Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donald Trump thinks Tiananmen Square should have been put down.

Donald Trump thinks Tiananmen Square should have been put down.

An interview that Trump gave to Playboy in 1990 has just come to my attention. If I’m the last to know about it, forgive me. Trump was asked about Gorbachev — who was nearing the end of his time in power. Trump said, “Russia is out of control and the leadership knows it. That’s my problem with Gorbachev. Not a firm enough hand.” His interviewer asked, “You mean firm hand as in China?” Trump answered, “When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak … as being spit on by the rest of the world –”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ananmen-square
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    But I thought the Chinese were out to get Trump!
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    An interview that Trump gave to Playboy in 1990 has just come to my attention. If I’m the last to know about it, forgive me. Trump was asked about Gorbachev — who was nearing the end of his time in power. Trump said, “Russia is out of control and the leadership knows it. That’s my problem with Gorbachev. Not a firm enough hand.” His interviewer asked, “You mean firm hand as in China?” Trump answered, “When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak … as being spit on by the rest of the world –”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ananmen-square
    This single quote alone should disqualify him from being supported on RPF.... but no. Even so-called 'liberty advocates' think killing protestors is just fine, as long as it's our team doing the killing.

Humans are so disappointing.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I DON'T PUT MUCH STOCK IN THE OPINION OF ANYONE WHO CLAIMS TO HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TRUMP IS SAYING

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    This single quote alone should disqualify him from being supported on RPF.... but no. Even so-called 'liberty advocates' think killing protestors is just fine, as long as it's our team doing the killing.

Yes, they are.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I had never seen this one before but what the hell, their are so many red flags about this man it is getting uncountable.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

It's a terrible thing to say, to be sure, but I still don't think that it nullifies that great good that he is doing as far as tearing down the establishment goes.

Libertarians will have a lot more success with the Donald as their enemy, VS the current status-quo.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

It should do more than disqualify him of support. I would go as far as to suggest it should disqualify you of participating in these boards.

I don't see how the discussion and support of a man who openly advocates for the murder of protesters, assassination of American citizens, committing war crimes, and disregarding due process fits within the mission statement here, but hey, that might just be me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    It should do more than disqualify him of support. I would go as far as to suggest it should disqualify you of participating in these boards.

I don't see how the discussion and support of a man who openly advocates for the murder of protesters, assassination of American citizens, committing war crimes, and disregarding due process fits within the mission statement here, but hey, that might just be me.
    I don't see how the discussion and support of a man who openly advocates for the murder of protesters, assassination of American citizens, committing war crimes, and disregarding due process fits within the mission statement here, but hey, that might just be me
    I don't see how the discussion and support of a man who openly advocates for the murder of protesters, assassination of American citizens, committing war crimes, and disregarding due process fits within the mission statement here, but hey, that might just be me
    amirite?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

The FFs said and DID a lot of horrible things but lots of 'liberty advocates' are fanboys of them. Humans can be very disgraceful. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Trump is a totalitarian friend of communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Voters don't give a $#@! about civil liberties of chinese citizens or illegal immigrants.

The Chinese government should keep the China sea peaceful so not a single US fingernail is broken because Kelly Ayotte is an intelligent woman pushing back against chauvinist Don.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Even so-called 'liberty advocates' think killing protestors is just fine, as long as it's our team doing the killing.
    Some members hate brown people more than they love freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Some members hate brown people more than they love freedom.
    Quoted for truth. They are willing to give up their liberties for it.
    A sense of danger gives birth to fear. And fear is the time-honored cross for the crucifixion of liberty.

It should be pointed out that Trump's analysis was 100% correct. Gorbachev would be violently ousted from power by his own party and the entire Soviet system would collapse just a year later. Food for thought for those that question Trump's "foreign policy credential". He accurately predicted the results of Gorbachev's policy while the so called "experts" were caught completely by surprise.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    It should be pointed out that Trump's analysis was 100% correct. Gorbachev would be violently ousted from power by his own party and the entire Soviet system would collapse just a year later. Food for thought for those that question Trump's "foreign policy credential". He accurately predicted the results of Gorbachev's policy while the so called "experts" were caught completely by surprise.
    So Trump was right that Gorbachev and the KGB did not have a firm enough hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    So Trump was right that Gorbachev and the KGB did not have a firm enough hand?
    Of course he was right. The government that put down Tiananmen Square is still in power. Gorbachev and his KGB friends are long gone. Objectively, there is no way you can argue with Trump's analysis. And remember, this is analysis. When Trump says Merkel is destroying her country and there are going to be riots and civil war he is explaining what is going to happen, not endorsing it.

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    Donald Trump thinks Tiananmen Square should have been put down.
    Of-course he does.

He would have gone after the Bundy's AND their families.

I think its safe to say that he sincerely feels that "authority" should never be challenged.
    Last edited by unknown; 06-05-2016 at 01:22 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Yeah team. It's going to be fun!

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Of course he was right. The government that put down Tiananmen Square is still in power. Gorbachev and his KGB friends are long gone. Objectively, there is no way you can argue with Trump's analysis. And remember, this is analysis. When Trump says Merkel is destroying her country and there are going to be riots and civil war he is explaining what is going to happen, not endorsing it.
    He was only right in the sense that he prescribed the right formula to retain power for the ruling class. So apparently he understands how to be a dictator. g g gre aa tt....

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    Voters don't RandallFan doesn't give a $#@! about civil liberties of chinese citizens or illegal immigrants.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTLaw View Post
    He was only right in the sense that he prescribed the right formula to retain power for the ruling class. So apparently he understands how to be a dictator. g g gre aa tt....
    It means he understands reality- an important trait if you hope to conduct sensible foreign policy. And not that it has anything to do with anything, but I would remind you that in the wake of the collapse of the USSR the true global elites took over that entire country and plundered everything they could get their hands on.

It means he understands reality- an important trait if you hope to conduct sensible foreign policy. And not that it has anything to do with anything, but I would remind you that in the wake of the collapse of the USSR the true global elites took over that entire country and plundered everything they could get their hands on.
    Yeah, like the "reality" that having a bunch of kids protesting for Liberty is bad for business so... KILL THEM !!!
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Had to print this out and I'm going to put it up in the break room at our office...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Painful to watch. This is what the GOP has come to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic