Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump Thinks Obama Says ‘ISIL’ Instead of ‘ISIS’ Because He Wants to ‘Bother People’

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    This thread is stupid.
    It is, but here's another one:

"BAH-ghi-stahn"

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    nukular
    Is the correct pronunciation, in Texas
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    It is, but here's another one:

"BAH-ghi-stahn"
    Nope. Pak-is-stan.

Not gonna go around calling Paris "pahh`reegh" either.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Trump : Everyone else says ‘ISIS.’ And I actually think he does it to bother people.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...bother-people/
    Geesh . . . President-elect Trump will need some serious de-briefing if he ever gets to be the nation's chief executive

ISIL is - as far as I know - the most grammatically correct translation . . . and a President Trump's State Department would
    certainly be using that term - whether he likes it or NOT.

So, deal with it Trump . . .

• Declaration of an Islamic state in Iraq: 13 October 2006
    • Claim of territory in the Levant: 8 April 2013
    • Separated from al-Qaeda: 3 February 2014
    • Declaration of caliphate: 29 June 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islami...and_the_Levant
    Last edited by Jan2017; 08-10-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Jan2017

ISIL is the term that the UN General Secretary and other world leaders have also used, Trump.

And another thing-y to learn Trumpie . . . it is applied here as a 20th century definition as in
    the "Levant States", which was a French mandate that occurred after World War I consisting of Syria and Lebanon.

The Levant States were dissolved after the (New)Israel-Palestinian 1948-49 war,
    and refers to this region where the war vs. ISIL=ISIS=Daesch continues as of June 2016.

Lebanese army soldiers patrol as a Red Cross member walks near the site where suicide bomb attacks took place June 27 in the village of Qaa.
    Four suicide bombers attacked the predominantly Christian village in northeast Lebanon near the border with Syria, killing at least five people in addition to themselves. (CNS Reuters)
    Last edited by Jan2017; 08-18-2016 at 11:21 AM.

I think Obama uses ISIL, rather than Islamic State in SYRIA or ISIS, to deflect from the disaster he helped create in Syria. It is a fact that the Obama administration helped ISIS to rise to power, through both direct and indirect support. Just read the 2012 DIA Memo. Read the Wikileaks release of Hillary's memo about why she wanted to overthrow Assad, for Israel.
    Last edited by AtlantaIconoclast; 08-18-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaIconoclast View Post
    I think Obama uses ISIL, rather than Islamic State in SYRIA or ISIS, to deflect from the disaster he helped create in Syria. It is a fact that the Obama administration helped ISIS to rise to power, through both direct and indirect support. Just read the 2012 DIA Memo. Read the Wikileaks release of Hillary's memo about why she wanted to overthrow Assad, for Israel.
    Obama and Kerry and the US State Department all use it for the same reasons -
    ISIL is what the UN General Assembly refers to the terrorism caliphate as, as well.

After reporters continue to use ISIS in their questions the world leader being questioned usually changes terms midstream -
    ISIS is what the msm wants the caliphate to be known as.

Wouldn't it be so funny if the USA under Trump declared war on ISIS rather than ISIL, n'est-ce pas?
    Last edited by Jan2017; 08-18-2016 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    What do you think would happen to peaceful Christians if "Christian Terrorists" was in the news 100 times a day? People would begin to hate and fear any Christian, as they do now with any Muslim. This kind of fear-mongering supports ME wars and the populace will accept it because of those Muslim Terrorists.

It's the same kind of rhetoric that was done against the Indians, the Jews, the Irish, etc. WE don't need this; we need a way to stop meddling in the ME, protect our own country, and spread peace.

I am not an Obama fan, but in this instance, as well as the official term of ISIL, I agree.

I agree and I even support Trump's proposed ban on Islamic immigration. If you ever visit the very pro Trump theconservativetreehouse.com, you will see endless hateful comments grouping ALL Muslims together. While I don't want large numbers of Islamic immigrants here, I don't want them demonized or are all lumped together. This demonization serves Israel first and foremost. Most of the rubes at theconservativetreehouse.com think Obama and Hillary have destabilized the Middle East to help the Muslim Brotherhood and hurt Israel, when Israel is the main driving force behind the destabilization. Ignorance rules there. And I am a Trump supporter.

I agree and I even support Trump's proposed ban on Islamic immigration. If you ever visit the very pro Trump theconservativetreehouse.com, you will see endless hateful comments grouping ALL Muslims together. While I don't want large numbers of Islamic immigrants here, I don't want them demonized or are all lumped together. This demonization serves Israel first and foremost. Most of the rubes at theconservativetreehouse.com think Obama and Hillary have destabilized the Middle East to help the Muslim Brotherhood and hurt Israel, when Israel is the main driving force behind the destabilization. Ignorance rules there. And I am a Trump supporter.
    Thank you for being a Trump supporter that can actually hold intelligent dialog- very much appreciated.

We don't have to agree 100% to be able to learn from each other and that is a breath of fresh air.
    There is no spoon.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nstead-of-ISIS

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    This thread is stupid.
    Get yer own Caliphate .LOL
    Do something Danke

Good call.

does anyone else miss the good ol days of al-qaeda when it was cool to call it al ciaduh?

i do, i hated having to switch it up to isis or isil or whatever and I really hate turning acronyms into actual words... and $#@!.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Trump is the idiot; Obama is correct.
    from your article:

it means the rest of us don’t have to study up on the details. But the most ignorant of Americans see it differently.

IOW, "Some ignorant Americans trust Obama, while others don't.."

Can't decide whether this is hubris or irony.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    from your article:

it means the rest of us don’t have to study up on the details. But the most ignorant of Americans see it differently.

IOW, "Some ignorant Americans trust Obama, while others don't.."

Can't decide whether this is hubris or irony.
    Probably both.
    There is no spoon.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-25-2018 at 07:28 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Which term implies a bigger mission for the US to meddle in?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No more ISIL?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic