160. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I support Trump

40 25.00%
  • I do not support Trump

120 75.00%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are You a Trump supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by misterx View Post
    Can we just agree that we are all allies when it comes to shrinking government, and reducing its control over us? I don't care if you don't support Trump as long as your support can be counted on for the issues that matter. Whatever Trump does once he's elected, we will almost all be on the same side in supporting or rejecting his actions as president.
    NO. You are either with us, or with the terrorists.. er Trump.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    It needs an "Oh, hell no!" option.
    Henry Rogue, since you always carry the beautiful quotes from BuddyRey; I must tell you with almost 100% certainty that BuddyRey would agree with your "Oh, hell no!". Under no circumstance would BuddyRey cast a vote for Trump. I believe "blowhard" was the one word he used to describe Trump.

I voted "No", I don't plan to vote for him or anyone currently in the race in either political party. Having said that, if and when Trump is elected and he actually does the better things that he has said he will do, I may consider changing my mind. As it stands, I have nothing rock solid to go on with Trump so he's, at best, an unknown quantity with inconsistent rhetoric. From a stylistic standpoint I don't care for him, but then again, I hate what most of his present enemies represent so I'm not as dead-set against him now as I was when Rand Paul was still in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by hells_unicorn View Post
    I voted "No", I don't plan to vote for him or anyone currently in the race in either political party. Having said that, if and when Trump is elected and he actually does the better things that he has said he will do, I may consider changing my mind. As it stands, I have nothing rock solid to go on with Trump so he's, at best, an unknown quantity with inconsistent rhetoric. From a stylistic standpoint I don't care for him, but then again, I hate what most of his present enemies represent so I'm not as dead-set against him now as I was when Rand Paul was still in the race.
    If Trump get's elected and proves me wrong and actually makes ANY strides toward shrinking government and advancing freedom I will buy every yea voter in this thread the equivalent of a case of good beer. Beverage of their choosing.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    If Trump get's elected and proves me wrong and actually make ANY strided to shrink government and advance freedom I will buy every yea voter in this thread the equivalent of a case of good beer. Beverage of their choosing.
    Bookmarked! I have a taste for expensive beer, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Bookmarked! I have a taste for expensive beer, by the way.
    That's why I said that, screw cheap beer. I'm too damn old to drink that crap.

I differ and actually I think Trump is the absolute worst, mostly because of how unpredictable he is. Any of the other candidates would basically be more of the same (Cruz might be better.) But Trump has the potential to be far more... unhinged. Do you really want someone this egotistical with control of a nuclear arsenal? This scares me...
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

That's why I said that, screw cheap beer. I'm too damn old to drink that crap.
    A man of class and quality!

Um, just checking, that thing that Trump may or may not do to advance the cause of liberty, it doesn't have to be intentional does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I differ and actually I think Trump is the absolute worst, mostly because of how unpredictable he is. Any of the other candidates would basically be more of the same (Cruz might be better.) But Trump has the potential to be far more... unhinged. Do you really want someone this egotistical with control of a nuclear arsenal? This scares me...
    Barack Obama

A man of class and quality!

Um, just checking, that thing that Trump may or may not do to advance the cause of liberty, it doesn't have to be intentional does it?
    Yes dammit!

Yes dammit!
    Oh $#@!, I may have made my beer reservation a bit too early. How intentional are we talking, here?

I'm not worried about that. It's not like he'll be in charge of the strings that are pulling him.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh $#@!, I may have made my beer reservation a bit too early. How intentional are we talking, here?
    Oh $#@!, here we go. Shall I hire a lawyah?

If Trump get's elected and proves me wrong and actually makes ANY strides toward shrinking government and advancing freedom I will buy every yea voter in this thread the equivalent of a case of good beer. Beverage of their choosing.
    Oh man, now I might miss out on some free beer. POLL NEEDED MORE OPTIONS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Oh man, now I might miss out on some free beer. POLL NEEDED MORE OPTIONS!!!
    I think you're safe. But if I'm wrong I'll buy you a six pack of PBR.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I'm not worried about that. It's not like he'll be in charge of the strings that are pulling him.
    I think he's totally unpredictable. He could be OK. But he might not be. And if he's bad, he'll be really bad. I know he's an immoral man with totally unhinged rhetoric. I won't hold my breath
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

I think he's totally unpredictable. He could be OK. But he might not be. And if he's bad, he'll be really bad. I know he's an immoral man with totally unhinged rhetoric. I won't hold my breath
    You act like the president is anything more than a puppet.

Bookmarked. I'll send you a Silver Eagle if he doesn't... You may need it if you're right lol

I think you're safe. But if I'm wrong I'll buy you a six pack of PBR.

Quote Originally Posted by openfire View Post
    Bookmarked. I'll send you a Silver Eagle if he doesn't... You may need it if you're right lol
    I'll send you my PBR if you send me a Silver Eagle.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

My pastor, who is probably the most socially conservative and economically libertarian person I've ever known, has a similar position to the one I just gave, in fact a few conversations with him is part of why I've begun scaling back my antagonism towards Trump. As a standing rule, he isn't registered to vote and wouldn't do so unless a change to the U.S. Constitution adhering Christ's kingship is ratified, but he views Trump as a potentially useful quantity, largely depending on what parts of his rhetoric are genuine. By contrast, he views Bernie Sanders as the most potentially destructive of the bunch (I concur with him on this) and he puts Clinton and Rubio not too far behind.

One thing to keep in mind also is that my pastor has a certain degree of admiration for the Russian Orthodox Church and Putin because of the recent strides that Russia has made in cleaning up its debauched culture, and Trump is by far the least antagonistic towards them.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Poll should have a maybe option that I now want to switch my vote to. I am now in the maybe category due to Trump just softened his position on H-1B visas in tonight debate.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Poll should have a maybe option that I now want to switch my vote to. I am now in the maybe category due to Trump just softened his position on H-1B visas in tonight debate.
    If (when) he gets the nomination, you won't recognize him by November.

If (when) he gets the nomination, you won't recognize him by November.
    I'm pretty sure I could spot that hair anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    One or two idiots and sock puppets. Amazing what one or two can accomplish on a forums if given free reign.

Operation Reputation Burn is NOW in affect.

These are the name we hit.

"ORB. If you support Trump you don't belong here."
    An internet vendetta?,...seriously?

Seems to me that it would be difficult to find a more boring hobby. I've been involved with metalwork to fill my spare time. That's probably a bit much for you, but maybe origami or something would give you satisfaction.

[IMG][/IMG]

With the back to back neg rep I got for voting yes it is like I just went through Cersei Game of Thrones like walk of shame.

All for nothing because Trump completely betrayed those of us supporting him due to his H-1B position that he now flip-flopped on. This is depressing. Worse I may still have to hold my nose for a Republican just to hold on to the 2nd amendment and Supreme Court nominations.

I am in maybe, no option for maybe.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    With the back to back neg rep I got for voting yes it is like I just went through Cersei Game of Thrones like walk of shame.

All for nothing because Trump completely betrayed those of us supporting him due to his H-1B position that he now flip-flopped on. This is depressing. Worse I may still have to hold my nose for a Republican just to hold on to the 2nd amendment and Supreme Court nominations.
    The second amendment maybe, but the court? I'm not seeing it.

My pastor, who is probably the most socially conservative and economically libertarian person I've ever known, has a similar position to the one I just gave, in fact a few conversations with him is part of why I've begun scaling back my antagonism towards Trump. As a standing rule, he isn't registered to vote and wouldn't do so unless a change to the U.S. Constitution adhering Christ's kingship is ratified, but he views Trump as a potentially useful quantity, largely depending on what parts of his rhetoric are genuine. By contrast, he views Bernie Sanders as the most potentially destructive of the bunch (I concur with him on this) and he puts Clinton and Rubio not too far behind.

One thing to keep in mind also is that my pastor has a certain degree of admiration for the Russian Orthodox Church and Putin because of the recent strides that Russia has made in cleaning up its debauched culture, and Trump is by far the least antagonistic towards them.
    I wonder if your pastor would be interested in discussing this with me.... I'd be curious to hear his thoughts on it. Currently I am much less afraid of Sanders than Trump. Sanders I think has bad ideas but I think he does want what he sees as best for the country, even if he really doesn't. Trump strikes me as much more of a loose cannon. I have no idea what he would do with power if he had it, he seems unpredictable and I guess I'm thinking if I can't have a good candidate (and certainly there are no good candidates) I guess I'd at least like some predictability.

I'd be curious to hear your pastor's thoughts on this though. Also it seems like your pastor is an exception among covenanters I know with regards to Orthodoxy, most seem to view the Orthodox Church as more comparable to Rome, or at least the ones I have talked to.

I'm not going to vote in the poll. I want him to win. It's unknown what he'll do as president. That is better than any other candidate has to offer.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    I'm not going to vote in the poll. I want him to win. It's unknown what he'll do as president. That is better than any other candidate has to offer.
    You want him to win but you won't vote in the poll?

For what its worth (@HU) from the comments I've seen floating around facebook it seems like the Schwertleys would consider Cruz the most preferable of the candidates, which is the direction I lean as well.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Select a tag for more discussion on that topic