160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I support Trump

40 25.00%
  • I do not support Trump

120 75.00%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Are You a Trump supporter?

No.

As much as I hate Cruz and see Rubio as a status-quo big government "conservative", Trump is actually scary.

You dont have to look any further than this thread to realize that he has a well established history of liberalism:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...esearch-Thread

But some things stick out more than others like his "Bring Back the Death Penalty, Bring Back Our Police" letter.

Seriously?

Would we really expect him to end the federal militarization of the police, let alone defanging the federal goon squads.

I have no doubt that he would sign another "Assault" Weapons Ban and this is the issue that scares me the most.

Last edited by unknown; 03-04-2016 at 07:47 PM.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    You do know what replaced the Whigs, don't you ... ?
    What if the pissed off Republicans splinter off and start the Whig party?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    The answer lies in how it's dealt with, and responded to. Look at how RPF is imploding. Just like trump himself, some significant portion of his supporters are incapable of conducting themselves as gentlemen. Rather than attempt to work together with others towards a common goal, they seek only to divide and destroy the efforts of others - this is the "wrecking ball" that they speak of, and many of them even admit that they want to destroy the party, or "take down" someone or something in general terms such as "the establishment" - it's very rarely about working towards anything positive, it's almost always about destruction or "taking down". They are confrontational, and look for any chance to argue, fight, and divide people. Simply witness the behavior of these people here, because their attitudes and behavior will carry over into how they interact with others elsewhere.

How has this been reacted to here? Some have attempted to fight, and have attempted to meet the confrontational attitudes and behavior head-on. Some have simply left, and either post much less frequently, or will never return at all. Others have called for "leadership" (Bryan) to address the problem, and offered various solutions. So far, Bryan has responded by allowing the destructive behavior to continue unchecked, and instead has censured discussion of the problem by moving threads out of sight to HT, and then locking them. The result is that the destructive behavior has been officially condoned, causing it to increase, which has in turn intensified both others continuing to participate less, or attempting to fight the problem. Either way, less positive discussion and action is the result. The question here, is why has Bryan allowed this problem to continue, condoned this destructive behavior, and censured discussion of the problem? For the life of me, I cannot see where there is any benefit to either himself or RPF, and he has not attempted to explain this in any way.

The same thing will happen within the party. Some will attempt to fight, some will lessen their participation or disengage from the party entirely, and others will appeal to leadership to help solve the problem. Leadership at all levels will be faced with the choice of either condoning the obnoxious behavior and attitudes, or expelling those who continue to exhibit destructive behavior and refuse to behave as gentlemen. Those in the positions of party leadership who condone (either explicitly or implicitly) the destructive behavior will see the same implosion that is occurring here at RPF, at whatever level of the party it is condoned. Those in the positions of leadership who expel those who cannot conduct themselves as gentlemen will continue have their local / county / state party organizations working towards the common goals they espouse and cooperate on, despite the differences that individuals may have. The question to ask here is, why has trump been allowed to continue with his ungentlemanly behavior (interrupting, shouting over others, ignoring the moderators) in the debates? Why haven't both the RNC and the debate moderators warned, and then expelled him from the debates for his behavior? If it is because they are afraid that he will attempt a indy run, he has pledged otherwise, so it would be easy to expose him as a liar - just as Bryan is allowing RPF to implode, there must be another reason somewhere.
    If RPF implodes, it will be due to the uselessness and arrogance of people like yourself.

You still got a sore butt because you argued using a fallacy (call to authority), got called out on it, and were found wanting. And good! I'm glad it's sore. It deserves to be after 25 years of nothing to show.

You got some gall to pretend you're a gentleman after that show, and that those of us who have been subject to the most outrageous dishonest debate tactics over this past week are not.

I can plenty act like a gentleman, thank you. It's just stupid to do so when one is dealing with wild children throwing temper tantrums. That's how you get run over. It's completely inappropriate to be gentlemanly in that context. No wonder why you always lose! Either you have zero street smarts whatsoever, or are being just as dishonest now as you were before.

My record shows I am quite gentlemanly to others when they are civilized as well. When I deal with whiny babies like yourself, a slap on the ass is the only appropriate response.

Get the hell out of here and out of the liberty movement, you're a saboteur and an obstructor with negative net value. We will be better off with you gone - vamoose!

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    If RPF implodes, it will be due to the uselessness and arrogance of people like yourself.

You still got a sore butt because you argued using a fallacy (call to authority), got called out on it, and were found wanting. And good! I'm glad it's sore. It deserves to be after 25 years of nothing to show.

You got some gall to pretend you're a gentleman after that show, and that those of us who have been subject to the most outrageous dishonest debate tactics over this past week are not.

I can plenty act like a gentleman, thank you. It's just stupid to do so when one is dealing with wild children throwing temper tantrums. That's how you get run over. It's completely inappropriate to be gentlemanly in that context. No wonder why you always lose! Either you have zero street smarts whatsoever, or are being just as dishonest now as you were before.

My record shows I am quite gentlemanly to others when they are civilized as well. When I deal with whiny babies like yourself, a slap on the ass is the only appropriate response.

Get the hell out of here and out of the liberty movement, you're a saboteur and an obstructor with negative net value. We will be better off with you gone - vamoose!
    An excellent example, which continues to prove my point. This is exactly the type of behavior from trump supporters that I am referring to. I wish you the best of luck in your efforts, whatever they may be.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Maybe Bryan is a minarchist and he's using this statelessness (the absence of Rand) and the subsequent establishment of a 'less good' state (Trump) to prove that anarchy isn't sustainable.

Eta: of course the state of Rand and liberty is not actually in danger on RPF. The liberty lovers are to smart, and truth is stronger than fiction.
    Last edited by P3ter_Griffin; 03-04-2016 at 08:01 PM.

An excellent example, which continues to prove my point. This is exactly the type of behavior from trump supporters that I am referring to. I wish you the best of luck in your efforts, whatever they may be.
    Time to blow your $#@! up.

Here's invisible's post which started the tiff between he and I:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6148568

Because now that Bryan has stated that the trumpettes are allowed to shill for their fascist as much as they want, and then locked the thread where people were stating that this was a problem, they have won. Those of us who wanted RPF to remain RPF rather than turn into trumpette central have lost. If that is Bryan's decision, then we have lost, and that is that. So let them have it. If Bryan somehow thinks that it advances the cause of Liberty for those reading anything here for the first time to see the behavior and shilling of the trumpettes, that is his call. Let them kill off RPF by turning it into trumpette central, if that is what Bryan wants. It's his decision. If he would rather see RPF be overrun by trumpettes than continue to advance the cause of Liberty, then so be it. I'm simply going to accept the loss graciously, and not bother to argue with the trumpettes, nor bother to say anything bad about their candidate. You can't make someone care about their property, and Bryan is no exception. You can't make someone care about their country, and the trumpettes are no exception.

So here is my take on this. Let's turn this thread into a POSITIVE discussion. For those of us who do wish to continue to advance the cause of Liberty by working to elect actual Liberty Candidates, where can we discuss it without the distraction of the trumpettes? Do we simply continue here, and concentrate our discussion of working to elect actual Liberty Candidates in one section where the trumpettes pose less of a distraction? Or do we find or create somewhere else to go, where the shilling for authoritarian candidates isn't tolerated? The former has the advantage of already having our numbers here, but has the disadvantages of already being heavily infiltrated and compromised, and having an owner who has openly stated that he is willing to not only allow that to continue to happen, but has also imposed censorship on those who care about this problem by locking the thread where it was being discussed. The latter has the disadvantage of having to start over again from scratch, and find a new home to replace the one that has now been taken from us.
    Emphases added by me. Note that this post was made before I engaged Mr. Gentleman at all in any sort of discourse.

Now, Mr. Gentleman.

I have bolded the ad hominems. I may have missed a few after the first dozen, since it would be superfluous with so many to demonstrate.

I have underlined your attacks on the owner of the property you are $#@!ting on.

Both bolded and underlined is your claim to authority fallacy.

On which you were challenged.

And came up with nothing but a resume of losing campaigns, the last one of which lost so badly I'm shocked you would put it on your profile.

In red is a statement of such massive hypocrisy that it blows the mind. Yes, let's turn this into a POSITIVE discussion, now that you've dumped a large number of ad hominem attacks on people who disagree with you in good faith.

Take a $#@!ing hike, loser. Not only don't we need you, we don't want you or anybody like you around. You're poison. And as I have demonstrated here beyond any reasonable doubt, a baldfaced liar.
    Last edited by thoughtomator; 03-04-2016 at 08:05 PM.

I support teh Donald's trolling of teh Evil Party. Most entertaining public display in mainstream politics. I wish Vermin Supreme could've been in teh DNC debates. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post
    Maybe Bryan is a minarchist and he's using this statelessness (the absence of Rand) and the subsequent establishment of a 'less good' state (Trump) to prove that anarchy isn't sustainable.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Time to blow your $#@! up.

Here's invisible's post which started the tiff between he and I:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post6148568

Emphases added by me.

Now, Mr. Gentleman.

I have bolded the ad hominems. I may have missed a few after the first dozen, since it would be superfluous with so many to demonstrate.

I have underlined your attacks on the owner of the property you are $#@!ting on.

Both bolded and underlined is your claim to authority fallacy.

On which you were challenged.

And came up with nothing but a resume of losing campaigns, the last one of which lost so badly I'm shocked you would put it on your profile.

In red is a statement of such massive hypocrisy that it blows the mind. Yes, let's turn this into a POSITIVE discussion, now that you've dumped a large number of ad hominem attacks on people who disagree with you in good faith.

Take a $#@!ing hike, loser. Not only don't we need you, but we don't want you. You're poison. And as I have demonstrated here beyond any reasonable doubt, a baldfaced liar.
    I really appreciate you continuing to prove my point! Again, I wish you the best of luck in your efforts.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by P3ter_Griffin View Post

Eta: of course the state of Rand and liberty is not actually in danger on RPF. The liberty lovers are to smart, and truth is stronger than fiction.
    Go tinfoil in style, bro.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I really appreciate you continuing to prove my point! Again, I wish you the best of luck in your efforts.
    Bite me, saboteur. Your shameless hypocrisy reveals what you really are, and I hope Byran should take action to sweep out the garbage. Because you stink.

Bite me, saboteur. Your shameless hypocrisy reveals what you really are, and I hope Byran should take action to sweep out the garbage. Because you stink.
    Again, thank you. I really do appreciate you repeatedly proving my point. I wish you the best of luck in getting your candidate elected.

Again, thank you. I really do appreciate you repeatedly proving my point. I wish you the best of luck in getting your candidate elected.
    forum drama is dramatic!

The answer lies in how it's dealt with, and responded to. Look at how RPF is imploding...
    I think its despondence.

RPF needs to get back to Ron Paul - that guy is a class act. Even he says he's ready for the collapse though. We have to continue to sew the seeds of the replacement party/government today.

I'll agree though - there has been a lot of hostility growing here, over the last few years. I dont blame Bryan though, I see it going on everywhere. I think the reality of the situation weighs heavily on those who actually understand it.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    You do know what replaced the Whigs, don't you ... ?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    I think the reality of the situation weighs heavily on those who actually understand it.
    That's exactly what it is. We have NO ROOM and NO TIME for useless posturing ivory tower types. They're killing us.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    forum drama is dramatic!
    It's anger and frustration at not having Ron or Rand in this race for POTUS. Don't become locked in bitterness.

Luieburger

Anybody but Hillary. So yes. I support everybody but Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    There are a lot of people who do not align with the Democrats. In fact, last I checked, most identify with the label "independent". So without a Republican party, we have a vacuum for that second party we "must have"... Do you think that everyone would just vote Democrat if there was no Republican party? I dont.
    Sure, there will be a lot of people who will never vote Democrat. But if the opposition to the Democrats is divided, the Democrats have a massive advantage. The DNC also has a large number of wealthy donors and well-established political infrastructure around the country. It would definitely be an uphill battle.

I'd find it interesting, for sure. Granted, there might be more than one party to fill the void, but I could see Dr Paul's vision of coalition over partisanship being a likely result of having the Republican party collapse.
    That would be really nice, but it could also be replaced by an authoritarian Trump-style party.
    Stop believing stupid things

Be careful! Keep it up and eventually he'll threaten not to interact with you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    What if the pissed off Republicans splinter off and start the Whig party?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    There will definitely be change, but not the kind of change you and others think. In 2020 they will be begging people like Mitt and Jeb to run again.
    They are always begging for that though. This time around Jeb! was the anointed one and Trump destroyed him. Next time there will be another anointed one. What you are saying will happen, will always happen.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Everyday is 1939 when the power structure is threatened.

I do not support Trump. I am considering voting for him strategically in the primaries as I would rather he be the nominee than the other candidates. I will not vote for him in the general election.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm disappointed that Trump and Hillary can't shake hands after they win their primaries and declare themselves as Joint-Commanders-in-Chief.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

I think he sucks less than Hillary. Does that make me a supporter?
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    I think he sucks less than Hillary. Does that make me a supporter?
    No.

“[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

I want him to burn the Republican Party to the ground and give the establishment 4-8 years of hell but I refuse to vote for him.

“I don’t think that there will be any curtailing of Donald Trump as president,” he said. "He controls the media, he controls the sentiment [and] he controls everybody. He’s the one who will resort to executive orders more so than [President] Obama ever used them." - Ron Paul

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic