Thread: Sheldon Adelson’s Israeli Newspaper Has a Crush on Donald Trump by Robert Mackey

Sheldon Adelson’s Israeli Newspaper Has a Crush on Donald Trump by Robert Mackey

After Trump’s primary victories earlier this week, the newspaper told its readers on Thursday that he was “Nearly There.”

On Tuesday, under the banner headline “Trump Not Afraid to Say ‘Islamic Terrorism,’” the candidate’s praises were sung by his old friend Rudy Giuliani, the former New York mayor whose own failed bid for the presidency in 2008 was bankrolled by Adelson.

Inside, there was a transcript of Bismuth’s long chat with Giuliani, conducted partly in Jerusalem and partly in Las Vegas, where the former mayor had attended a gala in his honor staged by Adelson last month. (According to Tal Schneider, an Israeli blogger who obtained video of that event, Adelson answered the question of whether he might support Trump by saying: “Trump is a businessman. I am a businessman. He employs a lot of people. I employed 50,000 people. Why not?”)
    https://theintercept.com/2016/03/18/...-donald-trump/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

It appears Trump's image in Israeli media has improved sharply in just few months:

Trump gets backlash for 'anti-Semitic outrageousness'

Prominent Jewish figures and groups in an uproar after Trump hints Jews love to negotiate and control politicians with money.

By Ari Yashar
    First Publish: 12/4/2015

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is in hot water after voicing crass Jewish stereotypes on Thursday night at the Jewish Republican Coalition's Presidential Forum in Washington DC.

"I know why you’re not going to support me. You’re not going to support me because I don’t want your money. You want to control your own politicians," Trump said to the shock of the crowd.
    The real estate guru continued to stun as he stated his desire to force Israel and the Palestinian Authority (PA) to hold more peace talks by using another stereotype, saying, "this room negotiates deals. Perhaps more than any room I’ve ever spoken to."
    Responding to the comments, the National Jewish Democratic Council said, "Donald Trump has been remarkably offensive throughout his candidacy, but to make these sorts of remarks before a Jewish audience is a new level of outrageousness."
    Also expressing shock at the off-color statements was Ari Fleischer, who served as White House Press Secretary under George W. Bush.
    Quoting Trump's statements about Jews controlling their politicians with money, he asked, "what the hell does that mean?" on Twitter.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Ne...3#.Vu8yy1IWNp8

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump tells Israel Hayom reporter Boaz Bismuth at the Mar-a-Lago Club in West Palm Beach, Florida: My success is tremendous news for Israel. Your friend is leading in the primaries. I love you.

Following Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's press conference at his Mar-a-Lago Club in West Palm Beach, Florida, on Tuesday, I was confused about where to exit the building.

Fortunately, my parents always taught me to use the main door. As I went up the stairs, I heard a familiar voice. A tall, broad man was standing there with his back to me, talking, laughing, and being photographed. I recognized Trump's back and approached him. I had met him for the first time in November 2012 in Boston, and since then have interviewed him twice in Nevada.

"Hi, I'm the journalist from Israel who interviewed you," I said.

"Sure, Boaz," Trump replied. "How are you?"

"Good, sir," I said. "Nice to see you. This is a big day for you."

"This is a big day for America and Americans and it is also a big day for me, I must admit," Trump said. "No one gave me a chance, you remember. We talked about it. And now support for me is only growing."

"Is your success good news for Israel?" I asked.

"It's tremendous news for Israel," he said. "Your friend is leading in the primaries. I've always been your friend, even at the toughest moments. And that's not going to change. I love you."

"You mentioned Iran in your remarks and the bad nuclear deal," I said.

"There are some things I don't want to talk about, it would not be wise," Trump said. "But if we're talking about good news for Israel, then of course it is less good news for those who don't like Israel."

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic