Thread: Trump withdraws from CPAC speech to campaign in Kansas

Trump withdraws from CPAC speech to campaign in Kansas

The Republican presidential front-runner has two rallies in Michigan and one in Louisiana planned for Friday. On Saturday, Trump has announced a newly scheduled rally in Kansas, where voters will be caucusing that day. He finishes Saturday at a rally in Orlando.
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-at-conference
    Last edited by jct74; 03-04-2016 at 08:42 PM. Reason: unbreak link

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand is not attending either and no one cares. They are making a big deal about this but it of course it was no big deal when Rand or Ron won CPAC.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Gingrich supports

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    Gingrich supports

* Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Well many have been growling about Trump being there to begin with, and planning a walk out when he came on stage. F'k em. Maybe Cruz can entertain them with "booger picking" during Trump's time.

Doctor Rand is not at CPAC so THAHHH DONALD feels safe to think himself Conservative
    as he abandons CPAC? Had "Lyin' TED" and "Little MARIO both true grit and wit, they'd
    bury the hatchet and gang up on him there, hoping RINO totems and coins can be recast.

Dianne, it was a breathe mint. Or a lil wad of minty tasting gum.
    Or a minty tasting snot and not a gross & ordinary booger. TED's
    campaign has clarified this and i generally believe him. it was edible.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Even IF Mr.Donald Trump IS Huey Long's reincarnation,
    the clock is ticking down for Gentleman Mitt and any
    "dirty tricks" that might deny a nomination in a not
    very democratic and totally regal Optimate manner.

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    The National Review should just endorse Hillary already and get it over with.

As Christine noted, Donald Trump has abruptly bailed on his Saturday morning CPAC appearance. Why? Despite having a sizable contingent of supporters here, this crowd seems to overwhelmingly support Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, in that order. During last night's debate watch party, the large audience in the ballroom rained boos down on Trump throughout the evening, loudly cheering Cruz and Rubio's attacks on the frontrunner. After the debate, Trump joined a special edition of Hannity, whose titular host was broadcasting from the conference. When Trump was introduced as a guest, a large portion of assembled onlookers reacted negatively. Let's face it: A man of Trump's inflated, fragile ego does not handle slights well. Having just defended the size of his dainty hands (and, surreally, his man-parts) from the debate stage unprompted, it seems likely that the controversial mogul couldn't stomach the prospect of getting heavily booed in a half-empty room (due in part to early start time and long security lines) tomorrow morning. Instead, a hasty decision was made to pull the plug. How do we know it was hasty? Because his campaign's press release explaining their excuse was rife with Trump University spelling:

He cares so deeply about the people of "Witchita, Kanasas," you see, that he couldn't be bothered to correctly spell either word. Basically, he "chocked." In fairness, he loves the poorly educated; plus, serially misspelling tweets is kind of a Trump calling card at this point (quote: "I know words, I have the best words"). It's another matter altogether, however, to botch multiple words in a single-paragraph prepared press release. Especially when you supposedly have the "very best people" working for you, or whatever. Here's how The Donald described what this election will be about last fall, reiterating a consistent and ironic theme he's emphasized for months:

"I think this is going to be an election that's gonna be largely based on competence."

In reality, skipping this conference in favor of more face time with voters ahead of five nominating contests this weekend isn't an irrational choice at all. What makes Trump's decision problematic is that it solidifies fears among many conservatives that he'll simply dump them when he no longer needs them, it disappoints his hundreds of followers who spent good money to see him at CPAC (although he's demonstrated precious little compunction over thoughtlessly betraying people who trust him), and it reeks of an ego move, rather than a tactical allocation of campaign resources and time.
    Last edited by CPUd; 03-04-2016 at 07:00 PM.
    “I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Good, fewer Trump soundbites for me to suffer through.

Kris Kobach: 'Illegal Aliens' Used 'KKK Type Of Intimidation ...

www.huffingtonpost.com/.../kris-kobach-illegal-aliens-kkk_n_3460679....

Jun 18, 2013 - Kris Kobach: 'Illegal Aliens' Used 'KKK Type Of Intimidation' To Pressure Me ... Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach (R) continued to push back Tuesday ... an official by trespassing on his property or threatening violence.".

Kris Kobach Endorses Trump Citing Candidate's Stance On ...

talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/kris-kobach-donald-trump-endorsement

4 days ago - Kris Kobach, the Kansas secretary of state known for his push for strict voter ID laws and his authorship of Arizona's controversial immigration legislation, ...

Kris Kobach Just Became The Latest Xenophobic ...

thinkprogress.org/immigration/2016/02/29/.../kris-kobach-endorse-trum...

4 days ago - Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach, the right-wing creator of Arizona's and Alabama's stringent anti-immigration laws, has endorsed Donald Trump for ...

He's backed by a more united candidate than Roberts or Brownback.

Results

Primary election

[hide]Kansas Secretary of State, Republican Primary, 2014
    Candidate Vote % Votes
    Kris Kobach Incumbent 64.8% 166,793
    Scott Morgan 35.2% 90,680
    Total Votes 257,473
    Election Results via Kansas Secretary of State.
    General election

[hide]Secretary of State of Kansas, 2014
    Party Candidate Vote % Votes
    Republican Kris Kobach Incumbent 59.2% 508,926
    Democratic Jean Schodorf 40.8% 350,692
    Total Votes 859,618
    Election Results via Kansas Secretary of State.

See also: Kansas Secretary of State election, 2010 Kobach won election as Kansas Secretary of State in the November 2010 general election. He defeated Democrat Chris Biggs, Libertarian Phillip Horatio Lucas and Reform Party candidate Derek Langseth.
    [hide]Kansas Secretary of State, General Election, 2010
    Party Candidate Vote % Votes
    Republican Kris Kobach 59% 489,640
    Democratic Chris Biggs 37.2% 308,641
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Dianne, it was a breathe mint. Or a lil wad of minty tasting gum.
    Or a minty tasting snot and not a gross & ordinary booger. TED's
    campaign has clarified this and i generally believe him. it was edible.
    So he and Rubio aren't just snacking during the debates?

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic