Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Libertarians are Jumping Ship This Election Cycle

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    Holy $#@! we have people in here defending Trump's endorsement of Mitt and extreme non-endorsement of Ron, and also knocking Rand for endorsing Mitt.
    NO, we have someone here ignoring what I said. I said Trump endorsed Mitt when Trump was fully in with the establishment, then brought up 8 points of fact showing that he has since been on the outs with the establishment. It was not a defense of his past, it was just providing context about where he is at present.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...lism-on-purge/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Yes, and Ron also described himself as a Republican and the most conservative member of Congress.
    Yes, he did. But (you can thank Limbaugh, Beck,and Hannity for this) what people think of when they hear the word "conservative" is not someone like Ron. In their minds, Ronald Reagan is the father of modern conservatism, and George W. Bush was following in RR's footsteps. (It's enough to make a true conservative barf, I understand.)

This has less to do with Trump than it does with getting someone in office who is not bought and paid for by the donor class and who is not directly responsible for the failure of our government to facilitate an environment where we have an economy that supports good jobs for Americans.

Liberty people have got to start talking to people outside the liberty movement. We do a good job of talking to each other, but we do a poor job of talking to people outside our circle. It's okay to have writer and thinkers, but we need to be talking to politicians and convincing them to see things from a liberty perspective.
    Last edited by euphemia; 03-18-2016 at 12:44 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

ďIím a doctor. Thatís a baby.Ē~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Peace Piper View Post
    That's the spirit!

Why not complete the work that Rand started. Drive away every last one of the people that Ron attracted. You're going to get your wish, cultist. You're going to be one of around 20 or 25 people left on the site (your buddy r3volting will no doubt be around) and it will be like "Lord of the Flies" and then you can all turn on each other- because that's all you are capable of.

How old are you anyway?
    Curious, where did Rand drive Ron's supporters to? To Trump? I get that Rand is viewed as not as pure as Ron, particularly with guys like Rockwell and Block. Held that view myself, but to support Trump makes no sense. If Ron is the benchmark, Rand is far closer to Ron, Trump isn't even a close second. I get that minarchists feel like they need to vote for somebody, but AnCaps supporting any Assclown just because he has a chance, seems unprincipled.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    This has less to do with Trump than it does with getting someone in office who is not bought and paid for by the donor class and who is not directly responsible for the failure of our government to facilitate an environment where we have an economy that supports good jobs for Americans.

Liberty people have got to start talking to people outside the liberty movement. We do a good job of talking to each other, but we do a poor job of talking to people outside our circle. It's okay to have writer and thinkers, but we need to be talking to politicians and convincing them to see things from a liberty perspective.
    EXACTLY.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

So what? The world of politics is very fluid. I think Ron could be the bigger person and reach out a little bit. Trump's not stupid. He know Ron has a significant following. It won't cost anything to reach out.
    If Ron is going to do this at all, it should be with Cruz.

The vast majority of Ron's supporters weren't Libertarians. Most of them began supporting Trump a long time ago. It's good to have the Libertarians on board. But Trump already has the base that supported Ron Paul.

And that's why I go to the state Capitol on a regular basis.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    The vast majority of Ron's supporters weren't Libertarians. Most of them began supporting Trump a long time ago. It's good to have the Libertarians on board. But Trump already has the base that supported Ron Paul.
    You're confusing "base" with "soft support".
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    That would be rich. They are both from Texas. If they haven't been talking by now, then that's just too bad. Cruz doesn't reach out to people very well.
    #NashvilleStrong

ďIím a doctor. Thatís a baby.Ē~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    You're confusing "base" with "soft support".
    Nope.

I knew as soon as it became evident that the media couldn't shake Trump's support loose who his base was.

It's the people who had already seen those tactics used on Ron Paul. It's "nose on your face" flagrantly evident.

Supporting Member
    Colorado

Trump is Giuliani 2.0 - "Freedom is about authority"

Libertarians don't really need to vote this election . . .
    unless they have a Senator endorsing Trump that they want to vote against

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Holy smokes, did you just say a mouth full. If I was able to to the +rep thing I would, but I'm still not worthy I guess, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Curious, where did Rand drive Ron's supporters to? To Trump? I get that Rand is viewed as not as pure as Ron, particularly with guys like Rockwell and Block. Held that view myself, but to support Trump makes no sense. If Ron is the benchmark, Rand is far closer to Ron, Trump isn't even a close second. I get that minarchists feel like they need to vote for somebody, but AnCaps supporting any Assclown just because he has a chance, seems unprincipled.
    No one is voting for Trump based on his purity so what you are saying does not apply. Most see Trump as a battering ram against the establishment and the media, that is all. No one is claiming he's a liberty candidate, least of all him, Rand however did fashion himself a Defender of Liberty so obviously he is held to a different standard.
    Last edited by hankrichter12; 03-18-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Supporting Member
    Colorado

Quote Originally Posted by hankrichter12 View Post
    Holy smokes, did you just say a mouth full. If I was able to to the +rep thing I would, but I'm still not worthy I guess, sorry.
    You are the first on the forum that I have ever seen going down in rep boxes, but there are probably others
    - only one more now to go until they turn red with negative rep?
    Last edited by Jan2017; 03-18-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    You are the first on the forum that I have ever seen going down in rep boxes, but there are probably others
    As long as I'm not going down in my gold/silver/ammo stores I fail to see the issue.

As it relates to the current GOP primary, the only people getting neg reps is the reality based community on here.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Nah, Cruz and his wife are one-world government folks. That probably fits well with your beliefs though, since you are constantly hawking the illegal alien overrun of our country. But, Ron Paul, nah, not a fit.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Is that how it works now? The less rep you have, the more grounded in reality you are? Oh boy. A new game.
    ================

As it relates to the current GOP primary, the only people getting neg reps is the reality based community on here.
    And there are only 3 or 4 serial neg-reppers doing the neg-repping. Here is one of them:

That's why I always try to +rep the "reality" posters as much as I can - to try to help offset these neg-rep terrorists. Alas, my rep-power is too low to make a significant impact, but every little bit helps I suppose. LOL
    Last edited by openfire; 03-18-2016 at 02:33 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nah, Cruz and his wife are one-world government folks.
    Source?

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    And there are only 3 or 4 serial neg-reppers doing the neg-repping. Here is one of them:

That's why I always try to +rep the "reality" posters as much as I can - to try to help offset these neg-rep terrorists. Alas, my rep-power is too low to make a significant impact, but every little bit helps I suppose. LOL
    ^ Got neg-repped for this post too.

Quote Originally Posted by hankrichter12 View Post

No one is voting for Trump based on his purity so what you are saying does not apply. Most see Trump as a battering ram against the establishment and the media, that is all. No one is claiming he's a liberty candidate, least of all him, Rand however did fashion himself a Defender of Liberty so obviously he is held to a different standard.
    Yes, I know people aren't supporting Trump on principles, they want revenge for the 2012 convention or as a F U towards the powers that be. But what I posted does apply to what I quoted and bolded. How did Rand push Ron's supporters away then, if it wasn’t on principles? And what was Rockwell's negativity towards Rand if not for purity of principles? Most people I understand, they want to vote for whoever they perceive as the least evil or the other examples given, but Rockwell and his guys really disappoint me.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    ^ Got neg-repped for this post too.
    Have another.

Quote Originally Posted by Petar View Post
    No one in politics has the balls to really go after Hillary except for Trump.

You are living in an alternate reality if you cannot understand how badly he is going to destroy her.
    I hope you're right about this.

If Trump wins the nomination, I relish the idea of him ripping Hillary a new one. Lord knows, he's got a long list of things to choose from.

But in the end, I wonder how *really* down and dirty Trump will get. The "Clinton Machine" has demonstrated clearly how far it will go... if you know what I mean.

He's been successful in business, but Trump is a greenhorn in politics.

Different ballgame. Often very dirty ballgame. Sometimes a deadly ballgame.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 03-18-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Have another.
    Thank you, I'll add it to my collection. Neg rep from you is a badge of honor!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    Yes, I know people aren't supporting Trump on principles, they want revenge for the 2012 convention or as a F U towards the powers that be. But what I posted does apply to what I quoted and bolded. How did Rand push Ron's supporters away then, if it wasn’t on principles? And what was Rockwell's negativity towards Rand if not for purity of principles? Most people I understand, they want to vote for whoever they perceive as the least evil or the other examples given, but Rockwell and his guys really disappoint me.

Hmmm, not sure how I can explain it. I have more anger towards someone who pretends to be my friend and then stabs me in the back, as opposed to someone who was up front from the start that they hated me and do something bad.

I don't have any notions about Trump being a Liberty candidate, I don't see him claiming to carry that banner, I guess looking at Rand, since he was not a self-funded billionaire all he had that separated him from any other Rep talking about less govt was his principles, and he didn't stand on them, so I guess what else does he have to offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    But in the end, I wonder how *really* down and dirty Trump will get.
    Seems reasonably obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Define Terrorist please.

According to, well, pretty much both political parties, the other party is now guilty of Terrorism.
    Listening to the mainstream media is like standing under a power line when the birds are migrating.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nah, Cruz and his wife are one-world government folks. That probably fits well with your beliefs though, since you are constantly hawking the illegal alien overrun of our country. But, Ron Paul, nah, not a fit.

It is kinda funny how these same people who claim to love liberty keep pushing for world government, but I guess they think once the borders fall all those elites will just voluntarily step down, dissolve the UN, NATO, EU, etc and we'll have our anarchist utopia.

Well, Romney conspired with the GOP party bosses to completely destroy Ron Paul's candidacy and it didn't take Rand long to get over that.
    Trump was one of those conspirators dude, nice try.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast