Thread: Campaign Evaluation: John McAfee (POTUS)

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries

Campaign Evaluation: John McAfee (POTUS)

This thread is intended to be a collection point of the strong pros and cons of any potential liberty candidate / campaign that is being discussed / promoted on the forum. You are welcome to post both positive and not-so-positive attributes about the candidate as they related to the evaluation.

Information

Candidate Information
    Candidate Name: John McAfee
    Office Sought: President of the United States
    Social Media:
    https://twitter.com/officialmcafee
    https://www.youtube.com/user/officialjohnmcafee
    https://www.facebook.com/officialmcafee

Race Information: Competition & Demographics
    Incumbent: Barack Obama
    Other Primary Candidates: Libertarian Party, see: http://2016.libertarian-party.org
    Non-Incumbent Candidates from Other Parties: Hillary Clinton, Ted Cruz, John Kasich, Bernie Sanders, Donald Trump
    Relevant poll numbers: None.

Evaluation

Candidate Profile: Issues
    Civil Liberties: A+
    Constitutional Issues: B+
    Economic Issues: A+
    Foreign Policy: A
    Social Issues: A+
    Overall Issues Rating: A

Candidate Profile: Personal
    Honesty: no issues
    Issue consistency: no issues
    Personality: no issues
    Associations: no issues
    Personal history: minor concerns
    Overall Personal Rating: A-

Candidate Rating: A-

Race Profile Rating
    Race Impact Rating: A
    Victory Impact Rating: D

Race Profile Rating: A

Overall Rating: A-

Evaluation Commentary

Key strong points: Solid on issues, excellent name recognition, well spoken.

Possible weak points: none known.

Possible deal breakers: none known.

Unknown points for further research: additional policy details are needed.

Rating commentary: John McAfee presents a very solid position on the issues, is well spoken and has excellent name recognition given his business history. Running as a Libertarian Party presents both positives and negatives, and while overall campaign success will be difficult to achieve there is strong value in supporting his campaign due to the impact it can have on the country.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    [Mod edit- remove old information]

https://web.archive.org/web/20151113...16.com/issues/
    Last edited by presence; 04-02-2016 at 01:18 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I believe his website is now http://www.bealibertarian.com/
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    I believe his website is now http://www.bealibertarian.com/
    yes but the "issues" tab doesn't load there. I pulled the info from the wayback machine.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Anyone who doesn't oppose the fed or the wars is dismissed. I don't hear anyone close to RP ideals. Maybe I will campaign?. If trump can run anyone can.

I hope he changed his mind on a few of those positions. I'm not a fan of public works projects and college for everyone. Hope he has a position on the Fed, mostly agreeable on some big issues, I think cyber security is a real threat. I think his heart and principles based off his real life experience are in the right place and in line with our cause. His welfare ideas are not in line with our cause and I hope he has come around on these issues, though I guess as far as welfare goes, I've heard and we have worse.

Here are the issues from his updated site, seems he dropped the ones I questioned as in line with our cause and added ENDING THE FED!
    Quote Originally Posted by John McAfee issues
    Our Personal Freedoms

Our bodies and our minds belong to ourselves.

Individuals should be free to make choices for themselves and to accept responsibility for the consequences of the choices they make. Our support of an individual's right to make choices in life does not mean that we necessarily approve or disapprove of those choices.

Criminal laws should be limited to violation of the rights of others through force or fraud, or deliberate actions that place others involuntarily at significant risk of harm.

“One of the first acts of a McAfee Administration would be the wholesale decriminalization of marijuana by changing its schedule -something that can be done without congressional consent – along with pardons to any individual serving time for non-violent marijuana possession.”

The War On Drugs is an abject failure, spreading misery across the world and here at home. From America’s abysmal incarceration rates, to the terror inflicted internationally in the name of drug eradication, the War on Drugs has had terrible consequences. Drug legalization should be an issue decided on the state level. Production of drugs in any other country should be the concern of that country.

Foreign Policy & Cyber Awareness

“The US has for too long considered itself as the world's policeman, at the expense of rational internal growth. This must change. Interference in the affairs of foreign states is the true cause of national animosities, and is the fertilizer and feed for terrorism.” –John McAfee

We reject the interventionist pursuit of idealistic and moral goals. Our foreign policy should emphasize defense, especially the defense of our national technological infrastructure.

We must seek to end the current United States government policy of foreign intervention, including military and economic aid.

We must focus on using our strength only when and where it protects the security and interests of the American people, not multinational corporations or war profiteers.

Cyber Awareness

One of the few legitimate roles of the American government is to provide for our national security –the defense of our nation against all forms of aggression.

The United States government, like many western nations, has lost touch with the technology upon which our world is built.

“With its new government, Australia has announced the creation of the Digital Transformation Office – a cabinet level Position. The goal of the office is to bring cyber awareness and cyber security education into the Australian Government. They recognize that the nation of the future cannot survive without Cyber Awareness within its leadership. We must look hard at this example and ask ourselves how we got to the tragic situation of cyber illiteracy that we now occupy. We must immediately change course, lest we be at the mercy of more technologically astute nations.”

Our Privacy

Libertarians advocate individual privacy and government transparency.

We support the rights recognized by the Fourth Amendment to be secure in our persons, homes, property, and communications.

“A McAfee administration will end the unconstitutional NSA surveillance of all Americans, and end the invasive and wasteful existence of the TSA.”

The defense of the country requires that we have adequate intelligence to detect and to counter threats to domestic security. This requirement must not take priority over maintaining the civil liberties of our citizens.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights shall not be suspended even during time of war. Intelligence agencies that legitimately seek to preserve the security of the nation must be subject to oversight and transparency.

We oppose the government's use of secret classifications to keep from the public information that it should have, especially that which shows that the government has violated the law.

Their Endless Regulation; Our Economy

Neither the Democratic, nor Republican parties can be trusted with our economy.

George W. Bush’s presidency was characterized by massive spending, not only on unjust war, but also massive new farm subsidies, huge increases in education spending, and finally the disastrous Wall Street bailouts.

The Obama administration followed suit, with its endless fiscal “stimulus” and “stabilization” spending, bloated entitlement budgets, and an ever-rising national debt ceiling.

The failed policies of the Democrats and Republicans in Washington have lead us into a decade of economic stagnation, all the while still wasting money on endless war.

Where America has seen incredible progress is in those sectors of the economy that are least regulated, such as the technology sector.

With the new online sharing economy, and the exponential advances in our ability to conduct commerce electronically, we have already proven that great advances are made possible when government gets out of the way.

Libertarians want all members of society to have abundant opportunities to achieve economic success. A free and competitive market allocates resources in the most efficient manner. Each person has the right to offer goods and services to others on the free market. The only proper role of government in the economic realm is to protect property rights, adjudicate disputes, and provide a legal framework in which voluntary trade is protected. All efforts by government to redistribute wealth, or to control trade, are improper in a free society.

It's Time To End The Federal Reserve

The Fed performs 5 main functions:

- It facilitates interbank monetary exchanges

- It sets standards and procedures for ordinary banks

- It prints currency

- It is the lender of last resort

- It sets monetary policy (controls interest rates)

Prior to the creation of the Fed, there existed private Clearinghouse Associations. These

associations performed the following functions:

- Interbank exchanges

- Lenders of last resort

- Created standards for membership. A bank had to meet these standards in order to

become a member

What about paper currency? Paper currency can be issued by ordinary banks, as it was in the

US until the 1930s. We are already familiar with American Express, Visa and other institutions

issuing redeemable travellers checks. It is the same concept as banks issuing redeemable

currency notes.

And who would control monetary policy? No one. Monetary policy, obviously, would be self

controlled by decentralized market forces, as it should be.

But all of these issues are becoming moot. It is clear that crypto-currencies will soon be the

defacto standards of the world’s money. The Fed will disappear due simply to the issue of

relevancy. An irrelevant institution cannot survive in the world of reality.

Their Endless War

We must seek to end all war; from foreign intervention, to military and economic aid, to the war on drugs.

The Libertarian Party

The Democrats and the Republicans have failed us.

It’s time to #UninstallTheSystem …the two-party system.

The Libertarian Party is America's third largest and fastest growing political party. The Libertarian Party was created by people who realized that the politicians had strayed from America's original libertarian foundation, with disastrous results. Their vision was the same as that of America's founders -- a world where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, a world of peace, harmony, opportunity, and abundance. Libertarians are practical; we know we can't make the world perfect. But, it can be better. Libertarians will keep working to create a better, freer society for everyone.

Learn More about the Libertarian Party at LP.Org

http://www.bealibertarian.com Seems to be his new site address.
    I will forgive the past issues because this new set rocks and it seems like he is headed in the right direction.

If you take the test at isidewith.com - when you get the results, you can click on McAfee and see his answers. It was way too much to try and copy/edit/paste
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's going on with his position on immigration? "Opening up the borders" is foolish and so is giving illegals free education, but he doesn't seem to be saying that now.

I'm willing to accept that he may have had some pretty bad positions on certain issues that are outside of his expertise because he is so good on many very important issues which I trust him on.
    Last edited by Anti-Neocon; 04-12-2016 at 11:29 PM.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

I sent mcafee a message asking him to register an account and come answer some policy questions we might have. Let's hope he takes me up on the offer.

that would be freekin awesome

and wouldn't ya know it.. I am outa rep
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    I sent mcafee a message asking him to register an account and come answer some policy questions we might have. Let's hope he takes me up on the offer.
    I will too. Opal you should also.

Where did you message him at?

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    that would be freekin awesome

and wouldn't ya know it.. I am outa rep
    Covered

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Covered
    merci buckets

Probably should have asked also.. did someone hack into his email? ~giggle~

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    cool beans.. Just backed up your invite.. and recommended the dark forum skin too.

Thumbs up

My ratings based on his current issues page and recent appearances
    Civil Liberties: A+ Clearly
    Constitutional Issues: B+, maybe not an expert scholar, but experienced in a real life way, public works is not constitutional if he still believes that. All in all he seems to "get it" and loves guns.
    Economic Issues: A+ "my choice to sell and your choice to buy", end regulations + end the fed, very forward thinking when he says it will end by default in the free market.
    Foreign Policy: A , some questions about what he said about our foreign aid "commitments", though his issues page says end it all, so maybe he meant winding down commitments gracefully.
    Social Issues: A+ I believe abortion is a moral issue and should not be handled at the federal level. He understands personal freedom and privacy.
    Overall Issues Rating: solid A

He's likable, he "gets it", let's run with it boys, in this popularity contest, he's our guy.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Constitutional Issues: B+, maybe not an expert scholar, but experienced in a real life way, public works is not constitutional if he still believes that. All in all he seems to "get it" and loves guns.
    Economic Issues: A+ "my choice to sell and your choice to buy", end regulations + end the fed, very forward thinking when he says it will end by default in the free market.
    Foreign Policy: A , some questions about what he said about our foreign aid "commitments", though his issues page says end it all, so maybe he meant winding down commitments gracefully.
    Social Issues: A+ I believe abortion is a moral issue and should not be handled at the federal level. He understands personal freedom and privacy.

He's likable, he "gets it", let's run with it boys, in this popularity contest, he's our guy.
    Thanks for the analysis.

Any disagreement?

We'll be looking to get a preliminary rating out very soon. It's looking positive so far...

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

I like McAfee. He does not necessarily have a deep grasp of many issues as could be expected of someone who hasn't spent years in the political arena, but he is smart and clearly driven by a libertarian ethos. The only real knock I personally have on him is a question of judgement. It puzzles me that he already announced a potential VP running mate and who he chose is, IMO, a real head scratcher. Political naivete or blind loyalty to a friend? Either way, it's not going to play well to the general public who might be looking for an alternative to Hillary/Sanders/Trump/Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks for the analysis.

Any disagreement?

We'll be looking to get a preliminary rating out very soon. It's looking positive so far...
    I think that's a pretty solid assessment.
    "I am a bird"

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    I like McAfee. He does not necessarily have a deep grasp of many issues as could be expected of someone who hasn't spent years in the political arena, but he is smart and clearly driven by a libertarian ethos. The only real knock I personally have on him is a question of judgement. It puzzles me that he already announced a potential VP running mate and who he chose is, IMO, a real head scratcher. Political naivete or blind loyalty to a friend? Either way, it's not going to play well to the general public who might be looking for an alternative to Hillary/Sanders/Trump/Cruz.
    I had not known he has announced a running-mate. Judd Weiss. Hereis an article by Judd that explains their relation and why John wanted him as a running mate.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ke-a-good-team
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-19-2016 at 09:04 AM.

The more I read of McAfee, the more I like him. I would like to see a rough budget analysis from him..mostly what he'd like to see as a cyber security spending budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Thanks for the analysis.

Any disagreement?

No disagreement here. I like him, he's the only candidate that will get me out my door on Election Day.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I sent an invite just now too.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    A first pass of the overall rating is now complete. Nice.

So I can promote him now? Cause it's not long till the convention and though he is not perfect, I see him as having way more potential in a popularity contest then Johnson, not to mention being better on the issues.( Jews baking nazi cakes what?) The best part is that he is already most loved on the Internet and is super interesting, that sort of charisma seems to be the key this election, does not hurt that he is on the right side.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    So I can promote him now?
    Yes!

He is the most Libertarian in the philosophical sense. I'd say his speech and tone are far superior to Gary and Petersen's. However his alleged background history will destroy his legitimacy, the media will jump ALL over it.

Quote Originally Posted by younglibertarian View Post
    He is the most Libertarian in the philosophical sense. I'd say his speech and tone are far superior to Gary and Petersen's. However his alleged background history will destroy his legitimacy, the media will jump ALL over it.
    Good. We should hope that the media would jump all over it. Interviews and exposure. That's a plus not a minus in this case.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic