Thread: Epiphany : we've been doing this all wrong all along. Piggy back off Trump for delegates

Epiphany : we've been doing this all wrong all along. Piggy back off Trump for delegates

The dumb thing to do was to be anti-Trump, the right thing to do was to piggy back off his success and disorganization to get delegates for ourselves and have more influence in the process.

Its not too late either.

Discuss.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The problem is the purists are too set in their ways to use such a strategy. Seems like libertarians tend to be purist at all the wrong times, like when it comes to actually put their best foot forward to influence the process.

If people are willing to do it, then by all means it should be done ASAP.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

It depends. Most of the Trump states are proportional open primaries, where the campaigns already have submitted slates of possible delegates. The closed caucus states I suspect Cruz's campaign has a lot of those locked down. But there may be possibilities in states like KY, CO, TX.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Some epiphanies are better than others.

I've been saying this for some time now.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

I would never vote for Trump voluntarily, but I would definitely be a secret squirrel Rand supporting Trump delegate if given the opportunity. May be a little late in the process, though.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Still possible in states where delegates are awarded via convention or awarded via winning districts and the campaign submits slates.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

Working on this plan in California, probably viable in New York too and other primaries where delegates are chosen by districts won. Later states probably have not completed their lists yet and are probably looking for qualified experienced people who can "afford" to go.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    at least Rand would have been a positive adviser to Trump.

but Purists like their toys for themselves.

So.....the plan is what exactly?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    So.....the plan is what exactly?
    Get some influence, have some fun. At least thats my plan.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    The dumb thing to do was to be anti-Trump
    It's dumb for anyone not to be anti-Trump.

Get some influence, have some fun. At least thats my plan.
    Go for it.

The dumb thing to do was to be anti-Trump, the right thing to do was to piggy back off his success and disorganization to get delegates for ourselves and have more influence in the process.

Its not too late either.

Discuss.
    Exactly. A corvette is faster than Auh20 on speed, so clearly streaming on a Roku is better than putting skim milk on some Cheerios. It's a good thing turtles don't wear sunglasses or we'd never get a drone to land in the overgrown detention pond.

What a pipe dream, pie in the sky idea of trying to get a win for liberty and cause GOP disorganization by helping Trump reach the magic number. If you want to cause disorganization and chaos, you would be doing exactly what we are doing now and not support Trump. I am sorry but you and everyone else who thinks supporting Trump is a good idea have lost your god damn minds.
    Last edited by juleswin; 04-17-2016 at 09:11 PM.

I don't see anyone saying to actually "support Trump". I thought the idea was just to become his delegates if that was possible.

In which case I'd love it.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Exactly. A corvette is faster than Auh20 on speed, so clearly streaming on a Roku is better than putting skim milk on some Cheerios. It's a good thing turtles don't wear sunglasses or we'd never get a drone to land in the overgrown detention pond.

What a pipe dream, pie in the sky idea of trying to get a win for liberty and cause GOP disorganization by helping Trump reach the magic number. If you want to cause disorganization and chaos, you would be doing exactly what we are doing now and not support Trump. I am sorry but you and everyone else who thinks supporting Trump is a good idea have lost your god damn minds.
    LOL I did not for one second say anything about lifting a finger for him. That was your interpretation because your mind works at a different (maybe slower) pace.

So calm down, if I get the delegate position, I'll do a post and maybe you can go scream into your refrigerator.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Neocon View Post
    I don't see anyone saying to actually "support Trump". I thought the idea was just to become his delegates if that was possible.

In which case I'd love it.

Exactly, I would rather Rand win my district and take the delegates so I could go to the RNC but if I have to piggy back off Trump to get the same result, doesn't make a difference. I'll go and troll some people and maybe nominate Ron for the $#@! of it. Its much better to have one more liberty person at the RNC than one less. There isn't much to do there anyway but to watch the GOP $#@! Trump and Cruz and put in the guy they like.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Exactly, I would rather Rand win my district and take the delegates so I could go to the RNC but if I have to piggy back off Trump to get the same result, doesn't make a difference. I'll go and troll some people and maybe nominate Ron for the $#@! of it. Its much better to have one more liberty person at the RNC than one less. There isn't much to do there anyway but to watch the GOP $#@! Trump and Cruz and put in the guy they like.

There won't be any nominating by any delegates...There will be a script read, and the "ayes" will have it.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic