Thread: Prosecutor: Fatal shooting of Oregon militia spokesman was JUSTIFIED

Angry Prosecutor: Fatal shooting of Oregon militia spokesman was JUSTIFIED

Fatal shooting of Oregon militia spokesman was JUSTIFIED, prosecutor rules two months after standoff's climactic end

By Reuters

Published: 15:07 EST, 8 March 2016

The fatal shooting of Robert 'LaVoy' Finicum, one of the armed protesters who took over a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon in January, was 'justified and necessary,' a county prosecutor said on Tuesday.

Finicum was shot and killed by Oregon State Police on January 26 after he tried to flee a traffic stop on a snow-covered roadside during the armed occupation by lands rights protesters of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Relatives of Finicum, 54, a spokesman for the group that seized buildings at the refuge, insist he was not armed when he was killed.

However, Deschutes County Sheriff Shane Nelson said a loaded 9mm handgun was found in the pocket of Finicum's jacket following the shooting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...actic-end.html
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just watched that video again yesterday. Having a traffic stop with no place to turn off and snipers in the woods is bull$#@!. These guys were peaceful and could have been taken into custody without incident. This is to show everyone who the boss is and what happens if you think you can stand up for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    I just watched that video again yesterday. Having a traffic stop with no place to turn off and snipers in the woods is bull$#@!. These guys were peaceful and could have been taken into custody without incident. This is to show everyone who the boss is and what happens if you think you can stand up for yourself.
    I agree they made him to be an example to send a message back to anyone who thinks they can stand up to the Empire.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Fatal shooting of Oregon militia spokesman was JUSTIFIED, prosecutor rules two months after standoff's climactic end

By Reuters

Published: 15:07 EST, 8 March 2016

The fatal shooting of Robert 'LaVoy' Finicum, one of the armed protesters who took over a federal wildlife refuge in Oregon in January, was 'justified and necessary,' a county prosecutor said on Tuesday.

Finicum was shot and killed by Oregon State Police on January 26 after he tried to flee a traffic stop on a snow-covered roadside during the armed occupation by lands rights protesters of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Relatives of Finicum, 54, a spokesman for the group that seized buildings at the refuge, insist he was not armed when he was killed.

However, Deschutes County Sheriff Shane Nelson said a loaded 9mm handgun was found in the pocket of Finicum's jacket following the shooting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...actic-end.html
    No surprise here, they probably told the prosecutor he would get the same treatment if he ruled otherwise.

If it was in his pocket, where was the (direct) threat ?

NOT JUSTIFIED. Based on this statement.
    "I am a bird"

In the video it shows LaVoy came out with his hands up and they shot at him. Look at the back window as he was getting out.

In the video it shows LaVoy came out with his hands up and they shot at him. Look at the back window as he was getting out.
    Sorry I have not yet seen the video. I just based myself on what I read the authorities said. Which I think says enough.

People have definitely been too desensitized to realize that someone who had family, friends, a life, feelings.. Just had his life ended. No matter what the reason really. It's sad.

Where I live guns definitely aren't appreciated and cops are the only people carrying them. Yet, when someone is carrying a firearm and not trying to use it, they are arrested, not shot and killed. I'm definitely willing to say it's a problem with the police in the US. Stuff like that doesn't happen here nearly as frequently. I won't say bad things don't happen here but very rarely and then there's a lot of outrage.
    Last edited by luctor-et-emergo; 03-08-2016 at 08:16 PM.
    "I am a bird"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, an FBI guy did that - shot through the roof and it went out through a window. He shot at Finicum twice while he was getting out of the truck with his hands raised. He and 4 other FBI guys are now under investigation for lying about it and trying to cover it up.

Quote Originally Posted by luctor-et-emergo View Post

Where I live guns definitely aren't appreciated and cops are the only people carrying them. Yet, when someone is carrying a firearm and not trying to use it, they are arrested, not shot and killed. I'm definitely willing to say it's a problem with the police in the US. Stuff like that doesn't happen here nearly as frequently. I won't say bad things don't happen here but very rarely and then there's a lot of outrage.
    I have lived around guns, and people with guns.
    and it has been peaceful.

I have partied with armed folks in social venues,,and it was peaceful..

Police have always been violent,, and they are getting worse.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

So many officers, why didn't they just tackle him?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Of course it was justified.

It's always justified, even when it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    Except for the part about the huge standoff that LeVoy eventually sped away from, and tried to escape then ran into a roadblock.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    So many officers, why didn't they just tackle him?
    He reached for his gun and charged the officers, its on video.
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

Thank goodness we have Trump on the ballet, he can help us with these problems..

"You have said the police are the most mistreated people in America....."

"The Police are absolutely mistreated.....They are afraid for their pension, their job, they don't know what to do....We have to GIVE GREAT RESPECT, far greater than we are right now to our really fantastic police."

Trump won't let this happen on his watch I tell ya, he will make sure the most mistreated people in America command far greater respect to avoid these kinds of problems.

Another video has been released:

Police Release New Footage of LaVoy Finicum Shooting

Ryan Bundy Cell Phone Video Footage from Inside LaVoy Finicum's Truck

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Expecting the police to police the police doesn't work.

Justice will not be found in their courts.

Goons gonna goon... They will not stop.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

And the FBI agents shots? Beuller? Beuller?

Another video has been released:

Police Release New Footage of LaVoy Finicum Shooting

Ryan Bundy Cell Phone Video Footage from Inside LaVoy Finicum's Truck

Last 5 seconds of the video, apparently if you ask nicely for them not to shoot you, they won't.

If only LaVoy was as well mannered. (sigh)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his