power line outdoors. Haobsh disagreed, saying that outdoor line went to some lights.

Haobsh would have been the first in mankind to produce such a device, Ladinig proclaimed, but Haobsh replied that people at the Department of Energy had the technology — they just hadn’t been able to bring it to market for political and national security reasons. This led to questions about Haobsh’s military record, which extended over six weeks in the Army in 2014. Shortly after that, Haobsh said, he worked for eight or nine months at Sector 9, an underground base in Nevada or Arizona. He wasn’t sure where because he’d been flown there in the middle of the night.

The prosecutor then began to pick at Haobsh’s ego, asking him about his success with the ladies as a body builder, and why he discussed plastic surgery with his sister. Haobsh replied he was a perfectionist, seeking an ideal weight of 240 pounds and 4 percent body fat. Ladinig then questioned Haobsh about telling Direda a woman had “taken me to the cleaners” for $10,000 and not even slept with him. Haobsh said he’d met her on a dating site. “What’s it called?” asked Ladinig. “WhatsYourPrice.com,” Haobsh replied, whereupon one of the 18 people attending court via Zoom gasped, “Jesus.”

Ladinig’s point was that Haobsh was broke but sending texts showing his bank account to hold $940 million and $85 million. At the time of the murders, it was actually around $500, he said. Haobsh said he’d lied to the woman because he’d wanted her to think he was successful, then fearing he was being used, told her he was broke. He argued that those records could have been doctored by anyone other than himself, citing keystrokes and PhotoShop techniques, especially by an agency with skills like the DOE.

“Who altered them?” Ladinig asked.

“I don’t know,” said Haobsh.

“Who killed the Hans?” Ladinig asked next.

“I don’t know which individuals,” said Haobsh. He just knew what was going on around him, and the DOE was involved. He’d written letters to the prosecutors, Judge Brian Hill — who is adjudicating the case — the sheriff, and Donald Trump saying six to 12 operatives from the DOE, in a clandestine unit, did the murders, Ladinig described. Why would the DOE murder the Hans when it was Haobsh who was the threat with his energy machine? he asked. Henry Han had one of the devices; it was like killing two birds with one stone, Haobsh said.

Both sides are likely to sum up their cases on Wednesday, right before the Thanksgiving holiday. It will then be up to Judge Hill to decide which version of events to believe.

bump cuz if true wow..

https://www.independent.com/2021/11/...amily-murders/

Pierre Haobsh Found Guilty in Han Family Murders

Mountain of Evidence Too Much for Judge Brian Hill to Ignore in Grisly Crime

Pierre Haobsh was found guilty on all charges Wednesday by Judge Brian Hill in the triple-homicide case that prosecutors called “one of the most unspeakable horrors and murders” in Santa Barbara history.

In the juryless bench trial, Judge Hill rendered a guilty verdict on each of the three counts of felony first-degree murder, also finding that the severity of each crime called for all applicable enhacements, including special allegations for murder for financial gain, multiple murders, and lying in wait.

The verdict brings closure to a case that began when Dr. Henry Han, described by prosecutor Benjamin Ladinig as “one of Santa Barbara’s most beloved healers, and a beacon of light,” was left bullet ridden — shot to death in his sleep along with his wife, Jennie, and their five-year-old daughter Emily in the early morning hours of March 23, 2016. Han and his wife took three bullets each to the head, while Emily was shot eight times.

Haobsh was arrested three days after the murders following a tip from his friend and associate Thomas “TJ” Direda, who provided detectives with information that would lead them to find out Haobsh had committed the killings after incorporating a business with Han, called Obsidian Teradyne, that aimed to synthesize CBD for herbal medicine.

A “mountain of evidence,” as Ladinig described it, from the prosecution team of Ladinig and Hilary Dozer proved how Haobsh carried out the crime: Cell phone records, video surveillance, and internet history traced Haobsh as he researched and purchased the weapon in Arizona, and then at Home Depot buying the materials for a homemade suppressor and the plastic sheeting and duct tape used to wrap the three bodies.

Screenshots from his own laptop and phone showed how he stole Han’s information using spyware and gained access to his Chase online banking account in an attempt to transfer $77,000 to his own account. But not even Haobsh’s own testimony — a sprawling and fantastic account of a life full of secret operatives, perpetual energy prototypes, and miracle cancer cures — could explain what may be the biggest question, which at one point was asked by the defendant himself as he was questioned by Ladinig earlier in the morning on Wednesday.

“Why would somebody shoot her eight times?” Haobsh asked, while an autopsy photo of his youngest victim, Emily, was shown on the screen in Judge Hill’s Department 2 courtroom. Haobsh refused to look at the screen, except through the corner of his eye, as Ladinig flipped through the photos of the three victims.

“I don’t know, why did you?” Ladinig fired back.

Haobsh denied any involvement and added to his previous day of testimony by telling his side of the story, which by any account was hard to believe. He told friends he was going into FBI protective custody, that he was a DEA informant, that he was in a Hollywood movie development deal, and later that he was dying of “incurable cancer” and had only a few months to live.

On the stand, Haobsh denied sending messages sent from his phone on a case-by-case basis; some he remembered in great detail, while others he said could not possibly have come from him. He is hesitant to call them lies — they are “exaggerated,” “not completely accurate,” or “taken out of context.”

He didn’t have cancer, he admitted, but thought he was exposed to a cancer-causing chemical that he said had the potential to cause his cells to mutate. Through work in his home lab, he said he performed cell studies and was able to overcome the health scare.

“So your testimony is that you cured cancer and created a free energy machine?” Ladinig asked.

Haobsh sent multiple faked screenshots of bank accounts worth $2.7 million, $85 million, and one for $940 million, using an HTML-editing trick often used by teenagers changing their grades to show their parents. The trick allows somebody to change the text on a website to say whatever they want, without changing any actual content of the page.

At one point, Ladinig brought up a text from Haobsh to a girlfriend, Allie, admitting to lying about the account. But even then he does not concede, testifying that he did in fact have the money in various accounts set up by the Department of Energy, but told Allie he lied about it because he thought she would “just be asking for money.”

During the prosecution’s closing statement, Ladinig referred to Haobsh as “a lying liar who lies about lying,” and dismissed his theories of hacking, planted evidence, and Department of Energy conspiracies as far-fetched and unbelievable.

“The notion of a frame job is so far outside this universe that no human being with any semblance of common sense would believe it,” Ladinig said.

The defense team of Christine Voss and Michael Hanley fought against the notion that Haobsh’s story was implausible, and Voss was able to sow doubt in various aspects of the prosecution’s case.

Voss questioned the experts called by Dozer and Ladinig and said that investigators did not adequately pursue other suspects or theories once Haobsh was fingered as a suspect. She also pointed to the polarizing testimony of Dr. Brent Turvey, who called into doubt the law enforcement’s entire methodology of matching weapons to ammunition. Turvey said that there is no empirical, scientific way to truly prove a bullet was fired from a specific gun.

Haobsh waived his right to a jury trial in exchange for the District Attorney’s Office taking the death penalty off the table, agreeing to leave his fate instead in the hands of Judge Hill, who ultimately decided that the evidence stacked against the defendant was too much to ignore.

“The evidence in my mind proves beyond any possible doubt, any shadow of a doubt, no doubt whatsoever, that he is guilty,” Hill said.

Haobsh will return to court for sentencing at 9 a.m. on January 24, 2022. He faces a sentence of life without the possibility of parole.

It sounds like Dr. Weidong “Henry” Han was a good man who worked to heal his fellow man. I can see the elite reptilian big pharma would see him as a treat, It sounds like a few other people were trying t "work" him. Sounds like he got caught up with some bad people alright.