Thread: NYT: Cruz, Rubio and Trump nomination paths

Last edited by Unknown.User; 03-19-2016 at 12:54 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interesting that it shows the Republicans put the more conservative states early on in the process and more moderate ones last after most of the decision as to who will be the party nominee has basically been made.

Bigger circles means more delegates at stake. And the later primaries are more "winner take all" scenarios.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-06-2016 at 01:30 PM.

Jan2017

Interesting in that Rubio has survived enough so moderate states could give him an edge later on.(May)

Last edited by Unknown.User; 03-19-2016 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Interesting that it shows the Republicans put the more conservative states early on in the process and more moderate ones last after most of the decision as to who will be the party nominee has basically been made.

Bigger circles means more delegates at stake. And the later primaries are more "winner take all" scenarios.
    Missouri is winner take at if one gets 50%+1 vote. Otherwise, the delegates are apportioned. Looks like the outliers are here for a while...

Last edited by Unknown.User; 03-19-2016 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan2017 View Post
    Interesting in that Rubio has survived enough so moderate states could give him an edge later on.(May)
    Rubio should have done well in MA, NH or VT. He can not even win the bluest states. Actually Trump has won all of them, so he likely will win CA, NY. My guess is Kasich is staying in because the GOP want him in taking delegates from Trump in moderate states while Cruz continues to gets the solid red vote. I could see Kasich getting to be on the ticket as the VP.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown.User View Post
    I have a hard time seeing Kasich as the VP pick. He isn't very popular with any segment it seems. Trump will probably pick someone that can smooth things over with congress... I am not sure Kasich is the guy....

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...mpshire-213589

Honestly I do not think Trump if he is nominated will get to pick the VP. That is the deal he will make to gain support with the GOP masters. Kasich appeals better compared to Trumps crazy antics. The Cruz supporters will vote for Trump as he is not Hillary. Kasich would attract more independents and crossovers in democrat states.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Last edited by Unknown.User; 03-19-2016 at 12:07 AM.

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic