Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: RUBIO ADVISERS: GET OUT BEFORE CRUSHED!

  1. #1

    Default RUBIO ADVISERS: GET OUT BEFORE CRUSHED!

    Washington (CNN)A battle is being waged within Florida Sen. Marco Rubio's campaign about whether he should even remain in the Republican presidential race ahead of his home state primary on March 15, sources say.

    Rubio himself is "bullish" on his odds of winning the critical primary, despite some advisers who are less hopeful and believe a loss there would damage him politically in both the short- and long-term.

    Publicly, the campaign is maintaining they are still a contender in this race, touting a Sunday win in Puerto Rico's primary that delivered Rubio 23 delegates. But privately, the campaign is having a debate about whether he should remain in the mix -- even for his home state of Florida's primary.

    "He doesn't want to get killed in his home state," one source familiar with the discussions said, noting "a poor showing would be a risk and hurt his political future."
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/07/politi...out/index.html

    Good advice. How embarrassing would it be for Rubio to lose Florida, his home state?



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/07/politi...out/index.html

    Good advice. How embarrassing would it be for Rubio to lose Florida, his home state?
    Yeah, I'm not sure why he'd get out. It doesn't make any sense. He isn't running for re-election. The idea that staying in could somehow risk his political future is laughable on its face. If the GOP really wants to get to a contested convention, then they need him to prevent Trump from taking Florida. If he quit, he'd be forfeiting the State to Trump. You think anyone in the upper party echelon wants him to do that?

    This reeks of opposition press leaks.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

  4. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/07/politi...out/index.html

    Good advice. How embarrassing would it be for Rubio to lose Florida, his home state?
    That is a question you would need to ask Al Gore. Florida wasn't his problem. Tennessee and Arkansas were.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

  5. #4

    Default

    I hope he stays in. The less votes Ted Cruz gets the better. Go trump.

  6. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why he'd get out. It doesn't make any sense. He isn't running for re-election. The idea that staying in could somehow risk his political future is laughable on its face. If the GOP really wants to get to a contested convention, then they need him to prevent Trump from taking Florida. If he quit, he'd be forfeiting the State to Trump. You think anyone in the upper party echelon wants him to do that?

    This reeks of opposition press leaks.
    I disagree with you completely. If I were a Rubio staffer, I would tell him not to fall on his sword for the senile GOP establishment. Whatever his future political future might be; i.e., Governor of Florida, Senator (again), he will always have this mega defeat in his own state for the rest of his political future. I would have him out tonight, before he's further embarrassed by tomorrow's primaries.

    I don't believe he has a political future. In all probability he will become a lobbyist, as they all do. But just in case, I would get him out tonight !!!!

    By the way, I hate Rubio. I hate all of them. I'm just saying, the guy is as dumb as a sack of rocks if he stays in to be defeated in Florida.
    Last edited by Dianne; 03-07-2016 at 08:14 PM.

  7. #6

    Default

    If he or his advisors had any brains, they would cut a VP deal with Cruz, endorse and run a unity ticket against Trump. It might actually work.

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    If he or his advisors had any brains, they would cut a VP deal with Cruz, endorse and run a unity ticket against Trump. It might actually work.
    Actually they should beg to cut a deal with Trump for VP. Two cubans on a ticket is political suicide. But Rubio, in the eyes of the old bastards in Washington, on a Trump ticket would make them think they won something and a ticket they could live with. Of course, Trump's days would then be numbered. He will definitely need a food taster, lol.

  9. #8

    Default

    All the Trump disciples want this story to be true so bad.

  10. #9

    Default

    ..
    Last edited by Unknown.User; 03-19-2016 at 12:02 AM.

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown.User View Post
    I don't understand your position. Rubio being in hurts Cruz more than Trump at this point.
    Not necessarily. Florida is winner-take-all. It may be that Rubio has a better shot of beating Trump there than Cruz does. What matters is that those delegates be won by someone other than Trump. If that's Rubio, and Rubio drops out after that, then come Convention time, if Trump doesn't have an absolute majority of delegates, Rubio's could end up going to Cruz.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown.User View Post
    I don't understand your position. Rubio being in hurts Cruz more than Trump at this point. The establishment stopped their Rubio push, so did Fox. That means he will siphon off the anti-Trump vote more than the "make up mind on last day" vote.

    I suspect we will see a strong Kasich push now, with the GOPe hoping Cruz stems Trump's momentum enough for Kasich to wrap up a lot of the later states. We will see though.
    FOX already pumping Kasich as the new "great white hope".

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Not necessarily. Florida is winner-take-all. It may be that Rubio has a better shot of beating Trump there than Cruz does. What matters is that those delegates be won by someone other than Trump. If that's Rubio, and Rubio drops out after that, then come Convention time, if Trump doesn't have an absolute majority of delegates, Rubio's could end up going to Cruz.
    Rubio does have a better shot at beating Trump in Florida, but Cruz is campaigning hard there to siphon votes off of Rubio to give Trump the win. Cruz wants Rubio to lose so he will get out of this race.

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Rubio does have a better shot at beating Trump in Florida, but Cruz is campaigning hard there to siphon votes off of Rubio to give Trump the win. Cruz wants Rubio to lose so he will get out of this race.
    Possibly. It's also possible that Cruz thinks he can win. It's also possible that he's just trying to make it look like he's campaigning harder there than he really is.

  15. #14

    Default

    Cruz is not in a position to try any kind of strategy except winning the primary. That's all anyone can do at this point.
    "There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought."~~Charles Kingsley

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Rubio does have a better shot at beating Trump in Florida,
    but Cruz is campaigning hard there to siphon votes off of Rubio to give Trump the win. Cruz wants Rubio to lose so he will get out of this race.
    Rubio does not need to get out of the race . . . the Rubot will be the GOPe nominee out of a brokered convention -
    let Cruz suck votes out of everybody to help force the brokered convention -
    Teddy never gets the 27% (so far) of Republicans who know he is not eligible even as VP.

  17. #16

    Default

    Rubio will not win Florida, this coming from a Floridian that is voting for Rand Paul.
    Freedom Report

    Twitter Page


    "I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

  18. #17

    Default

    Its too late now for Rubio to drop out before Florida. Dropping out now would be as embarassing as losing it to Trump.

    Polls doesnt look too good for him, but its still a week to go, and Trump is on the verge of losing momentum. But that could change today with strong wins for Trump in Michigan and Mississipi, as polls indicate. For Idaho we have only one poll and for Hawai'i none at all.
    I'm a bit of a statistical junkie. I like to analyze or sum up polling or voting data. That doesn't mean that I believe all the pollmakers - I simply dont know most of the time if they counterfeit their data because of an agenda or not. It's just the only data I have to work with.
    And I love the message of liberty!

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Possibly. It's also possible that Cruz thinks he can win. It's also possible that he's just trying to make it look like he's campaigning harder there than he really is.
    Called it.

    http://theresurgent.com/the-deal-is-...z-out-of-both/

    Let’s review shall we.

    Jeb Bush has a private meeting with Kasich, Cruz, and Rubio.

    Cruz’s campaign, after a lot of bluster about going all in in Florida admits it was all a head fake.

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why he'd get out. It doesn't make any sense. He isn't running for re-election. The idea that staying in could somehow risk his political future is laughable on its face. If the GOP really wants to get to a contested convention, then they need him to prevent Trump from taking Florida. If he quit, he'd be forfeiting the State to Trump. You think anyone in the upper party echelon wants him to do that?

    This reeks of opposition press leaks.
    I've been hoping he will stay in. If he had dropped out earlier it would've helped Trump get more delegates. Now that we are getting to the winner take all phase of the primaries it is more helpful to Trump for Rubio to stay in and divide the vote, since the delegates are no longer handed out proportionally(for the most part).

    I think he'll drop out after Florida. He's only staying in now because he has a better shot at beating Trump there than Cruz does. After that he will get out of Cruz's way.
    Last edited by misterx; 03-11-2016 at 07:18 PM.

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    Trump bit on it, too. He's been begging people in his FL rallies to early vote:
    I dont think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president, he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. Hes the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul






Select a tag for more discussion on that topic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •