Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump says he will run 3rd party if Ron Paul is the nominee (2011)

Trump says he will run 3rd party if Ron Paul is the nominee (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Trump: Huntsman and Paul are 'joke candidates'

The mogul said if the right GOP nominee doesn't emerge, he'll jump in as an independent

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/455513.../#.Tt0BvFtNquO

If “the wrong candidate is nominated to run” and “it’s a candidate that’s not going to win and not very good,’’ Trump said he would “certainly think about running as an independent.’’ Despite dalliances with a possible presidential bid in the past, Trump said he has never seriously considered it until this year
    He was going to Run 3rd party against Ron Paul to make sure the democrats win.

[/QUOTE]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He is full of himself. He and the Republican party are making peace I wish they'd kill each other and the Democrat party. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ominee-is.html

I think Ron should run third party and save us!

A sure sign of Trumps establishment credentials. CFR all the way.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

how anyone here can back a Ron Paul-hating scumbag like Trump sickens me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    He is full of himself. He and the Republican party are making peace I wish they'd kill each other...
    Exactly the reason he's doing this. He obviously doesn't care about his 'political career', because if he cared about having one of those he'd have started it in the 1970s, and he knows the GOP won't survive it because that's the goal. Only the rank-and-file Republicans are still unclear on the concept.

...and the Democrat party.
    But the Democratic Party is obviously the intended beneficiary.

I think Ron should run third party and save us!
    I think Ron is bored with leading the horse to water and watching it refuse to drink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    A sure sign of Trumps establishment credentials. CFR all the way.
    case closed. send him to Siberia

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    He was going to Run 3rd party against Ron Paul to make sure the democrats win.
    He said this indirectly after Ron not only snubbed his debate invitation but rather did so in a manner essentially spitting in Trump's face in the media. I love Ron but he could have simply turned Trump down rather than mock him. But we are supposed to be angry at Trump when he hit Ron back after Ron's attack on him, oh please.

Ron Paul Turns Down Donald Trump's Debate Invitation 12-3-2011 (note article above is 12-5-2011)
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain.../#b9117e6e723d

You piss off Trump and it is always going to come back to bite you. Ron is no different still holding a grudge years later rather than look at the big picture of what a Hillary Clinton Presidency would bring compared to Trump.

btw - before someone says 3rd party to stop Hillary Clinton, well realistically that is a long shot and it is too late already. The money, ballot access and grassroots is just not there. We have what he have.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    He said this indirectly after Ron not only snubbed his debate invitation but rather did so in a manner essentially spitting in Trump's face in the media. I love Ron but he could have simply turned Trump down rather than mock him. But we are supposed to be angry at Trump when he hit Ron back after Ron's attack on him, oh please.

Ron Paul Turns Down Donald Trump's Debate Invitation 12-3-2011 (note article above is 12-5-2011)

You piss off Trump and it is always going to come back to bite you. Ron is no different still holding a grudge years later rather than look at the big picture of what a Hillary Clinton Presidency would bring compared to Trump.

btw - before someone says 3rd party to stop Hillary Clinton, well realistically that is a long shot and it is too late already. The money, ballot access and grassroots is just not there. We have what he have.
    What do you think Trump means what he says Ron Paul doesn't think in terms of Israel?

I'll answer because I know you won't.

When I become President, the days of treating Israel like a second-class citizen will end on Day One.
    Donald Trump at AIPAC: Full transcript of remarks to the pro-Israel lobby

Care to explain why Ron replied in such a manner. Or does your history lesson only stop at the point that you are comfortable with?

Michael Glassner,Trump's deputy campaign manager

In 2014, Glassner joined the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC), a group that works to strengthen American ties to Israel. In February 2016, Glassner said, "My interest in pro-Israel politics had grown exponentially. Particularly since 9-11, which represented a real credible threat to all Americans and in particular as a Jew, I felt very strongly about the threat of radical Islam and so I became more and more involved with AIPAC." At AIPAC, Glassner was the Southwest regional political director.

Yep, a big stinking pile of two party $#@!. Not eating that sandwich.
    "The Patriarch"

Ron Paul can come back out of retirement and run against Trump if he wants to.

That would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOf1776_J4 View Post
    Ron Paul can come back out of retirement and run against Trump if he wants to.

That would be interesting.
    Sure would be interesting to see how many people here would support Trump over Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    how anyone here can back a Ron Paul-hating scumbag like Trump sickens me.
    Its almost as sickening as the prospect of Hillary.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    Its almost as sickening as the prospect of Hillary.
    And if you keep thinking it must be either/or, then they have you exactly where they want you.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by fcreature View Post
    Sure would be interesting to see how many people here would support Trump over Ron.
    Not me, in that case it's RON PAUL FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    And if you keep thinking it must be either/or, then they have you exactly where they want you.
    I have eventually ended up going the 3rd party route for over 30 years and losing on issue after issue on each cycle with either or of two main parties. This is the first time someone may actually make the nomination in the two party system that actually hits on about a dozen or more points that we have been unable to achieve or prevent from being eroded or lost. (Yes, despite all his flaws).

Believing it is all going to come crashing down to be replaced with something else or some third party miracle is going to happen has proven time and time again to be a pipe dream in my life time. So I think I will take my chance this time around rather than continue to lose more ground in this cycle.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Thank you for pointing out the obvious.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

I have eventually ended up going the 3rd party route for over 30 years and losing on issue after issue on each cycle with either or of two main parties. This is the first time someone may actually make the nomination in the two party system that actually hits on about a dozen or more points that we have been unable to achieve or prevent from being eroded or lost. (Yes, despite all his flaws).

Believing it is all going to come crashing down to be replaced with something else or some third party miracle is going to happen has proven time and time again to be a pipe dream in my life time. So I think I will take my chance this time around rather than continue to lose more ground in this cycle.
    I hear Israel has a lot of internet schills that go online to influence american politics. Where are you from Kahless?

I hear Israel has a lot of internet schills that go online to influence american politics. Where are you from Kahless?

US citizen, family has been here for generations.

US citizen, family has been here for generations.
    Those were two different statements, I was just wondering where you were from. You were the one that brought yourself up by talking about your 30 years in politics.

Those were two different statements, I was just wondering where you were from. You were the one that brought yourself up by talking about your 30 years in politics.
    What you are saying is Ron/Rand supporters that feel that have no other option than to decide this cycle to vote for Trump based on a dozen data points where they are the same or similar to Ron/Rand on issues, as opposed to giving aid and comfort to Hillary Clinton some how makes me some here an Israel shill. The level of anti-Trump bull$#@! here is just plain so irrational it is laughable.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What you are saying is Ron/Rand supporters that feel that have no other option than to decide this cycle to vote for Trump based on a dozen data points where they are the same or similar to Ron/Rand on issues, as opposed to giving aid and comfort to Hillary Clinton some how makes me some here an Israel shill. The level of anti-Trump bull$#@! here is just plain so irrational it is laughable.
    Trump has been evaluated by the members of this forum. On liberty positions he has scored an "F." The forums position on Trump is "NON-SUPPORTIVE." The forum also does not support Hillary. You are creating a non-existent dimension to the situation. Stop with the bull$#@!.

Really ... moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Trump has been evaluated by the members of this forum. On liberty positions he has scored an "F." The forums position on Trump is "NON-SUPPORTIVE." The forum also does not support Hillary. You are creating a non-existent dimension to the situation. Stop with the bull$#@!.
    Wow so threatened by differing opinions. A topic was created on this subject not be me but someone that obviously expects a variety of opinions. This is a discussion forum after all which would not make much of a discussion forum if we all agreed 100%. There is no position that says one must bash and lie about candidates or all agree on a topic or take some vow of whom we are going to vote or not vote for.

If you do not want to discuss Trump or can't handle a discussion about Trump, then stop participating in Trump threads in the 2016 GOP candidates forum.

It seems most of the people that continually whine about Trump threads and posts are the ones actually creating them and then spamming comments in those same threads ultimately getting angry since the replies did not 100% agree with them.

Wow so threatened by differing opinions. A topic was created on this subject not be me but someone that obviously expects a variety of opinions. This is a discussion forum after all which would not make much of a discussion forum if we all agreed 100%. There is no position that says one must bash and lie about candidates or all agree on a topic or take some vow of whom we are going to vote or not vote for.

If you do not want to discuss Trump or can't handle a discussion about Trump, then stop participating in Trump threads in the 2016 GOP candidates forum.

It seems most of the people that continually whine about Trump threads and posts are the ones actually creating them and then spamming comments in those same threads ultimately getting angry since the replies did not 100% agree with them.
    success brings envy. They can't accept Rand Paul has to learn from Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    success brings envy. They can't accept Rand Paul has to learn from Trump.
    Learn to what, piss on the US Constitution? No thanks.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

I was discussing it. I was discussing the forums position on Trump. Also, you are side-stepping your snub at those that do not support Trump and saying they therefore support Hillary. Which is balderdash and the point of my post. This site does NOT support Trump. To equate that and therefore it's members that do not support Trump to being supporters of Hillary is bull$#@!.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic